Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
Thank you for the welcome. And thank you for the offer for the pick up. However during the week its difficult for me to get out in town. I do plan on heading up to the track this weekend to spectate, and just get off the base. I do have a vehicle as well.

Rob
Ok Rob, hope to see you this w/e.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thank you, going to put some fuel in my car tonight and see how its running....
Old 02-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bando711

Mike, ask Anthony about a 5B build......I think he wants to do it but is scared.
Ken, I think I will tackle this myself over the 3-day weekend. Oh, and the 5T body is not as "pristine" as the guy described it so you can have it for $100 if you want.

Mike
Old 02-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Ken, I think I will tackle this myself over the 3-day weekend. Oh, and the 5T body is not as "pristine" as the guy described it so you can have it for $100 if you want.

Mike
Sent you a PM
Old 02-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Car is running pretty good...turns out Murray is in the same barracks as me..lol...he heard me running my car out on the front lawn and came out...small world....time to swap some parts out
Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
Car is running pretty good...turns out Murray is in the same barracks as me..lol...he heard me running my car out on the front lawn and came out...small world....time to swap some parts out

Funny how RC guys come out of the woodwork when they hear the sound of Nitro. How are you fixed for spare parts? Let no know if there is something you need.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok,

Worked on the 1/10 track today, pounded down all the A Arm breakers and filled and raked a couple of mud holes.

We also have one o' those PORT O' JOHNS out there now, really nice and new. Doesn't stink yet, remember to close the lid, makes the smell go outta the vent rather than in the hot house--needs TP if you're droppin a duece. Built up a nice little walk way to with the asphalt--ha--asfault to the outhouse...ha ha

Genny fired up reeeeelly nice...unlike the 5VW

Drove from one of the tables I dragged around to the middle, not bad, but not high enough, better than grounded...drove the Slash first then the RS, dang thing was geared to hot, slipper kept slipping, got home dropped from a 22 to a 16, still hot and fast. Running a 96 spur and 16 pinion, might look for a bigger spur. Turned down my EXP to -90, still too much power with a 23T, if the slipper don't slip the belt does...
Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Jon,is this the RS that you have?

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...=en&partNo=501
Old 02-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
funny that sounds like a paulyism...

it's for 1/12 scale touring and pan

btw Paulie wot did you do with all the RTR stuff out of the vorza?

no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain no rain
Heard about the Black Diamond ESC also imported by CRC I believe. It's good, but at this years' Snowbirds (you off-roaders wouldn't no nutton bout that, he he he), Tekin ESCs ruled. The Tekin RS cost about $175, still expensive, but less than half the price of the BD, and it's faster. Probably harder to set up, but once you figure it out, it's awesome.

I'll let you know how the tuning goes with my EVO 5 MS...

As for the RTR parts of the Vorza, not sure what you mean Jon. The only thing I replaced that anyone else could use is the steering servo, which is pretty nice to begin with (metal gear, 329 oz-in Tq, etc).

Why, did you need something for a project?

Holla

- Paulie
Old 02-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Funny how RC guys come out of the woodwork when they hear the sound of Nitro. How are you fixed for spare parts? Let no know if there is something you need.
yeah it is kinda funny how that works huh? lol, same thing with cars, seeing as how I am an F body guy, same thing happens with them as well.

thank you, I am going to check out RC paradise on Saturday on my way up to the track at Courtney....as for spare parts, I do have a few. I brought another chassis with me as well as a few spare parts, a arms and what not.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

YUP, that's it, the roadie version...

Originally Posted by pgeldz
As for the RTR parts of the Vorza, not sure what you mean Jon. The only thing I replaced that anyone else could use is the steering servo, which is pretty nice to begin with (metal gear, 329 oz-in Tq, etc).

Why, did you need something for a project?
No, but could use an extra servo since it's not up to your hitech specs....
Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
YUP, that's it, the roadie version...

No, but could use an extra servo since it's not up to your hitech specs....
Hmm, I could've sworn that Jason said he wanted to buy it...can't remember though...

Oh, and it looks like Hot Bodies might be a double World Champion at the 2010 Worlds in Thailand with the D8. Top 3 qualifiers were all D8s, and one of them is a 16 year old kid!

Not bad for a $279 buggy, eh? Don't hate.

- Paulie
Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Hmm, I could've sworn that Jason said he wanted to buy it...can't remember though...

Oh, and it looks like Hot Bodies might be a double World Champion at the 2010 Worlds in Thailand with the D8. Top 3 qualifiers were all D8s, and one of them is a 16 year old kid!

Not bad for a $279 buggy, eh? Don't hate.

- Paulie

Think he ran that stock..............bet it was closer to $1279. still a good showing
Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

Think he ran that stock..............bet it was closer to $1279. still a good showing
Actually, it IS mostly stock...you can download their set ups from their site. Shows you exaclty what they are running, and there's nothing cosmic at all...

Just goes to show that you don't need a buggy that costs X amount to win...you need TALENT, and that folks is FREE. Just takes practice, and now that we have are own track, I hope to practice a lot more often.

- Paulie
Old 02-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Initiate

The only thing I replaced that anyone else could use is the steering servo, which is pretty nice to begin with (metal gear, 329 oz-in Tq, etc).- Paulie
I'm building a new crawler and I sure could put that to use, HEAVY USE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.