Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think it needs to be kept the way it was last year. Spec,pro spec and mod. With Spec and Pro Spec using the same rules for both period. Keep them stock out of the box if you feel the need to modify it run mod sct or mod truck for that matter. I bought a stock slash 2 years ago when Chris started this class and I love the fact that I can pull the truck off the shelf and go run it at any time without having to put my Tekin in it and upgrading everything to keep up. I don't want to run the spec class with the new guys just because I don't want to upgrade my truck to keep up.

It's a perfect class if the trucks are left alone! someone off the street can buy the same thing the guys who win pro have. And when they get better they have a place to go and move up without dropping more money. Which is tight these days.

Fire away!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
i personally dont really care what you do with spec cause i dont run it...
i am just trying to get the point across that there are 30 guys who want to race that cant under your tracks rules.

i personally wont run a mod motor short course class because these trucks dont need the power. plus i run 4wd also so i wouldnt be able to run my 17.5 and 4wd under these proposed rules as that would be one class.

after last year i can attest that running a 2wd with the 4wd at bumps is a bad idea, why do think we stopped showing up with our 17.5 trucks once you put us in the 4x4 class.
Im sorry i didnt know that the rules were already set. I thought that was what this thread was about.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow, what a discussion on these sct trucks. I went and bought a ultima sc specifically to run at bumps this year. No matter what Chris comes up with I will run it box stock. I can see many people desire to be able to mix and match rtr parts from one brand to another because of certain drawbacks from each manufacturer. If a certain brand tends to blow engines and escs , then yes I would want to swap out for something that doesn't make me replace them every couple of races.
Basically, like Chris says...every brand has it's good points n bad. I for one, race on an extreme budget. And I wouldn't care one bit at all if you allowed people to swap out rtr gear because I am coming to race for fun. Everything breaks....and if one brands motor and esc, tires, etc..are better and mine break or wear out, then it would be cool to replace with better quality stuff, but if you can't...whoop di doo.
So I think a lot of people might agree with swapping rtr gear.
But when it comes down to it, I don't really care. I am gonna race to have fun, and that is what should matter most. Cause c'mon....really....are you racing these things to get rich...heck no...ur doing it to have fun......that or you can't afford to do it 1:1. lmao.

Enough already...lin'em up...let's race.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Ward
Im sorry i didnt know that the rules were already set. I thought that was what this thread was about.
the spec class was run last year using the" out of the box "rules at bumps...

the simple solution for spec is:
novice = out of the box, no swapping
pro = any rtr components
17.5 = roar rules
mod = run what you brung
4wd = 2 cell lipo, no 8th conversions
Old 09-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Lets just race
Old 09-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Old 09-22-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
Matt, relax - the problem is roar basically allowed so many upgrades it's no longer is a spec class. There are a lot of people out there that the love the simplicity of buying a truck off the wall (RTR) and being competitive with it. Your shocks are not a big deal. Like last year we allowed any any upgrade that was not a performance advantage - examples include rpm arm &, caster blocks, threaded shocks would also fall into this category. However double D's are going to be faster, etc.

Keith - the problem with the way pit stop has done it in spec is just as Reigle alluded too, people had to go buy additional equipment to be competitive. All short course trucks have advantages and disadvantages out of the box. Why make the guy with the blitz go and buy slash tires and an sc-10 motor to make his truck superior. In my opinion the spec class around here is anything but spec. I firmly believe that if these rules were in place when the trucks first came into the market we would not have seen the kind of growth we have had. I agree with pat if you want to spend money run the 17.5 class or go play with the big boys and get a 2wd.

Pat, I like your idea about open mod - guys that have a 4.5 in there blitz can run in 4wd short course - or maybe we just change the name to modified short course. I think it may just be good to get these rules up on the web and then the first race - tweak them to make sure the majority of everyone is happy.
I run 4x4 and spec and not a big fan of 2wd mod running with the 4x4 class, as for spec or pro spec or what ever it ends up being called i'll run it any way you want
Old 09-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

5 classes of SCTs? Seems a little extreme but if there is enough racers why not?

What class do I run in if I put some real tires and some FT mods on my SC10 brushless rtr? Thats what I plan to do.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Do tires make that much of a difference at bumps on the SCT's? The reason I have to ask, is from the immediate smell of all the traction compound that appears to get put into the dirt from most of the people using it. Is there any rule to not allow sct's to use the compound? I am just an outsider looking in.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:22 AM
SPN
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Moore
Lets just race
I'm with ya Bob!

Do we really have to wait until October 17th

Also interested to know if you will be running e-buggy...

If not perhaps we can run them on non points days as the crowd seems to be a little smaller on those days
Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

don't mix 2wd and 4x4 trucks in the same class.

sc classes should be :

spec 2wd = box stock no mixing of mfg's parts
mod 2wd = anything goes
4x4 = anything goes

my .02
Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

we have no existing mod class....

why wouldnt you run the existing classes we already have a field for?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got my SC10 and its not very fast. I saw somewhere someone posted a 3300kv motor was like a 8.5 Novak (not this thread) and they were sorely mistaken. I would compare it to a 19t brushed motor and not a very quick one at that. Its more like a good racing brushed stock motor. Im hoping that with lipo it will be faster. Right now I just ran one of my 2400mah NIMH packs I had for my starter box.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Jason - lipo will make a world of difference.

ShtLuck - keep spec as a stock rc.
then let pro/mod 2wd be 17.5 and all the faster 2wd people or anybody who wants to mod their 2wd goes into the pro/mod 2wd class.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Ward
Ok if your worried about that kind of stuff then you need to have a limit on batteries. And also pull out the dogbone and check for the screw for the ball diff. Which is the only fair thing for all the spec drivers. Also from what your saying the slash should be in its on class because of its weight. I understand what you mean how all the small things add up, so then when that person does that well you just have them bump up. AM I OVAL RACING AGAIN?
I know some guys run Slash truck and some other RTRs out of the box or almost 100% stock out of the box and do very well. I like to do it and a few others do but I also know that I'm at a disadvantage but driving makes up most of it.

I know its hard and is a pain but Chris has always wanted to keep SCT a more of a Spec class but all the summer tracks more or less let guys run just about anything so it messes up the rules we had in place before other tracks ever ran these trucks. Now its like Chris is suppose to change his rules to conform and it makes for a total mess. Would be nice if every place ran the same but don't happen.

Yes the SCT class is at this point like oval racing and I agree with that. Problem is everyone is cashing in on Traxxas making a CORR truck so again is screws everything up.

I still think we should have a Spec class just like we did last year and just run Pros and Normal together for just one Spec class and then one open SCT with 2S lipo and SCT tires and be done. This will keep down the amount of classes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.