R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/359305-hill-camp-courtney-rc-park-okinawa-japan.html)

mgillooly 08-27-2012 02:36 PM

Not sure if you all use lipo, but with the new ban with USPS not shipping them, how do you all get them here?

igyrigged 08-27-2012 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by mgillooly (Post 11142464)
Not sure if you all use lipo, but with the new ban with USPS not shipping them, how do you all get them here?

We get them shipped from the hobbyking international wharehouse(hong kong), to our local Japanese addresses. Shipping is a little expensive, but the batteries are really cheap. I like the turnigy nanotech batteries, but you have to be careful on the sizes.

mgillooly 08-27-2012 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by igyrigged (Post 11142648)
We get them shipped from the hobbyking international wharehouse(hong kong), to our local Japanese addresses. Shipping is a little expensive, but the batteries are really cheap. I like the turnigy nanotech batteries, but you have to be careful on the sizes.

I didnt really think of that. I live off base, so I could have them delivered to my door step? Bypass the USPS all together? I just select Japan as the country and then input my address, how does it arrive, in the mail box/ on the steps or does some one have to be here to sign for it or anything?

igyrigged 08-27-2012 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mgillooly (Post 11142739)
I didnt really think of that. I live off base, so I could have them delivered to my door step? Bypass the USPS all together? I just select Japan as the country and then input my address, how does it arrive, in the mail box/ on the steps or does some one have to be here to sign for it or anything?

Sign for it, but you can usually pick a block of a couple of hrs as the delivery time. If you aren't there, they leave a slip with a phone # to call.

mgillooly 08-27-2012 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by igyrigged (Post 11142877)
Sign for it, but you can usually pick a block of a couple of hrs as the delivery time. If you aren't there, they leave a slip with a phone # to call.

I dont speak any japanese, will the phone number go to a japanese speaking only person? Like at a Japanese post office?

igyrigged 08-27-2012 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mgillooly (Post 11143534)
I dont speak any japanese, will the phone number go to a japanese speaking only person? Like at a Japanese post office?

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english...ery/index.html

mgillooly 08-27-2012 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by igyrigged (Post 11144391)

Thank you that is quite helpful. I just want to make sure I get this right so I dont have mail get lost. Would this be the correct way to fill in the address? Hope this pic loads correctly

crymynal 08-28-2012 03:49 AM

Yep....that is the way to input the address.

You have to use EMS if you go above a certain mah total capacity. I usually have things sent from Hobby King using EMS anyway for the tracking. If you call the number on the card, most of the time someone speaks enough English to figure it out.

I didn't use EMS for my sailboat and may regret it shortly.

mgillooly 08-28-2012 04:12 AM

Thank you, I wasnt sure on exactly what was the state and city and all. That is pretty excellent now I can get some 3s for my inferno gt that I converted to a mamba monster. Thing should go pretty darn fast.

raycerZ 08-28-2012 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by mgillooly (Post 11144931)
Thank you, I wasnt sure on exactly what was the state and city and all. That is pretty excellent now I can get some 3s for my inferno gt that I converted to a mamba monster. Thing should go pretty darn fast.

Why not get a 4S? That's what I run on my Caster Fusion. The Turnigy hardshell 5.0 is only $22.

igyrigged 08-28-2012 05:37 AM

Race Sunday 9/2 at Courtney. Went by today, and the stand moved about 6 inches. The grass on the track needs weedeating.

crymynal 08-28-2012 06:01 AM

Buddy Codes for Hobby King. Good until Sept 5th.

mgillooly 08-28-2012 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by raycerZ (Post 11145037)
Why not get a 4S? That's what I run on my Caster Fusion. The Turnigy hardshell 5.0 is only $22.

Hmm interesting. I was going to buy 4 3s, as the mamba monster can handle 6s total. Then I could use 6s in the inferno, and 3 in the slash and crawlers.

mgillooly 08-28-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by crymynal (Post 11145196)
Buddy Codes for Hobby King. Good until Sept 5th.

Im getting access denied only members with sufficient permissions may access this page. Im logged in to the HK forum, and the site so not sure why. Thank you tho.

JDMac65 08-30-2012 03:22 AM

I'm off tomorrow, should be able to get a good portion of the weed-eating accomplished.