Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Caution: High Wind and Hot Air Advisory Ahead: Read at your own risk!

Originally Posted by bigdaddyquale
shannon .....................I just don't know what to say .... is that my transponder your dragging to the scene of your next crash so its 2wheel open, spec 13.5 1/10 scale truck,open sct, spec 13.5 sct (enduro, subcultures, or calibers only)unless we get a sponsor for this class!!?? I'm thinking I have an Idea!! and nitro classes dillon yes I hope to seperate nitro buggy...thanks for the reminder and thanks for all the input keep it comin what about a schedule wed practice friday night race and every other sunday??????????
I'm not sure I understand the context of your post Matt......

I'll have my own transponder this summer, don't worry

I also really like the idea of going Sundays too because sometimes after a long week at work, I'm beat on Friday night and I'm sure others are too. The only issue I could see is maybe losing some people who go run at Steve King's place every week if he's at the same place and time as last year.

I was just saying that for the people who are new or suck like me then it may be best not to have them try and fail to compete with the people who have their vehicles equipped with the fastest geat they can get their hands on.

I would like to come back this summer and race my SCT and perhaps a buggy but I'm not going to do it if it's just going to be an exercise in futility. I need to concentrate on getting the vehicle set up properly and learning the proper throttle response points and entry and apex of the corners rather than making tons of errors trying to keep up with Johnny Racer who has years of experience and the ballistic hyperspeed motor. Like I said, I'm good with 13.5T. I'll spend $20 on one of my cheap Hong-Kong jobs. I actually like your idea of limiting the tires to those particular ones as well. See you in the summer unless you decide that you can't put up with me and my shit and give me the old boot.

I also agree with everything SMZR2 posted. I haven't tried out my 17.5T motor yet, so I honestly don't know if it is too weak for some of the jumps or what. I know that the stock 17T brushed had no issues until it was just worn out. It seems like everybody is agreeing on the 13.5T so I I'll order one, you'll get no arguing or whining from me on that.

Originally Posted by Twisted Nitro
So now that we have all sunk a small fortune in our sct's to be fast and compete everyone wants to run a spec class. Awesome. I hope we will continue a mod class also. I can't afford to build a truck for every class everyone wants to start. I was hoping we could just fill up all the classes we run now before creating 2 or 3 more.
I can see your point when it comes to the buggies and the stadium trucks unless everybody decides to start buying and bringing them but at no point last year did I ever see anything even near what somebody would consider to be a shortage of SCT trucks. I wouldn't fear not having enough people to run the mod class, if anything I would anticipate it being more difficult to run the lower "stock" class.

Last edited by Driver86; 01-13-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

From what Ive heard, Kings going to be doing his races on Saturdays this coming up season. Someone would have to confirm that through Steve though. No matter the day/night Im making it a point to try and get up there as many weekends as possible to run with you boys this year! I CANT WAIT! "please god, melt the snow so we can get back to having fun outdoors".
Old 01-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Steve is going to start out with Sunday races just to start off the racing till he gets everything ready for saturday nights. But shortly after the season starting up he'll be going under the lights.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Driver86
you'll get no arguing or whining from me on that.
Okay.

Dude. I don't think you understand... The more experienced drivers are obviously going to know what to do on the track vs the new rookie drivers.. And all 4 times you went to a track last year isn't going to get you on that fast level. I'm not going to say half of whats going through my mind right now because I'm nice. But you need more practice to be able to get better and setup your vehicle correctly. You can't just sit in the pits and cry about your perfectly great truck not handling like your carpet racer. Take the time you have on the track and learn the track and learn your car/truck and don't worry about JOHNNY RACER. You will get better if you concentrate on how to drive and setup your car rather than trying to keep up with the 5 fastest guys.. Not trying to make you look stupid but you get on here and cry to us about it but won't do what you need to do at the track.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would like to come back this summer and race my SCT and perhaps a buggy but I'm not going to do it if it's just going to be an exercise in futility. I need to concentrate on getting the vehicle set up properly and learning the proper throttle response points and entry and apex of the corners rather than making tons of errors trying to keep up with Johnny Racer who has years of experience and the ballistic hyperspeed motor.
This is exactly what you need to do.. regardless of what other drivers are doing or what motors are being run. Just stick with it and try to have fun. I had very few wins.. or even podium finishes in my first year of racing. Like anything else, it just takes a good bit of time and practice to get better.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Okay.

Dude. I don't think you understand... The more experienced drivers are obviously going to know what to do on the track vs the new rookie drivers.. And all 4 times you went to a track last year isn't going to get you on that fast level. I'm not going to say half of whats going through my mind right now because I'm nice. But you need more practice to be able to get better and setup your vehicle correctly. You can't just sit in the pits and cry about your perfectly great truck not handling like your carpet racer. Take the time you have on the track and learn the track and learn your car/truck and don't worry about JOHNNY RACER. You will get better if you concentrate on how to drive and setup your car rather than trying to keep up with the 5 fastest guys.. Not trying to make you look stupid but you get on here and cry to us about it but won't do what you need to do at the track.
Ya, you may be nice and I am too until I get pissed. WTF? Crying? 4 Times? WTF dude? I guess because I have a JOB and RESPONSIBILITIES so couldn't make it out on Wednesdays that I'm not hard core enough for you. Perhaps I'm a pussy because I quit coming when the temperatures were in the 40s at night too, right? I hope you're in the minority in the way you feel about me. I don't really give a rat's ass about the personal opinions of me from a 14 year old. Didn't your mother teach you to respect your elders young man?

Thanks Funk, I know what you mean but patience is not one of my better virtues. I'll keep at it and persevere.

Last edited by Driver86; 01-13-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Okay.

ohhhh, snap!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ya, you may be nice and I am too until I get pissed. WTF? Crying? 4 Times? WTF dude? I guess because I have a JOB and RESPONSIBILITIES so couldn't make it out on Wednesdays that I'm not hard core enough for you. Perhaps I'm a pussy because I quit coming when the temperatures were in the 40s at night too, right? I hope you're in the minority in the way you feel about me. I don't really give a rat's ass about the personal opinions of me from a 14 year old. Didn't your mother teach you to respect your elders young man?
double snap!!!

i want to see you two fight!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2680
double snap!!!

i want to see you two fight!
Not worth it dude. Ima be like Jesus and turn the other cheek. Like he said in Matthew and Luke "Talk to da hand 'cause the face don't wanna hear it" LOL
Old 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

EDIT

I'm going to be the nice person and not say anything

Shannon, I'm 17 though.. not 14

Last edited by Quad Racer 34; 01-13-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

WOW
Old 01-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Time out

Lets try to keep emotions in check! We are on this thread and at the track to have fun because few of us can/or could make a living doing this.

Burry the hatchet and lets move on to building a great place to race along with great people to be with.

Next!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Driver 86 quote
I would like to come back this summer and race my SCT and perhaps a buggy but I'm not going to do it if it's just going to be an exercise in futility. I need to concentrate on getting the vehicle set up properly and learning the proper throttle response points and entry and apex of the corners rather than making tons of errors trying to keep up with Johnny Racer who has years of experience and the ballistic hyperspeed motor. Like I said, I'm good with 13.5T. I'll spend $20 on one of my cheap Hong-Kong jobs. I actually like your idea of limiting the tires to those particular ones as well

At anytime I would be more than happy to help get your truck dialed in. As I have mentioned before I will have nothing to hide and will share whatever setup I am running with anyone at the track. The better the racer you race against the better the racer you become!

The only reason I started the Spec class thread was to try to bring another class to the track along with getting more racers involved.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Attached Thumbnails wilmington ohio  I-71 exit 45 offroad track-referee.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.