Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
NEW TRACKS IN BETHEL CT >

NEW TRACKS IN BETHEL CT

NEW TRACKS IN BETHEL CT

Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the address.......i'll keep an eye on this forum for updates......just did real good at motorama......4th in PMT with 21 entries.......
Old 03-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cleancarz
Taco94-No size or pics yet major work parties coming up got held up due to snow.lidebt2- You can never retire from r/c racing god luck down south enjoy yourself.Bman- No its not near the old BORA track Alex how are you -The adress is 500 Whittlesey dr. in the Johnson School parking lot it is the old skate park.Greg V -Thanks I will be talking to you and Bob"IHOP" Hastings soon.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute you're converting a skate park to an Rc track???

You're my hero!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Initiate

And I did it with out a cape and mask
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So let me see if I got this here. There will be an onroad track with an oval incorporated into it. What about the offroad track? Is that a regular course with an oval, too; Or is it just a regular course. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by taco94
So let me see if I got this here. There will be an onroad track with an oval incorporated into it. What about the offroad track? Is that a regular course with an oval, too; Or is it just a regular course. Thanks.
The dirt oval and off road tracks are separate. I know when they are combined it creates problems for everyone. This whole r/c park was designed to encompass as much of the hobby/sport as possible. The on road area has temp walls so we can change from oval to on road.The paved part is easy not like trying to build an off road course and keep an area clean and smooth for the dirt oval guys.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the info.

Just a couple more questions: What days will there be racing?; What time will racing start? Thanks, Scott.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

We are looking into the other tracks race days and times so as not to have a conflict.If you or anyone else has any info that would help just post iit here and I can keep track of it. As of right now something on a Sat. morning or early afternoon for off road or a Sunday late morning.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Well, I know RCHR in Waterbury starts their programs at noon on Saturday. Pin Shop Hobbies in Oakville starts theirs between noon and 3 or so on Saturdays( weather pending since they are outdoors ). And then I heard something about Friday racing, I'm not sure. Controlfreakz in Chaplin goes on Sundays, but their racing schedule is a bit complicated. It goes something like this: one Sunday, they have their on-road race; Next sunday, they have their off-road race; Then, after that Sunday of off-road, they have a free Sunday where they don't hold racing. Then it starts over again( all of their races start near 10 AM or something, weather pending ). I'm not sure how the schedule is for RC Madness up in Enfield. They have a website you can check out, though:http://www.rcmadness.com/

If you want my advice, I'd go for Sndays, just because so many places here go for Saturday racing. Hope this helps, Scott.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks that helps alot I knew about RCHR and Pins times Control Freaks is tough to understand.We were thinking more towards Sunday because that is what they ran at Xtreme when they were around and always around 20-25 drivers. Plus we would not be trying to jam 2 different types of racing in on one night.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default on road track size ?

Hello , was wondering if the on road track you are planning is going to be large enough for 1/8 scale or is it planned as a 1/10 scale track only ? Either way it's nice to see another pavement track in the works in our state !
Old 03-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Right now 1/10th scale we are trying to get new intrest in the hobby in this area as you probably know we have not had dirt oval or off road in about 4 years and Sugar Hollow was the last paved oval thats been gone for to long I don't even know of an on road controlled environment type track around this area.So affordability is first and formost to attract new "youngblood" to the sport. Also would love to have a USVTA class as the real deals used to run Lime Rock Park only about an hour and 15 mins. from here.The size of the entire fenced area also limits track size we are working with an area that is 200'x80' the size of an ice rink. I wanted to try and cover as much of the hobby as possible and 3 1/10th scale size tracks covers that. Not to say if we had to reconfigure something for maybe 1 show that would be something we would definatly consider.Thanks for your intrest hope you can support us when we open.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Scott, Mike from Danbury Hobby here. Im getting asked at least 10 times a week when your going to be up and running. I skimmed thru to see late spring, early summer. Another big question is what classes are going to be offered for racing?? The only answer I could give was "definetly short course". Gimme a call at the shop or come in and see me most nights, or Mondays all day. Trying to promote this as much as I can, for your benefit and mine(personally). Cant wait to get racin'!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

i was an xtreme regular and i think that sundays work work fine....
Old 03-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Here is RC Madness's race sch.
Sept/March
Tuesday Nights, 7pm: Onroad Racing
Wednesday Nights Practice
Thursday Nights, 7pm: Onroad Racing
Friday Nights, 7pm: Stadium Racing
Saturdays, 6pm: Flat track Oval Racing
Sundays, Noon: Onroad Racing

April/Oct
Thursday Nights, 7pm: Onroad Racing
Saturdays, Noon: Offroad Racing (Alternate racing day for Sundays if rained out)
Sundays, Noon: Offroad Racing
Old 03-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Are you sure that is Madness' current schedule?; Since I hear the new location doesn't have an outdoor on-road.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.