Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
New Indoor carpet track in Chino CA, San bernardino, IE >

New Indoor carpet track in Chino CA, San bernardino, IE

New Indoor carpet track in Chino CA, San bernardino, IE

Reply

Old 11-28-2009, 08:39 PM
  #16  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,114
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Spring..what are the dimensions of your track? TIA.

CB
The track size will be 90'X45'.

I raced at Toys 4 Tots last year and I had a great time.

I'd like to race again!!!

Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 PM
  #17  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
charlie_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,852
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spring71 View Post
The track size will be 90'X45'.

I raced at Toys 4 Tots last year and I had a great time.

I'd like to race again!!!

Thanks.
You are more than welcome to join us again..2 days worth this time! Your carpet track sounds great. I will be checking it out ounce it is up and running.
charlie_b is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
  #18  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Syber Serulean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Riverside
Posts: 3,664
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

this will definately be worth checking out
Syber Serulean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
  #19  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
GTRtuned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The reason why OCRC's track was bumpy is because they layed it on top of plywood and 2x4. When I was watching them build the IIC track in Vegas, they glued the carpet down on particle wood which is super flat. I don't think it was high density either. You should also talk to CRC because they make nice road rails and good carpet. Also call Scotty over at trackside and he'll tell you how they did the IIC track. Get it built and we'll race there...Just hope you can run races on Sunday since West Coast runs on Saturday.

Originally Posted by timmig View Post
Carpet is the best--- you might get some advice on what carpet and how to lay it. The OCRC track did a VERY POOR job of putting in carpet--and now are taking it out because no one liked to run on it--so they had poor turnouts.
FYI
Tim
GTRtuned is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:26 AM
  #20  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,114
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GTRtuned View Post
The reason why OCRC's track was bumpy is because they layed it on top of plywood and 2x4. When I was watching them build the IIC track in Vegas, they glued the carpet down on particle wood which is super flat. I don't think it was high density either. You should also talk to CRC because they make nice road rails and good carpet. Also call Scotty over at trackside and he'll tell you how they did the IIC track. Get it built and we'll race there...Just hope you can run races on Sunday since West Coast runs on Saturday.
Thanks for your advice. I'll call CRC for the information.

I will make the best carpet track for the racers. Any advice or comment about the track build, please leave a reply.

Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:18 PM
  #21  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,921
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spring71 View Post
Thanks for your advice. I'll call CRC for the information.

I will make the best carpet track for the racers. Any advice or comment about the track build, please leave a reply.

Thanks.
when do you estimate the track will be open?
Hebiki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:03 PM
  #22  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,114
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
when do you estimate the track will be open?
I estimate the track will be open in the beginng of January 2010.

Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:17 PM
  #23  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,114
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I've been so busy this week. Too many things to do and buy.

We finished the sub flooring and started building the driver stand.

Here is the picture.



The picture was taken on Wednesday. Now it's done.

I'm waiting for the racing carpet.

I'll post the updates and pictures.

Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:28 PM
  #24  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
mugler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,210
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Coming together nicely looking forward to seeing the updated pics.

Being that it's carpet it would be cool if a micro class with foam tires were to develop on top of all the regular classes...talking about Xray M18 in particular, they're having a blast in east coast with those.
mugler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:43 PM
  #25  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Syber Serulean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Riverside
Posts: 3,664
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

any chance you can bump the width up? 45ft is kinda small. Thats less wide than speedtech's track and speedtech's track is small! Probably 90x60 would work nicely or 100 x 60. You probably want a fair amount of pit space but if the track is too small you wont get many customers and thus wasted pit space you know? Just some friendly tips, cant wait for this to be ready to go!
Syber Serulean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM
  #26  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,114
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
any chance you can bump the width up? 45ft is kinda small. Thats less wide than speedtech's track and speedtech's track is small! Probably 90x60 would work nicely or 100 x 60. You probably want a fair amount of pit space but if the track is too small you wont get many customers and thus wasted pit space you know? Just some friendly tips, cant wait for this to be ready to go!
Thanks for your advice.

I know the bigger is better, but 90X45 is the biggest I can get.

Please come and check. I'll let you know when.

Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:52 PM
  #27  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,114
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Here are some pictures.





Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:39 PM
  #28  
Tech Fanatic
 
CHRIS CHAVEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Weekend Warrior
Posts: 962
Default

looking real good!
CHRIS CHAVEZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:15 PM
  #29  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Syber Serulean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Riverside
Posts: 3,664
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

that looks wider than 45...you sure its only 45'? coming along nicely but why is 45' as wide as you can make it? or is that really all that building allows?
Syber Serulean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
  #30  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,114
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
that looks wider than 45...you sure its only 45'? coming along nicely but why is 45' as wide as you can make it? or is that really all that building allows?
Yes, it's because of the structure of the building.

Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service