R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   New parking lot track in Santee California (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/386411-new-parking-lot-track-santee-california.html)

gguest 04-04-2010 06:45 PM

New parking lot track in Santee California

Hello everyone here is some info regarding the parking lot track at Sonrise church in santee. We are currently running once a month on the second saturday of the month, but with a couple of good turnouts we could probably go to bi-weekly.

We are running on Saturday April 10th at 11:00 to 1:00 but we are flexible regarding closing time and last time I think we ran until around 2:30 or 3:00. Just like the last session this will also be an organized or controlled practice session with everyone getting a good amount of track time. It is possible that we could have a loaned lap counting system for the day but only to run 2 or 3 heats at some point during the day to demonstrate to the church how races are really ran, then hopefully next month we will start racing! If anyone knows someone with a decoder and loop we could borrow for the day please let me know ASAP at: [email protected] . We will not turn anyone away because of car type (except 5th scale) and will give each class an ample amount of track time, separated by car type, so get ready to have a good time. AKA is going to send us some giveaways also.

I went to the So Cal SC point’s race in Kearny Mesa yesterday and handed out a bunch of flyers and talked to some of the racers about the track and had a lot of good responses, so I look forward to a really good turnout, spread the word please.

Below you can see some info and features regarding the track:
Absolutely free, no admission price, come out and enjoy!
130’ x 50’ smooth asphalt track with a 105’ straightaway and 12’ wide lanes.
Road Rail divider system efficiently taped down with fluorescent tape on all corner dots.
32’ long driver stand which is 36’ tall.
Designated pit area that features a 40’ x 30’ canopy providing covered pitting as well as a grassy area for pitting and kids play area.
Enough tables for around 20 drivers will be supplied, all chairs supplied and power is supplied as well.
Jumps for the SC trucks and off road cars.
Sound system and music playing for a cool environment.

What to Bring:
Bring a table just in case ours are full.
Bring an extension cord and a power strip if possible.
Bring your friends and family!!

Please read the following guidelines, it just helps if all know what to expect:
Drugs or alcohol will not be tolerated, no different than any other tracks, just leave it at home please.
No running cars around in the parking lot, the church will have other things scheduled during our time frame so we don’t want anyone getting run into and hurt.
Pit in the designated pit area only, we are lucky to have a covered pit area and we want the racers to pit together to create a cool environment. No exceptions to this rule and it also helps keep theft down.

We want everyone to have a good time and without some rules it would be free for all and raise the opportunity for problems to occur. Anyone who has raced at any of the tracks I have run knows that I put a lot of effort into the track and try to maintain a good racing environment , so please NO yelling, fighting, arguing , cussing on the stand etc…

We are very blessed to have a place like this to come and race with no entry fees so please try and remember these few easy rules and I look forward to seeing you at the track!!

Tater salad 04-06-2010 11:41 AM

thats awesome, ill have to come check it out. is there any 1/18th scale cars running around there?

revrace 04-06-2010 06:36 PM

I was able to check out the place on its first "open practice" a couple of weeks ago. It is probably the nicest parking lot track you could imagine. The asphalt is super smooth and the covered pitting is awesome. Also the drivers stand is great since most parking lots I have raced at don't have one. Great job Gary on making this happen. Hopefully organized racing will follow soon.