Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan >

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Old 02-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgeldz
Hmm, I could've sworn that Jason said he wanted to buy it...can't remember though...

- Paulie
nah, it was the Firestorm Flux. Which I love so much more with the 23T motor. I have no idea what provoked HPI to put a 5700kv in that chassis. Fast is fun but even more fun is your nose staying on the ground long enough to steer. + the drivetrain really isn't strong enough to hold up to the 5700kv + lipo combo when driven by a noob.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I got dibs on the servo...paulie you bringin it to the track this weekend so i can get that or what
Old 02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually, it IS mostly stock...you can download their set ups from their site. Shows you exaclty what they are running, and there's nothing cosmic at all...

Just goes to show that you don't need a buggy that costs X amount to win...you need TALENT, and that folks is FREE. Just takes practice, and now that we have are own track, I hope to practice a lot more often.

- Paulie
dunno, most a running a lightened chassis ($100) proline tires and foams w/custom cuts ($120) lightned and tuned diffs (sounds cosmic to me)($??) lightened shock tower (hara..can you even buy those?) so much for a IS mostly stock. If you want to run stock, it's gotta be an RTR out of the box, if it's a kit it ain't stock and of all people Paulie should know that his "stock" builds are incredible and built to Geldziler perfection as well as any pro's car.

It also doesn't mean that I can drive Ty's, Atsushi's or Tebo's car like they can. THEY can probably pick up my car and drive it better than any of us. I was reading somewhere that even those guys can't or won't drive each others cars because the cars are tuned to the driver, by the driver or pit guy.

The best thing is that we can all share our tuning or de tuning and apply it across the board at the track or on the forum so we all have fun regardless what car, buggy, truggy or POS it is.

Wow--servos are the hot item right now...
Old 02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 450xguy
I got dibs on the servo...paulie you bringin it to the track this weekend so i can get that or what
Ahh, that's right, it was Sean that wanted it, not Jason. I might have got my eye fixed while in Hawaii, but it did nothingfor my memory

Originally Posted by YDBD
dunno, most a running a lightened chassis ($100) proline tires and foams w/custom cuts ($120) lightned and tuned diffs (sounds cosmic to me)($??) lightened shock tower (hara..can you even buy those?) so much for a IS mostly stock. If you want to run stock, it's gotta be an RTR out of the box, if it's a kit it ain't stock and of all people Paulie should know that his "stock" builds are incredible and built to Geldziler perfection as well as any pro's car.

It also doesn't mean that I can drive Ty's, Atsushi's or Tebo's car like they can. THEY can probably pick up my car and drive it better than any of us. I was reading somewhere that even those guys can't or won't drive each others cars because the cars are tuned to the driver, by the driver or pit guy.

The best thing is that we can all share our tuning or de tuning and apply it across the board at the track or on the forum so we all have fun regardless what car, buggy, truggy or POS it is.

Wow--servos are the hot item right now...
I really don't consider a lightened chassis, tires (which don't even come with the kit), and "diff tuning" to be cosmic. All of which are available to the general public to purchase. Even if he was using those parts you mentioned, it's still no where near the $1295 that Ken mentioned. At the '08 Worlds, Ty and Robbers used a BONE STOCK D8, and they finished very high on the podium. This year, they are both in the Top 3, with very much stock cars.

My point is there is no reason to pay 500+ for a 8th scale buggy to be competitive. The only thing you need, is PRACTICE. If you loose, it's not because of someone's equipment, (because it's all available to the public and why I said nothing was "cosmic" about their gear). People loose because of someone's talent (either in driver skill, or build quality of a kit which makes the car perform better).

Someone once told me, "Practice makes perfect", then they retracted that statement and said, "...actually, perfect practice makes perfect".

One more thing about cost. Kyosho is the only company that I believe can justify it's high prices. Why you ask? It's not because the car performs better (haven't seen the MP9 on the leaderboards at all since it came out, but it's the most expensive buggy out there). It's because Kyosho is very proud and decided to have everything made in Japan, and as we all know, production costs in Japan are way higher than China, so they have to pass that on to consumers.

But for all the other companies that have their stuff made in China, paying 500+ for a kit is absurd, and that was the original intent of my first post.

- Paulie

Last edited by pgeldz; 02-11-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Actually, it IS mostly stock...you can download their set ups from their site. Shows you exaclty what they are running, and there's nothing cosmic at all...

- Paulie
The HB Ve8 is based on the D8 and Bob Stormer said they are just flying off the shelves and he can't keep up with the demand. Is composite chassis the way to go for BL 1/8 buggies?

Mike
Old 02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Ty runs a lightened chassis...since 08...not bone stock

But no buggy runs out of the box for 279...needs the motor, electronics, pipe etc. that complete the system which would end up being about 1279...how much was the that Go Mods seven port? and the pipe?

To me lightened chassis are cosmic if not at least an engineering feat as well as lightened and tuned diffs (especially diff as you take a molded piece of steel and mill spiral bevel gears to .01 mm tolerances) not everybody can get this done or buy it from Amain or Tower...
Old 02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

When I stated a price of $1295, I meant that included everything.
Motor, clutch, servos, receiver,tires,.........it all adds up. I still contend no one on the top of that leader board has less than a grand in their buggy. I did agrree the base price was impressive @ around $295
Old 02-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Anybody checked the weather forecast for Saturday...........looking good for a dry day. I will be in-place by 0900
Old 02-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Addict

You just don't give up, do you Jon. Why must you go tit for tat over everything I post. Let me clear this up for you (again).

Ty runs a lightened chassis...since 08...not bone stock
I said he used a BONE STOCK car at the '08 Worlds, repeat, '08 worlds. He even posted this in the D8 thread. They also say the lightened chassis is used as a tuning aid, depending on what track they are on, and this chassis is not a protoytype and available to the public for anyone to purchase.

But no buggy runs out of the box for 279.
No one is arguing this. Of course everything else adds up, duh. Assuming all the other stuff to make it run is the same price, even super high priced, then again, it comes down to the kit price, which at $279 is the lowest you'll find for a modern competitive 8th scale buggy.

How much was the that Go Mods seven port? and the pipe?
It's a 3 port, and it was $200. The pipe is a Dynamite 086, and it was $42. I dare you to find a more potent combo for less $$$. Still that's not the point of my orignal post anyway, so not sure why you brought that up.

To me lightened chassis are cosmic if not at least an engineering feat as well as lightened and tuned diffs (especially diff as you take a molded piece of steel and mill spiral bevel gears to .01 mm tolerances) not everybody can get this done or buy it from Amain or Tower...
Not everyone is racing at the WORLD's either Jon. How about we compare apples to apples, eh?

You don't think other pro racers aren't balancing/mesuring tolerances with their gear also?

My point is that they didn't take a $279 buggy, and throw thousands of dollars at it to make it competitive which is what you keep implying, and that's simply NOT the case.

So for the average person (like us) wanting to get into competitive 8th scale buggies, there is no need to for a 500+ kit. That principal still stands.

Originally Posted by raycerZ
The HB Ve8 is based on the D8 and Bob Stormer said they are just flying off the shelves and he can't keep up with the demand. Is composite chassis the way to go for BL 1/8 buggies?

Mike
Mike, the Ve8 has a known issue with chassis breakage, but they are revising it and coming out with a new one to address that situation. There is a member on this board who has one, and his chassis cracked in the problem area. It's a minor problem that's preventable with some good build techniques (epoxy in strategic areas), but they are addressing it. I believe there are 2 companies that are coming out with a narrow aluminum chassis as well.

As a testiment to my previous discussion with Jon above, the reason they are flying off the shelves is because they are highly competitive, and cost $259 at Stormer. Again, no need to pay big dollars for the same (or better) performance.

- Paulie
Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

wow. golly beav.

Last edited by YDBD; 02-12-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Paulie, I'm just joshin ya...I don't even do nitro (yet)...I think its a good price for the chassis.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

There is a lot of blah blah going on. Somebody talk about something awesome. Did anyone buy the 4X4 slash?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

uh, the slash 4x4 is not awesome...it's a monster truck with out the monster part.

weather looking promising for tomorrow...
Old 02-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Murdadock
There is a lot of blah blah going on. Somebody talk about something awesome. Did anyone buy the 4X4 slash?
Actually, Jon and I were laughing about it on the phone. I guess we're going back and forth because we have nothing better R/C related to do with this crappy weather! LOL!

I wanted a Slash 4x4 at one point, but I decided to pass. They have some "teething" issues that I'd want to get ironed out before I picked one up. Nothing too bad, but for what I wanted to do with it (think extreme 6s power), I'd need to make triple sure the car is bullet proof, or should I say, Paulie proof, he he he.

I don't even do nitro (yet).
Yet??? You are actually considering nitro? OMG!!! I think hell actually just froze over.

- Paulie
Old 02-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Yet??? You are actually considering nitro? OMG!!! I think hell actually just froze over.

- Paulie
Dudes got the bug bad........wait till he goes home with his first Nitro headache.........and then what Geri and I call the "Nitro Hangover" the next day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.