Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
wilmington ohio  I-71 exit 45 offroad track >

wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track

wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track

Old 01-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SMZR2
Let me throw this out there!

Would anyone else be interested in starting a 10th scale SPEC truck class for the 2011 season.
I know it would be a blast and some tight racing if we would agree to limit the motor battle.
I was thinking 13.5 or 17.5 brushless for the spec motor?

I know I would be infor this class lets see what the masses have to
say!
I'm in. Sounds like fun and would be some close competition.
Is Matt going to allow ribbed tires on the front of SCT?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by currj10
geesh! i guess i'll play too..... i have all castle stuff, what motor would i need to run stock?????
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I never been to the wilmington track but if there was a spec class of 13.5 I would definately be down for it. I also have 17.5 and 10.5 for whatever is agreed upon. All I see now are the castle sct combos though and that would be closer to a 10.5.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by ronj18
I never been to the wilmington track but if there was a spec class of 13.5 I would definately be down for it. I also have 17.5 and 10.5 for whatever is agreed upon. All I see now are the castle sct combos though and that would be closer to a 10.5.
Those are closer in the range of 7.5 or 6.5 believe or not lol. Even though the KV is real low, its a 4 pole motor which gives it a lot more torque.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Carvers

Originally Posted by currj10
Considering Matt is the first person I know of that had a set and Mine showed up a day later I believe the Ribbed front tires will be no issue at the track.
He** they are even going to let them run the ribs this weekend at the big indoor January race!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default Truck it up

Waiting for Big daddy to chim in here!

I'm game for 13.5 and equal power castle system for let's say a sportsman/ spec 1/10th scale stadium truck class.

Truck it up you can pick up used T4 or other losing brands for around 100 a roller for a Full Team version. And if you don't like the truck just get a SC chassi and bumpers and u have yourself and SC10!
(About $50bucks to convert I've already priced it out!)

Any other thoughts out there on the class!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default carvers ,spec stadium truck, and schedule

yeah my track is ribbed for her pleasure lol why allow all the others and draw the line at ribbed fronts?? that all being said i really want a stock sct class to take off for the new guys or anyone wanting to have fun and rubb fenders. i think a control tire may help get this going(goosebumps) 13.5 or equiv slash, blitz,sc10,xxx-sct.let me have the suggestions?? the spec 13.5 or 10.5 stadium truck idea is awesome can t wait. only thing is i don't want to dillute our existing classes (spec sct, open sct, 2 wheel, spec stadium truck,4x4 sct was lagging behind, and don't forget nitro buggy) every body chime in let us know what y'all are thinkin the 2011 season is coming
Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'd do a spec SCT class.

Calibers at all 4 corners and and 13.5, let's do it!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default 2011

Nitro What!
Who want to mess with those Ying Yangs! LOLOL

I agree with the spec SCT class that would be a great class to include! I would hope we could get a novice class of something going to get some newbies involved. They have to start somewhere let's getting the marketing plan going BigDaddy!

I will be running SCT open or 13.5 class along with Sportsmans truck class. Who is with me jump on the band wagon and find yourself a truck cheap!

Carvers
Ribbed for her/I mean your driving pleasure that is a GOOOD one!
I have my pair and I'm not afraid to use them!
Jump on the band wagon and purchase the tire that is causing the devestation to SCT class! LOLOLO

By the way there is a guy on the Forsale side selling Chain for SCT Tires.
Matt Will you allow chains this year at your track? LOLOL They look Dialed
Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

A controlled sct class sounds good to me.. 13.5 and subcultures maybe?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Matt, with as many nitro buggys we had towards the end of last year (and hopefully like that all this year too) we should split it up to a sportsman or open, and expert.

1/8 expert buggy
1/8 open buggy (or sportsman)
1/8 truggy
Mod SCT
Spec SCT
Open 2wd Buggy
Novice
and 2wd Truck if there will be people running it.

I'm pumped and ready for outdoor already! Yes, I will be ordering the carvers
Old 01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default SCT Spec Tires

I'm all for the spec classes but have never been a big fan of spec tires.

People have different driving styles and car setup.
one setup might work for one style but might not work for another setup with that spec tire.
Take out the factor of motor and leave the setup to the racer to find the advantage.

Spec on motor yes
Tires I'm not a big fan of! If a spec SCT tire I vote enduro's
they seem to be the best that I have run on the track yet consistant and long wear life and that is what I ran two 14 laps runs with.
My 2cents worth.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Screw subcultures, box stock SCT tires should be the rule.

Maybe S1 compound Traxxas tires?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know. I like things being on equal ground for the purpose of racing against drivers instead of $$$ or equipment put into a vehicle and does anybody really want to police it? Also, if things get too crazy with having to have this or that certain motor/tire/springs/whatever then guys like me are just going to throw in the towel rather than have to go out and refit their cars and trucks with all new parts. Maybe that's just me though. I for one would like to see a basic class for each type of vehicle whether it be SCT, buggy or any other electric vehicle that follows rules similar to this:

SCT:
stock brushed motor that came with vehicle (17T for SC10, 12T for Traxxas etc...) or 17.5T brushless and any "short-course" tire which would exclude buggy tires and these ribbed ones that these guys are talking about

Buggy:
Same as above but allowing buggy tires and ribbed on the front

Stadium Truck:
Again, same as SCT but allowing for the non SCT tires.

Yes, I know it could potentially make our long summer nights even longer but if there's an "open" class and a "stock" class for each vehicle then some guys could go nuts and throw whatever they want into/on their vehicles and go all out against each other but then the more basic/novice guys like me can keep it simple and still have fun and be or at least try to be competitive. Maybe go 2 quals and a main instead of 3 and a main?

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, will probably nickel since I'm so long winded.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Driver86

SCT:
stock brushed motor that came with vehicle (17T for SC10, 12T for Traxxas etc...) or 17.5T brushless and any "short-course" tire which would exclude buggy tires and these ribbed ones that these guys are talking about

Buggy:
Same as above but allowing buggy tires and ribbed on the front
The stock motors are way to slow for the sct's now that we all have fast brushless kits. We need to do 13.5 at the minimum. I didn't like the idea of the ribbed front sct tires in the beginning but I do now, now that I have seen them. They are an SCT tire just like bar codes, subcultures, or enduros. The new carvers ARE SCT tires. They are made for the short course trucks. If it is an SCT tire they should be allowed. If there is too much controversy over the tires we all need to run a STOCK SCT tire from any of the SCT trucks made.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.