R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Track owner seeks new location (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/39430-track-owner-seeks-new-location.html)

rctrackman 04-28-2004 03:44 PM

Track owner seeks new location

Hi folks. The wife and I are looking to make a move so I could use your help.
If you live in an area that you think could use an RC shop and an on road track, please e-mail or PM and let me know. I have a mobile 16ft drivers stand, A complete AMBrc system , A Road Rails track system , PA system and computer. At this time, the equipment is being used to support a small club.
Any area of the country will be considered but keep in mind it should be in ,or close to ,an area that could truly support the business and a club or full time track operation.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.

mb racer 04-28-2004 09:35 PM

Re: Track owner seeks new location

Originally posted by rctrackman
If you live in an area that you think could use an RC shop and an on road track, please e-mail or PM and let me know. I have a mobile 16ft drivers stand, A complete AMBrc system , A Road Rails track system , PA system and computer. At this time, the equipment is being used to support a small club.
Any area of the country will be considered but keep in mind it should be in ,or close to ,an area that could truly support the business and a club or full time track operation.

just wondering .. WHERE ARE you located .. what state .. :confused: :confused:and good luck in your venture.. towards success !!

Nova F1 Racer 04-29-2004 05:30 AM

Re: Track owner seeks new location

Originally posted by rctrackman

Northern Virginia is screaming for a permanet track. Most if not all NOVA racers go to MD to race. Of course an indoor track ( that nitros could run at ) would be a goldmine.... Take a look at the
VA/MD thread in the racing forum and you see what I mean...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...s=&threadid=66

edseb 04-30-2004 11:25 AM

San Diego needs a well organized series. There are a couple small aprking lot races here and there, but no transponders and nothing at that level for at least a hour away drive to Orange County.

fawkes23 04-30-2004 11:31 AM

You have got to come up here to Anchorage, Alaska. We have one tru hobby shop in the whole city, and they charge way more than they should. We also do not have an onroad track up here, only an offroad track or two. If you cam up here you would make a killing. Don't know if you would care for the weather though.

Nova F1 Racer 04-30-2004 11:48 AM

Originally posted by fawkes23
You have got to come up here to Anchorage, Alaska. We have one tru hobby shop in the whole city, and they charge way more than they should. We also do not have an onroad track up here, only an offroad track or two. If you cam up here you would make a killing. Don't know if you would care for the weather though.
ALASKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:weird: :eek: :weird: :eek:

rctrackman 04-30-2004 12:11 PM

Well...been to Alaska before. The Air Force paid my way !! I've never forgiven them for that !!:lol: Actually, it wasn't that bad. I just don't think the Wife would go for it.

NovaF1....I haven't forgotten about you...been doing some research on your neck of the woods ever since you contacted me.

Wow..San Diego...REALLY??....I woulda thought you guy's had all the tracks you needed. Then again..judging from what Shane(Futurereal) is going through...maybe it's just not cost effective. The cost of property and buildings out there has to be tough. Sure wouldn't mind going back to Cali though...spent a year in Monterey a while back. Tell me more edseb....and if you want, e-mail me your phone number and I'll give you a call over the weekend.

Is anybody out there from the Fayetteville N.C. area?? My brother lives North of there and I'd like to know whats up that way. Thanks

edseb 04-30-2004 03:29 PM

Yeah you'd think there would be tons of tracks, but there isn't. There's tons of people always talking like they are going to do it, but no one goes through with it. The real estate is kind of high, but we're pretty much in the meca of RC and no On Road permenant track in the whole county and it can't be that much more than SoCal Raceway has to pay in Huntington Beach. Us RC guys in SD have to travel all the way up to Orange County to just race in parking lots or even farther for permanent. The closest indoor carpet track is in Northern california which is a good 9 hours from here. A lot of us have never even driven on carpet before. Build it and people will come. I'll PM you with my info.

TeamGPT88 04-30-2004 03:50 PM

Gulfport or Biloxi MS could use a good onroad Track and Hobby Shop. Gulfport has a Train Shop that sell's some Traxxas stuff. We have travel to Mobile Al, Pensacola Fl and Jackson MS to race and buy parts. No racing at all in this area, Hobby Shop ( I mean Train Shop ) Has no desire to host one....If you build it they will come.....

Chris08527 04-30-2004 04:06 PM

if you opened an indoor facility in central jersey . .two words GOLD MINE . . .hobby shop indoor touring/oval plenty big enough for 10th scale/12th scale do maybe the arcade/b-day party thing

FORGET ABOUT IT!!!

many people drive over 1 hour to go way southern new jersey or eastern PA and you would get many drivers from the ny city area cause many of those guys travel to snj or pa to race in the winter rc sites

www.jacksonrcracing.com

http://www.ontraxhobbies.com/

http://www.teamtrinity.com/

Chris08527
JRC

edseb 04-30-2004 04:19 PM

Oh BTW. San Diego has tons of land in east San Diego for all sorts of tracks. Remember, beaches, girls and RC and its all year round. Weather is amazing.

DOMOisCOOL 04-30-2004 04:57 PM

You could always open one here in the San Francisco Bay Area:nod:

Of course land will be a bit expensive, but not that bad.:rolleyes:

Nova F1 Racer 04-30-2004 07:08 PM

Originally posted by edseb
Oh BTW. San Diego has tons of land in east San Diego for all sorts of tracks. Remember, beaches, girls and RC and its all year round. Weather is amazing.
His wife will be pleased to read this little nugget..:eek: :rolleyes:

rcguy2477 05-01-2004 06:09 AM

What about Philidelphia? I dont know of any track really within a half hour of there, and the land is cheap. Pa has a lot of on-road racers, and the more tracks, the better.

GReddy 05-01-2004 05:59 PM

please open one if san francisco there are no tracks here at all

and there are many off road and on road racers here just wating for a place to race