Wiki Posts
Search

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

Originally Posted by hoovdog
Glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you up there again. Very nice turnout and keeps growing.

Wednesdays will be happening but we are not going to necessarily call them races. It's more of an open night. Bring anything to practice, tune, hangout, or if we feel like running some heats then we will. We also want to make sure people know it's NOT only for short course. Price will be less than normal race days...I believe $5 was mentioned but don't hold me to that. I'm sure Doug will post details regarding this soon.
Yes Wednesdays are a go!!!

They will be like Brett was saying, it will be an open night for everyone Nitros and Electrics all classes.

We will have the lap counting system set up so we can do lap times and run different heats.

Cost for Wednesday nights will be $5.00

We will be open from 5:00 to around 9:00

There is no set time you need to be there just come when you can.

If anyone has any questions just email or call me.

We are planning on starting this Wednesday 7/14/10

Doug
Old 07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a suggestion that I just thought of:

Sometimes us nitro guys have trouble getting engines started and when we do get them started, they load up while idling on the grid waiting for others.

A ~5min race countdown or "warmup session" could solve both of these problems. Dedicating time for everyone to get their vehicles running, make last minute engine tune adjustments and check their transponders before the race will insure that the race starts on time.

I see this working as follows:
Slash race ends
Doug announces "X minutes to nitro race" and during this time:
Racers start vehicles and warm up on either the track or pitramp/ startbox
Transponders are checked
Track marshals and pit workers take positions
Drivers take stand
Fuel is topped off
Grid positions are called out (if necessary)
"End of warmup"
Drivers go to grid in order
Nitro main starts

I'm just throwing this out there are a suggestion, and I'd like to hear what the club thinks; I was rather pleased with how each race went off one right after another this weekend. It's nice to see when things go so smoothly, and having an 'official' proceedure may help to streamline the process.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Doug, I can't remember exactly what you had in stock for a 5000mah NIMH battery with the traxxas connector. I need something that will hold out one more minute in the main before dying on me If you could, weather permitting, bring one of those along on Wednesday night? Do you take personal checks? I will be joining the club as well.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Copy and pasted to our distribution list Scott. Not everyone that goes to the track visits this forum so I will be sending an email very soon. We will be able to keep discussions/suggestions better communicated.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerkyb2k3
Hey Doug, I can't remember exactly what you had in stock for a 5000mah NIMH battery with the traxxas connector. I need something that will hold out one more minute in the main before dying on me If you could, weather permitting, bring one of those along on Wednesday night? Do you take personal checks? I will be joining the club as well.
Wish you would have mentioned your runtime concern for the main. I would have let you run one of my 2S 5200's.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 7-11-2010

Set #1
Attached Thumbnails ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3051.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3067.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3070.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3080.jpg  
Old 07-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 7-11-2010

Set #2
Attached Thumbnails ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3087.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3115.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3123.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3124.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3131.jpg  

Old 07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 7/11/10

Set #3
Attached Thumbnails ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3159.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3182.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3201.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3214.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3293.jpg  

Old 07-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 7-11-2010

Set #4
Attached Thumbnails ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3404.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3421.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3431.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3448.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-img_3210.jpg  

Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice pics dear!

There are ALOT of them to go through so more to come.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoovdog
Wish you would have mentioned your runtime concern for the main. I would have let you run one of my 2S 5200's.

I appreciate that, but I never once thought making a full 10 minutes would be a problem. It's all good though, it's a learning curve and I now know that I can't make it. It did last 9 minutes though! No lie, as soon as Doug hollered out "ONE MINUTE TO GO" my truck started to slow halfway through my lap, and I was barely able to limp it back to the pit area. Still a riot though, and I will be back for more.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Few more images:
Attached Thumbnails ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-group-stand.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-brett-e-revo.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-daryl-sc.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-curtis-sc.jpg  
Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

And another couple......
Attached Thumbnails ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-brett-e-revo-jump.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-slash-jump.jpg  
Old 07-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

Excellent pictures Helen!!!!!

Thank you for taking them and posting them for us all to see!!!!

Doug
Old 07-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jerkyb2k3
Hey Zach,

I have a 4500MAH I will bring up. Alot of my batteries are on backorder right now.

I would suggest getting a couple 2s lipos I have several of them in stock. They are going to give a whole lot more performance and run time.

I will have the membership cards also.

Yes I take personal checks.

See you Wednesday.

Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.