Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Outdoor dirt track (5 fwy & Alicia Pkwy in Mission Viejo, CA) >

Outdoor dirt track (5 fwy & Alicia Pkwy in Mission Viejo, CA)

Outdoor dirt track (5 fwy & Alicia Pkwy in Mission Viejo, CA)

Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Outdoor dirt track (5 fwy & Alicia Pkwy in Mission Viejo, CA)

A friend and I (btw, two middle aged adults) found a great spot just off of the 5 fwy and Alicia Parkway to run our SC10 trucks. The dirt was descent to start with, but we started grading the dirt last Saturday to improve it. We made quite-a-bit of progress, but could use some more help this coming weekend. The dirt was fairly easy to work with after a week of rain. We used a steel rake to groom the outer perimeter. We also added two jumps and would like to add a rhythm section along with more jumps. I would say the area is approximately 90 x 60 feet.

Search Alicia Parkway Mission Viejo, CA on google maps and look for Aegean Park within the aerial satellite view. It's actually a creek bed with a bike trail running through it, but has a cleared section of brush that's perfect for having fun. I wouldn't call it bashing either, due to the very minimal amount of rocks, sticks and other debris that reeks havoc on our vehicles.

If anyone is willing to help prep this spot with us this weekend, please let me know so we can plan accordingly. We brought a couple of steel rakes and shovels which seemed to do the trick. I don't see rain in the forecast for this weekend (1/30 - 1/31) and would like to spend a couple of hours out there either Sat. or Sun. working on it again. Then of course, run the cars and have some fun!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone? Well, we'll be out there tomorrow (Sat. 1/30) between 10-12 in the morning.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:37 PM

Default How is the track coming along?

I'm interested in been part of what you are trying to accomplish, let me know if you need an extra set of hands, btw i run nitro do you think tha would be an issue?