R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/359305-hill-camp-courtney-rc-park-okinawa-japan.html)

Murdadock 04-27-2010 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by bando711 (Post 7325382)
Not much chatter going on here........ everyone getting scared about the race Sunday?:tire::eek::tire:

Who all is going to show up?

Me. Got my new bat trees in, gonna give em a whirl. Last time I showed up to a race with new batteries, I got 3 laps in and found out that it had bad cells.

bando711 04-27-2010 04:41 AM

Don't wait till the last minute to check them out. Cycle them a couple of times and then balance, keep an eye on each cell voltage. If they cycle good they will be fine.

YDBD 04-27-2010 04:02 PM

Dropping genny off today at the track and I'll be there tomorrow.

I will be working on things that need to be done:
timing wire
staking down hose
putting up some 2x4s on the stand for a shade tarp (anyone got a 16x16 tarp?) if it's not windy on Sunday

I was thinking of cleaning out pit rows rocks, but maybe it'll keep guys slow...ha!

YDBD 04-27-2010 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by crymynal (Post 7299565)
RULES:

SC truck 2wd brushed (4 minute qual, 6 minute mains)---Brushed motor (does it matter), SC tires, chassis, and body

monster truck (4 minute qual 5 minute mains)---Center Transmission, any motor, any tire

truggy (5 minute qual 8 minute mains)---Flat chassis, Center Diff, any motor, any tire

1/8 buggy (5 minute qual 8 minute mains)---any motor, any tire

Anything else we need to add?

Reverse lockout?

igyrigged 04-27-2010 04:21 PM

Jon, I would fill in the divits in the corners before I cleaned up rocks in the pit lane. I will probably be working on divits friday after work, if you haven't.

So, I quess Luke will be racing himself in the truggy class. If you can only run 2 classes most everyone else will be running buggy and sct.

igyrigged 04-27-2010 04:53 PM

Kenji told me last night that all the Japanese guys that are gonna race are gonna meet him at Lawson Sun morning and all come to the gate together.

Mr. Bojangles 04-27-2010 04:56 PM

i'm excited for you guys to get to be able to have your first race! Wish I could be there to beat all you old men.

YDBD 04-27-2010 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by igyrigged (Post 7328485)
So, I quess Luke will be racing himself in the truggy class. If you can only run 2 classes most everyone else will be running buggy and sct.

Really? I'd figure you, Kenji and Nik and two other guys that were there last week with truggy's...

I would be in with the truggy, but mine just got put in the mail today and I don't have the power plant yet...

I don't think we should stick to the rules that tight, but what may happen is that most guys will race then marshall, but if they do three they won't be able to marshall.

bando711 04-27-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by YDBD (Post 7328781)
Really? I'd figure you, Kenji and Nik and two other guys that were there last week with truggy's...

I would be in with the truggy, but mine just got put in the mail today and I don't have the power plant yet...

I don't think we should stick to the rules that tight, but what may happen is that most guys will race then marshall, but if they do three they won't be able to marshall.

Reverse lockout keeps coming up........for now just run what you brung??

Iggy, you provide the truggy I will run that class instead of SCT:tire::weird::tire:

YDBD 04-27-2010 08:03 PM

I like reverse, so I'm biased...

igyrigged 04-27-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by YDBD (Post 7328781)

Kenji and Nick want to run 3 but since they can only run 2 it will be buggy and SCT because there are more people.

The 2 guys from last week can't get them started.

I'll probably run truggy with Luke, and just ask someone to top off and drop us for the start.

igyrigged 04-27-2010 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by bando711 (Post 7329273)
Iggy, you provide the truggy I will run that class instead of SCT:tire::weird::tire:

If I didn't use the stick controller I would let you drive mine.

YDBD 04-27-2010 10:07 PM

Tell Kenji and Nik to bring their truggies anyway. I think the truggy race will be the best...(cuz I'm not in it) {yeah I beat you all at that one:D}

Got a PM from KO Propo, about mounting the transponders on the edge, said it may block the signal.

Asked him what the radiation signal looks like, waiting for answer... I'm thinking most may come from the top that has the post, so if we flipped them over we'd get a better signal.....thoughts?:confused:

Anyone ask at the endurance race for more transponder crystals?

crymynal 04-28-2010 02:57 AM

Run What You Brung! We will throw you in a class! Reverse is fine. This is suppose to be a fun race to get bugs worked out and to get the word out that we will start up a race schedule. This was not suppose to be an all out race with entry fees and prizes, unless I missed that part.

Ko Transponders have an antenna inside them, they are not like the AMB's that have to have the tip pointed up or down. Did you see the internals of the one that was fried?

mr240 04-28-2010 09:28 AM

Just got orders to Okinawa. Didn't think there was an RC scene there. Thought I would have to put my cars in storage or sell them. I guess I have to take them with me.