R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   New Riverside, CA. Track (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/35005-new-riverside-ca-track.html)

ChrisCrash 03-04-2004 05:21 PM

New Riverside, CA. Track

Well the day is drawing closer! For those who don't know, Titus Hobbies & Raceway is scheduled to open it's doors April 1st. This weekend we will be doing some major work and are looking for both skilled and non-skilled labor. Since we are a new business, we need to keep cost down, so we are offering track credit as payment.
None skilled labor will recieve $7 per hour, and skilled labor will be negotiated at the site.
Payment willl come in the form of track bucks, which can be used for payment of both practice and race fees.
If your interested, just show up, Friday 8-4pm, Saturday 8-5pm, or Sunday 10-3pm and we'll put you to work.

This weekend we will be tearing out partition walls, and framing the new track. Next weekend we will be bringing in the dirt, and building the pit tables...
Try to bring your own tools if possible if your skilled labor, as we only have so much equipment. We have tools for about 6 none-skilled labors to demolition the walls, other wise, bring a sledge hammer or flat bar!

Those who help out will also be immortalized in a " I built Titus Hobbies Raceway photo" that will be displayed in the shop!

Need more info, contact Chris @ 909-738-0774

shop addresss is
1600 Chicago ave. R-15
Riverside, CA. 92507
909-276-8255

Map is available on website.

ChrisCrash 03-06-2004 05:57 AM

TTT

Well the day is drawing closer! For those who don't know, Titus Hobbies & Raceway is scheduled to open it's doors April 1st. This weekend we will be doing some major work and are looking for both skilled and non-skilled labor. Since we are a new business, we need to keep cost down, so we are offering track credit as payment.
None skilled labor will recieve $7 per hour, and skilled labor will be negotiated at the site.
Payment willl come in the form of track bucks, which can be used for payment of both practice and race fees.
If your interested, just show up, Friday 8-4pm, Saturday 8-5pm, or Sunday 10-3pm and we'll put you to work.

This weekend we will be tearing out partition walls, and framing the new track. Next weekend we will be bringing in the dirt, and building the pit tables...
Try to bring your own tools if possible if your skilled labor, as we only have so much equipment. We have tools for about 6 none-skilled labors to demolition the walls, other wise, bring a sledge hammer or flat bar!

Those who help out will also be immortalized in a " I built Titus Hobbies Raceway photo" that will be displayed in the shop!

Need more info, contact Chris @ 909-738-0774

shop addresss is
1600 Chicago ave. R-15
Riverside, CA. 92507
909-276-8255

Map is available on website.

Charlie O 03-08-2004 07:24 PM

Hey Chris, do you need help on the 20th? junior is really good at breaking walls!:nod: i can handle a hammer or saw etc. let me know:) Charlie Osterday Jr & Sr

wild gopher 03-09-2004 05:03 PM

is this offroad track going to be for electrics only or is nitro going to fly?

Ron C. 03-09-2004 07:16 PM

Just droppin by

Hi guys,

Just droppin by this new thread for the new track.
Always nice to have another track close to home.. :)

ChrisCrash 03-10-2004 08:51 PM

News!!

20th? Charlie we busted those walls last weekend, 40 cubic yards worth! Most of the framing is done, plumbing being done Thursday, looks funny with toilets inside the track! Dirt, scratch that... Clay coming Friday! Will have new pic's on the website this weekend. construction is going well, had to make a few changes, but it created something awesome! Not going to tell what it is until we find out for sure it will work. stay tuned

p.s. Gas on-road outside only, tested nitro inside, wow, way to loud do to good insulation! It's all good though, I wouldn't want to cut into extremes action... So get those electrics ready! We are going to try and open the doors for testing NEXT weekend on Sunday...........................................: nod:

Randy Caster 03-11-2004 02:47 PM

Glad to hear everything is coming along well Chris. Cant wait to see how the track turns out, I might have to pick up a buggy to run up there.

wangcc61 03-15-2004 07:36 PM

Cool...

I'm glad to hear that a new track is going to be opened and it is near my place.... hehe....:D

alexstjo 03-25-2004 02:42 PM

any 1/8th scale on road nitro racing????

ChrisCrash 03-26-2004 09:16 PM

Good Suggestion

Alex, we'd love to do 1/8th, we have room for a 236 foot straight! However, running that class would require a major track build and prep every week! I will say this though, If a group of guys is willing to run such a race program at our location, I am sure we could work something out. Our current plan is a 1/10th track. So if you have a crew call me or Shawn at the track this weekend. As for the track, video of the current build should be done uploading in the next hour, and will be in the VIDEO section of the webpage...

alexstjo 03-27-2004 09:47 AM

THEN LETS DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would have one of the largest tracks!!

I know we can get a couple of people togeather to help. Myself and my dad could help.

If you have that much room why not build a 1/10 and 1/8 track in one?

There are no 1/8th scale tracks in San Diego and only a few in LA. You could charge more per race.

ChrisCrash 03-31-2004 01:16 AM

Construction Delay

Sorry but an unexpected construction delay will push the opening day for Titus Hobbies and Raceway to April 8th, Sorry for the delay!!!
Don't worry, it's not the actual track, that's done, and turned out GREAT!!!!!!

Ron C. 03-31-2004 07:39 AM

Re: Construction Delay

Originally posted by ChrisCrash
Sorry but an unexpected construction delay will push the opening day for Titus Hobbies and Raceway to April 8th, Sorry for the delay!!!
Don't worry, it's not the actual track, that's done, and turned out GREAT!!!!!!

Hi Chris,

When you guys have updated pictures of the track and all,
please post some here.

Cant wait to run with you guys there. If, by any chance, the
track will end up running the 1/8th class too, please count
me in.

Thanks

ChrisCrash 03-31-2004 03:01 PM

New post

I will post new photo's tonight...

R/C HEAT 04-01-2004 09:42 PM

COOL! Cant wait to see the pics! The video looked good Chris!