Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

btw Paulie how was the pingpong comp?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crymynal
Ken (or Paul/Jon/Igy)...what batteries would you recommend for the 748? I don't want the ones in the link above due to the wire coming out the side. That would be an issue. They should come out the top, right?
Most of mine are out the top, at the price of the Zippies I will dremel a slot if needed.

Jon, did you get a couple of those, how did they fit in your battery tray? You have the low profile box, do the cables still contact the edge?

These should provide plenty of power for the 80A system just not sure of the runtime of the 4000mah
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...25C_Car_Lipoly

Last edited by bando711; 02-09-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YDBD
On the 748 (Fusion) will work best with leads out of the top of the battery. It does work with wires coming out of the side, you may have to dremel some of the battery box.
Nope. No dremeling. I would prefer to buy the right batteries.

The build is going slow...Anthony what do you want in your diffs/shocks?
Whatever you have them starting with will be fine. I'll use that as a start point for tuning. Just make sure to let me know what you go with so I'm not flying blind on the first setup.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Stuff in the mail today, got something to work on. Jon, they unloaded a building full of bags while I was there this morning. Hopefully some of the stuff we are waiting for came in........1 x JCI0079JConcepts RC8e "Hi-Flow" Illuzion Body5 x OFN40024OFNA 13x16x0.2mm Differential Shims (4)1 x PAAPT42Pacer Z-42 Blue Thread Locker (0.20oz)1 x OUT20-2265-03Outerwears Performance Pre-Filter Air Filter Cover (2 3/4 Dia. x 2 1/2) (Red)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

My laptop is fine, just need to get a battery for it, I think Tim had an extra and I'll call Nmci to see if they have any.

On the 748 (Fusion) will work best with leads out of the top of the battery. It does work with wires coming out of the side, you may have to dremel some of the battery box.

The build is going slow...Anthony what do you want in your diffs/shocks?

It's Okinawa, the land of rainy and typooned weekends...that's why they made the Slash waterproof...
Wait a tic...

Anythony, you're not building the 748 yourself? First off, I didn't know you got one, and now, your leaving the build to Jon??? Are you crazy? Must be those perscription meds...HA HA HA.

Originally Posted by bando711
I was wondering which batteries you guys bought..........so I went to HobbyKing the other day to look around.

found these @ $28, they just got a big shipment in.............not sure why the big price difference.

Your order details are:
4x #Z50002S-30HC/9436 ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack variations = $112.96

Jason here is a link
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9436
Yup, those are the exact batteries I got. Out of the 8 I got, all were perfectly balanced form the factory except 1 of them. That one is defective and I need to send it back. On the two Bantam chargers I have they give the error message "over voltage", and on the two hyperion charers I have they give the error message "battery not connected". Not sure what's going on but I need to send that 1 back. Shipping cost of sending it back will probably be more than buying a new one at the new lower price.

Keep mind, the apearance of the battery can change, as mine are NOT like the picture. The wires exit out of the middle of the front. Not on top, but on the side of the battery. You will need to dremel to lay flat in the 748 battery box.

btw Paulie how was the pingpong comp?
Of course I smoked them all! Actually, we just volleyed the whole time. The owner of Koza housing came out (very old gentleman), and I volleyed with him for almost an hour. said it's the most fun/activity he's had in a long while, and now wants to get a ping pong table for his house!

These should provide plenty of power for the 80A system just not sure of the runtime of the 4000mah
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...25C_Car_Lipoly
Those batteries are perfect for the 748, 80A ESC. Super lightweight. I have a bunch of them.

- Paulie
Old 02-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Just some thoughts, we are getting a good croud of Ep 1/8 buggies. We alone can determine the length of our heats and mains. We only need larger heavier batteries if we extend the heats and mains. After we all get some run time in we should be able to come with a good number. It should be no issue running a qualifier with 4000-5000mah batteries. The mains is where we will have trouble, 15min is a good club race standard for the A-main, the lower mains tend to be shorter. Not sure if 2x 4000mah gets you to 15minutes, but it should. I would rather not run the heavy 6500's unless I have to.

I decided to get smart on the timer function on my 3PK, so now I will be able to get a real good idea of how long I can go at race speed with different size batteries.

Some of you old electric guys can help me out with the math......... If I run for 4 minutes, starting with a fully charged 5000mah, and I put 2800mah back in.......does that mean

2800 divided by 4 = 700mah per minute
5000 divided by 700 = 7.14 minutes of run time

These are not real numbers.......just some that were easy to do the math
Old 02-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yo Ken...the truck body is here. You can either buy it or I'll give it to you if you build my B5 for me.

Mike
Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Yo Ken...the truck body is here. You can either buy it or I'll give it to you if you build my B5 for me.

Mike
As much as I would like to help you out..I have no desire to build it for you. I will take the body for the $120 as stated on the other thread.

If someone else wants to build in exchange for the body..........go for it!!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some of you old electric guys can help me out with the math......... If I run for 4 minutes, starting with a fully charged 5000mah, and I put 2800mah back in.......does that mean

2800 divided by 4 = 700mah per minute
5000 divided by 700 = 7.14 minutes of run time

These are not real numbers.......just some that were easy to do the math

In math you would get an A+, probably even in physics. But for the real application, no.

Factor in the following:
Heat in the ESC, heat in the motor, heat on the lipos. In *most* instances heat is a result of resistance and the resistance may increase as temps go up as resistance goes up so does the amount of power need to provide the same performance.

C rating, even tho lipos have very little performance curve drop as they discharge, it does drop. So you will be trying to get a little more by apply more throttle than you did the last minute and so on, shortening the time...

Your driving, as you warm up your driving may get better or worse, either way you may be using more or less power as time goes on and by far not a math problem we want to deal with.

In short, as you drive the power available becomes less and less and burning up 700 mah for the 1st minute does not mean you will burn 700 mah in the last minute.

Best thing is to drive until cut off and time it. I like a 2-3 minute cushion. So if I get 7 minutes out of a 4000mah, I'd use that in a 5 minute race. I don't want to be on that last lap and cut out and I don't want to put only 800mah in a 3700mah battery every time. (racing at siro yomitan)....
Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pgeldz
Wait a tic...

Anythony, you're not building the 748 yourself? First off, I didn't know you got one, and now, your leaving the build to Jon??? Are you crazy? Must be those perscription meds...HA HA HA.
Nope, Jon is not building it for me. His students are. I am taking a ride on the bandwagon and picking up one of the buggies from the Team Driver himself.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Regular

THE BANDWAGON IS GETTING FULL

Caster rules .................and Vorza drools

Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nope. No dremeling. I would prefer to buy the right batteries.
PAULYISMs, coming out of every crack nowadays
Old 02-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Murdadock
HaHaHa.....My turn to take the jokes now?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody remember the guys name from camp services? I'm thinking it would be nice to get the truck back over to the track for the long w/e. somebody has got to know somebody we can call.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

Nope, Jon is not building it for me. His students are. I am taking a ride on the bandwagon and picking up one of the buggies from the Team Driver himself.
Ah, the students are building it...well then, it should last a whole race (vs a few laps if Jon built it)!

HA HA. Kidding Jon.

THE BANDWAGON IS GETTING FULL

Caster rules .................and Vorza drools

LOL! We'll see who'll be doing the drooling...he he he.

Originally Posted by Murdadock
Ya see? I'm rubbing off on you guys. Don't hate.

LOL!

- Paulie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.