Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i might have a strike coming my way.although i do agree with regal about the cvd.the stock ones suck badly.i need to score another rx to.
who sells the airtronics 2.4 rx?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default yeah i know

Originally Posted by rexblue
2s 7.4v lipos are listed under batteries for the guidlines posted.
thanx, i think i was reading it wrong, was looking at it as "no 7 cells-or 2s lipos"

which is what it says, but not how it was ment lol

got it now, i love the rules!!

i pretty much have one thing on my Christmas rules wish list, LET US RUN 3 CELL LIPOS IN THE 4X4 SLASH !! lol
Old 10-27-2009, 08:22 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

fun as always 2nite, all things considered.

plus-car is much better 2nite, much much better

minus-well i know now that i can change a b4 chassis and front bulkhead in under 1hr w/o a screwgun :/

R
Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccar306109
I cant wait to come down and run offroad in the slash class. I usally run dirt oval but this will be my first time running offroad at bumps. wish I could come a lot but I'm driving from the Scranton area and its quite a drive to go every week. Cant wait to run offroad! it looks like a lot of fun.

Does chris have any slash bodys in stock? Also a new Titan motor? Mine body all beat up.

Yeah im driving from the Scranton area as well..... but I am going to make it there as much as I can. Let me know as time progresses maybe we can carpool.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I like those rules! please don't screw up them like another local track tried and lost almost all the people and never recoverd from all the S%&T going on this is suposed to be a cheep fun class if you add this and that is then would be mod truck with a cheeper kit the fun would be all gone just my 2 cents
Old 10-28-2009, 06:45 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
fun as always 2nite, all things considered.

plus-car is much better 2nite, much much better

minus-well i know now that i can change a b4 chassis and front bulkhead in under 1hr w/o a screwgun :/

R
I like using the screw gun as it just saves a little time and no arm pump. Your car did look good last night.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Well it looks like but not 100% on this but it looks like we are going to keep the Slash class as is an run just the Slash in this class.

The 2nd class with be Pro SCT. You can change tires (SCT only from Proline and J Concepts or any ones that are made for the SCT class). Any hopups you want to do. Brushless is going to be ok but I know we are going to have some limit on it but not sure what that will be but I will roughly say 10.5 and up.

Chris will have a meeting with all the Slash and SCT racers to go over everything. To be honest it isn't like the other trucks are really that much better but it is are biggest class and we sell by far more Slash kits than any other kit we sell in the shop so we want to protect are biggest class. For the most part the other trucks have not proven to be better than the Slash but the reality is if any other truck start winning regularly other than the Slash it will chase away are guys that started with the all Slash class we originally started. We don't want to scare off the Slash owners. Reality is if others win weekly with non SLash trucks the majority of Slash owners will have the perception they need a new SCT of the week truck and we don't want that to happen.

The Pro SCT class is where better drivers can run with racers with closer abilities and want to hop their SCT up some. We all know that for the most part we don't need big HP motors to do well as most good drivers will go fast with no mods. We feel a limit on the brushless motor size in this class will keep things under control some and keep racing close but just have that little extra power. Most mod racers this year especially have been using slower motors in mod like never before but going faster than ever. In 2wd mod we always ran 7.5 but now guys are faster using 10.5 and 13.5 with a few dropping down to 8.5 but overall everyone is using slower mods to go faster. More control of the car but still plenty of power.

Chris will go over everything on Sunday at the drivers meeting. W talked with a few drivers and this seems like the best solution to an ever growing problem with this new class. It is very difficult to figure out how to run this class with all the new stuff but this way seems to be the most fair overall without hurting the mainstay of are offroad core group from last year.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes we have bodies and motors in stock

I do not like a few of the rules
I don't like the parts being interchangeable
the blitz is probably the slowest but throw a slash motor in and slash tires on it and will be much better than the slash, now you have just alienated the 30 slash guys and they will stop showing up.
Not good for the racers or me.
Allowing the parts to be interchangeable is racing suicide - the thing that has made this class so successful is the fact that it is cheap - by allowing all these mods, it is no longer cheap. 95% of all the cars in this class are slash's. I am not willing to make one of them mad. This class was perfect last year, and I am willing to look at allowing other cars to run in the slash spec class but not if one of them has the perception that they can't win because there stock slash is uncompetitive. If people want to go faster there is the mod class where all these modifications can be done. I am also wondering about a pro slash class. For people like Reigle, Frymyer, Shaffer, etc. I don't want people showing up thinking they are running for 6th place after all the pro's take the top spots. What are all your thoughts on that?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris mckinney

the blitz is probably the slowest but throw a slash motor in and slash tires on it and will be much better than the slash, now you have just alienated the 30 slash guys and they will stop showing up.
Allowing the parts to be interchangeable is racing suicide - the thing that has made this class so successful is the fact that it is cheap - by allowing all these mods, it is no longer cheap. 95% of all the cars in this class are slash's. I am not willing to make one of them mad. This class was perfect last year, and I am willing to look at allowing other cars to run in the slash spec class but not if one of them has the perception that they can't win because there stock slash is uncompetitive. If people want to go faster there is the mod class where all these modifications can be done. I am also wondering about a pro slash class. For people like Reigle, Frymyer, Shaffer, etc. I don't want people showing up thinking they are running for 6th place after all the pro's take the top spots. What are all your thoughts on that?
I agree parts interchangeable would be suicide. I know last night with the stock tires on my Blitz it was very loose so i decided to put my Slash tires on it and it was a big difference if I would have put the Titan in it that would have been even better and in the hands of the right driver I think would be very hard to beat in a stock class. I think the Blitz would be more suited for a mod class anyway the stock esc is crap mine actually fell apart last night.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:44 AM

run mod buggy, problem solved

chris shaffer can tell u that sportsman and expert class worked very well for another very popular spec class from days gone by. legends. somethin to explore.

R
Old 10-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris mckinney

I agree with everything said here, but then again i dont even run slash class haha.
Good idea on the "Pro Slash class", hopefully there's a decent turn out to have there own race.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 AM

1 drawback would have to be buyin my slash back from reigle (again) to run in pro slash. ha

R
Old 10-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i dont run the slash class either - but - i think the slash class should be a spec slash class and that's it.

maybe a "mod SC" class can accomodate the faster slash drivers (after a certain number of points have been obtained in the spec slash class) AAAANNNNDDD any one else who chooses to run any other short course/modified slash truck????
Old 10-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

So my son has a losi sct an the sc10 what class would he run in??
Old 10-28-2009, 08:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

We could always run 2 spec sct classes. The all Slash spec class and then a Pro Spec which is no more than any stock sct of any brand run in this class.

Keep them all stock for both classes.

While the SCT class is a great new thing for racing and brought in alot of new racers it causes alot of headaches for track owners. Now this area many of the tracks allow all to run together. As I read the interenet though many tracks just run SCT with pretty much ROAR rules and it is more of an open class. Then some tracks run in between those two classes. What a total PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God I never thought I would say this but the oval racing is looking better all the time. God just shoot me for that statement. I think 2wd mod buggy looks good to as it is simple rules. Buggy, lipo, brushless. No wonder 1/8 scale grows every year. 2 classes (buggy or truggy)

As you can see this creates a huge problem for tracks. Only nice thing about running a ROAR rules type SCT class is you only need one class instead of running two or three classes thus water the field down.

I'm lost what to do because no matter what you try people won't be happy. Hmm shades of touring car all over that I just left for that very reason.

My head hurts so I'm outta here for a few hours because my head can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.