R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Northwestern CA and Southern OR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/37671-northwestern-ca-southern.html)

Java1970 04-07-2004 12:09 PM

Northwestern CA and Southern OR

Help is on the way!! Plans are in the works right now, as I type, for an indoor carpet oval and road course track. We are going to feature computer lap counting, track time rental and for the REAL novices, rental cars to "get the feel" of rc racing. We hope to finisht the "Please Mr. Bankdude, loan us some money" phase and go striaght to the "Build it, and they will come" phase. Keep watch here for more information and a website link!!!

If you live in the area described above, NOW is the time for suggestions and comments. We do not have a big place and no way to run gas, so please be realistic. We plan to start with 6-cell stock in both the 4wd TC class and the oval class, but if you have any suggestions or want to cast your vote for another class, please do so here. Thanks in advance!!!

Java1970 04-08-2004 02:39 PM

Just keeping the topic at the top of the list!! LOL Lots of lookers, no messages!!

R/C HEAT 04-10-2004 09:38 PM

How big is your building? How big will the track be? How many pit spaces are you guys going to have?

Java1970 04-10-2004 10:04 PM

If all things work out with the place we are looking at, the building will be about 4300 sqft, the track will be about 35X50 and we should be able to have about 50 pit stalls. I am waiting to hear back from a realitor about another building, but I'm not holding my breath. We also plan to have a Mini-z, Xmod, Micro RS4 tabletop track, but that has not yet made the final cut yet. Thanks for asking!!

Java1970 04-12-2004 11:09 PM

Getting closer, waiting to hear from the banks now, then it might be on to plan B. Stay Tuned!!!

Java1970 04-14-2004 11:35 PM

Originally posted by RCJohnny
How big is your building? How big will the track be? How many pit spaces are you guys going to have?
We found a bigger building and are in negotiations now for the rent. Should double the measurements as I gave above and give us a parking lot for summer nitro racing. I will keep this up to date as we go.

DOMOisCOOL 04-15-2004 06:57 AM

Are you near Eureka?

My grandparents used to own a restaurant up there.

Java1970 04-15-2004 11:16 AM

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Are you near Eureka?

My grandparents used to own a restaurant up there.

About another 80 miles north, near Oregon. What resaurant, I used to be in the wholesale produce business?

DOMOisCOOL 04-15-2004 11:32 AM

It was called The Far-East Cafe. They sold it at 1995 and moved down to SF.

The restaurant is still there.:nod:

Java1970 04-15-2004 11:42 AM

I used to deliver to them!!! They were really nice, and one of the few accounts that paid their bill on time!!LOL Damn, small world. Once the track opens, you should take a road trip, this is a really nice area.

DOMOisCOOL 04-15-2004 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Java1970
Damn, small world. Once the track opens, you should take a road trip, this is a really nice area.
WOW. Tell me about it!;)

Is there a hobby shop next to it? Im bound to break parts:lol: J/K

EDIT: Hmm...6 cell stock? Sounds good. Ill bring my Brokomo...I mean Yokomo:tire:

Java1970 04-15-2004 11:51 AM

Yes, there will be a retail shop inside, and we will have all the parts you need, unless you have some obscure car. LOL

DOMOisCOOL 04-15-2004 11:56 AM

Do you plan on having a Off Road track?

I can create a layout for you on my trackmaker:D

Java1970 04-15-2004 12:06 PM

Off road is a posibility, but we are starting small right now to keep the overhead down. If we stay at the location we are trying to get, and get permission, we might be able to do an off road track in the parking lot next to the building, would only be during the summer and outdoors. The indoor track would run all year, and we may add some removable jumps and let the off road guys slap on foams and have a run on the road course.

Cmotif 04-15-2004 07:21 PM

Cool! Wish you, your track and store the best. We could use a hobby shop in the area. I am trying to build a core group of racers and am starting an RC club in Weed, California. Our plan is to meet twice a month and race 1/10th outside or Mini-z inside depending on the weather.

Ran a club like this in Merced when I used to live there. Would love to check our your track and store when you get it. What city? Would love to take some of the guys from my club and come up there and visit. We used to go and race at Ripon, Fresno, and Speedworld. I really loved a little track in Camas Washington that specialized Mini-z and Micro cars. Tons of fun racing with others who like the same cars. I have 3 mini-z cars myself.

Are you going to have computerized timing? That is something that we won't have. Man, during the winter time, I think that there will be a few of us that will want to dust off our 1/10th scale cars and visit your track if you have that kind of racing inside.

Cmotif <><