Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thhrc
brian lou's sc10 has wieght in it so we should re wiegh it and i still have one more blitz in stock so we can wiegh it to next time your at the shop
Thanks. I will try to stop in tommorrow if I can. Appreciate the help.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by morris
roll call for 1/8 scale this sunday?
I will be there with my 8ight-e
Originally Posted by wyd
Thanks. The other way to do it after talking to another racer who had a great idea is to run a Spec Slash class and then instead of a full on open SCT class to run all other brands along with any one with a Slash who would like to move up and then allow brushless up to a 13.5. Kinda limit it some to keep them more controllable and also allow hopups and any SCT tire.

I know a few guys went to a track in CT and they run a little more open class but limit guys to 17.5 brushless and any SCT tire.

Just some things to think about for points get started here. I will talk with everyone this SUnday for a drivers meeting for the Spec guys and the open SCT class. Just trying to get a final setup for points.
I like the weight limit idea, just weigh them and find the heaviest one with out a batt. and make that the weight limit. Another thing you could do is let everyone be able to run any tire that comes stock, and any electronics that come stock. That way if people think one tire has an advantage then they can buy it and see for them self. The same would go for the electronics.
Just an idea, but i think it would work. People wouldn't have to buy any thing, but they could if they want.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Here are some rules that the local tracks have come up with.

It was an effort to maintain the current pec Slash class and not exclude the new trucks.

Stock RTR Spec SCT Class Rules

(Traxxas Slash, Associated SC10, Team Losi Strike, HPI Racing Blitz)

1. Batteries - Any 6-Cell Nickel based (NO 7 cells) or 2S (7.4v) LiPo

2. Body - Any SCT style body (NO BAJA BUG bodies)

3. Chassis - Stock chassis only. No modifications that will effect suspension/steering geometry (TRUCKS MUST OBTAIN FULL FRONT AN REAR BUMPERS)

4. Differential – Stock Gear diff only (NO BALL DIFFS-NO LOCKERS)

5. Drivetrain - Must retain stock drivetrain. (NO CVD'S!!!) None of the RTR's come with CVD's

6. ESC – Stock RTR ESC'S only (RTR ELECTRONICS MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

7. Gearing (Spur/Pinion) – Any spur/pinion that will fit without modification.

8. Motor – Stock (RTR version) (RTR MOTOR'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

9. Radio - Stock or Aftermarket

10. Receiver - Stock or Aftermarket

11. Servo - STOCK ONLY!!!! (ONLY RTR SERVO'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

12. Suspension - Stock springs only. Shocks may not be interchanged between manufaturers! You may use any oil in the shock. (NO SWAY BARS!!! TRAXXAS MAY RUN OPTIONAL ALUMINUM SHOCK CAPS. NO EXTRA HOLES MAY BE DRILLED FOR NEW CAMBER LINK OR SHOCK POSITIONING)

13. Tires – Stock SCT tires only (RTR TIRES ONLY MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS) NO BOW TIES, SWITCHES, GOOSEBUMPS, OR SLICKS!!! ALL TIRES MUST HAVE TREAD SHOWING. NO SIPING OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE TIRE TREAD PATTERNS PERMITTED. YOU MAY RUN ANY FOAM OF CHOICE THOUGH SINCE NO 2 MANUFACTURERS FOAMS ARE THE SAME)

14. Wheels – Stock SCT wheels only (MUST RUN THE CORRECT MANUFACTURERS WHEEL FOR YOUR TRUCK. TRAXXAS/TRAXXAS, AE/AE, HPI/ HPI/, LOSI/LOSI.... NO MODIFICATIONS TO ALTER STOCK OFFSET!!!)

15. Weight (NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED TO INTENTIONALLY LOWER ANY TRUCKS WEIGHT, ALTHOUGH YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ADD WEIGHT...)

16. Must be 2wd only

RACE FORMAT WILL BE RAN AS IFMAR QUALIFYING. NO HEADS UP STARTS. QUALIFIERS TO BE 5 MINUTES. 7 MINUTES A-MAINS WITH ALL LOWER MAINS BEING 5 MINUTES

I feel this is the best set of rules to run buy if you are going to be running all Spec SCT. I feel that no one truck has any advantage. But I do not want to have to go out and spend another 100 dollars on tires for me and my son.
I spoke with Jimmy last night about this and told him about these rules and he really seemed to like them. Lets keep it the way it is suppose to be a spec class. copied from a post by bob moore a few months ago these rules could work but its chris's sandbox his choice
Old 10-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default nice

Originally Posted by thhrc
Here are some rules that the local tracks have come up with.

It was an effort to maintain the current pec Slash class and not exclude the new trucks.

Stock RTR Spec SCT Class Rules

(Traxxas Slash, Associated SC10, Team Losi Strike, HPI Racing Blitz)

1. Batteries - Any 6-Cell Nickel based (NO 7 cells) or 2S (7.4v) LiPo

2. Body - Any SCT style body (NO BAJA BUG bodies)

3. Chassis - Stock chassis only. No modifications that will effect suspension/steering geometry (TRUCKS MUST OBTAIN FULL FRONT AN REAR BUMPERS)

4. Differential – Stock Gear diff only (NO BALL DIFFS-NO LOCKERS)

5. Drivetrain - Must retain stock drivetrain. (NO CVD'S!!!) None of the RTR's come with CVD's

6. ESC – Stock RTR ESC'S only (RTR ELECTRONICS MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

7. Gearing (Spur/Pinion) – Any spur/pinion that will fit without modification.

8. Motor – Stock (RTR version) (RTR MOTOR'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

9. Radio - Stock or Aftermarket

10. Receiver - Stock or Aftermarket

11. Servo - STOCK ONLY!!!! (ONLY RTR SERVO'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)

12. Suspension - Stock springs only. Shocks may not be interchanged between manufaturers! You may use any oil in the shock. (NO SWAY BARS!!! TRAXXAS MAY RUN OPTIONAL ALUMINUM SHOCK CAPS. NO EXTRA HOLES MAY BE DRILLED FOR NEW CAMBER LINK OR SHOCK POSITIONING)

13. Tires – Stock SCT tires only (RTR TIRES ONLY MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS) NO BOW TIES, SWITCHES, GOOSEBUMPS, OR SLICKS!!! ALL TIRES MUST HAVE TREAD SHOWING. NO SIPING OR MODIFICATIONS TO THE TIRE TREAD PATTERNS PERMITTED. YOU MAY RUN ANY FOAM OF CHOICE THOUGH SINCE NO 2 MANUFACTURERS FOAMS ARE THE SAME)

14. Wheels – Stock SCT wheels only (MUST RUN THE CORRECT MANUFACTURERS WHEEL FOR YOUR TRUCK. TRAXXAS/TRAXXAS, AE/AE, HPI/ HPI/, LOSI/LOSI.... NO MODIFICATIONS TO ALTER STOCK OFFSET!!!)

15. Weight (NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED TO INTENTIONALLY LOWER ANY TRUCKS WEIGHT, ALTHOUGH YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ADD WEIGHT...)

16. Must be 2wd only

RACE FORMAT WILL BE RAN AS IFMAR QUALIFYING. NO HEADS UP STARTS. QUALIFIERS TO BE 5 MINUTES. 7 MINUTES A-MAINS WITH ALL LOWER MAINS BEING 5 MINUTES

I feel this is the best set of rules to run buy if you are going to be running all Spec SCT. I feel that no one truck has any advantage. But I do not want to have to go out and spend another 100 dollars on tires for me and my son.
I spoke with Jimmy last night about this and told him about these rules and he really seemed to like them. Lets keep it the way it is suppose to be a spec class. copied from a post by bob moore a few months ago these rules could work but its chris's sandbox his choice

i love the sound of all that, the "parts interechange" is awsome!,

only thing i dont like is the lack of 2s lipo's
Old 10-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Will there be a practice day today?

Anyone going?
Old 10-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TomTomTuning
Will there be a practice day today?

Anyone going?
yes there is practice today and i will be there. i know others where talking about going.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I convinced my GF to let me come practice today, she might even tag along idk. But mainly due to me not being able to race this past Sunday and the Sunday coming up.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nighthawk

2s 7.4v lipos are listed under batteries for the guidlines posted.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:22 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i'll be there. sold off a bunch of cars last nite. woohoo. both t4s, my 8b2.0, vintage rc10 (1 of them, had 3), and my kyo touring car for VTA. lil leary over a brand new ebayer buyin my 8b for so much. so much so that paypal is already reviewing the pymt even b4 i knew the car sold. odd.

more laps for the b4, gonna settle in and try not to wreck. perhaps the lap timing being off is a good thing.

R
Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

I'm all for the rules posted by Luke. I won't be there this Sunday to voice my opinion, so here it is...haha I know that the guys that come with me feel the same way. They mentioned last week that it would be nice to use the Traxxas esc in the BLITZ.

Wyd,

What are you opinions on the rules posted by Luke? Also, did I read correctly that you turned some low 28 sec. laps? If so, that's crazy! It appears the Slash may be the way and the other 3 trucks may be at a disadvantage which is completely opposite from everyone's early speculation. I hope the changes I've made will make a big difference...Seems as if I'm gonna need some serious speed!!!

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Nighthawk

That was changed and 2 cell lipo was later added to those rules.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bryan@SMC
I'm all for the rules posted by Luke. I won't be there this Sunday to voice my opinion, so here it is...haha I know that the guys that come with me feel the same way. They mentioned last week that it would be nice to use the Traxxas esc in the BLITZ.

Wyd,

What are you opinions on the rules posted by Luke? Also, did I read correctly that you turned some low 28 sec. laps? If so, that's crazy! It appears the Slash may be the way and the other 3 trucks may be at a disadvantage which is completely opposite from everyone's early speculation. I hope the changes I've made will make a big difference...Seems as if I'm gonna need some serious speed!!!

Thanks,

Bryan
Hey Bryan. I actually agree with those rules 100% I think they are fair for all. Only changes I see in those would be CVD's for the Strike only (since their stock bones at this time were made wrong and Horizon has acknowledged the problem), 2s lipo is cool and maybe a weight limit of some sort. Otherwise I like the rule that Bob Moore came up with and think they are very fair to all brands. Have to give props to Bob on these.

Let me run this by Chris tonight and if that is ok I will get them copied and printed up to hand out to all Spec racers.

I think for the open class will be pretty similiar but allow brushless up to lets say a 10.5 Sensored (13.5 or 17.5) or equal to a 4600KV or lower KV rating on sensorless motors. Allow SCT tires only from PRoline and J Concepts. Can use after market parts on the SCT.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

wieght of blitz with j concept body(taped) and 5000 yeah pack 2244 grams battery wieghs 310 grams this was race ready with personal tp installed
Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just got my Blitz today. Can't wait till the 8th to race it. Since I wont be there to voice my opinion this Sunday, I will do it now. I like the suggestion for the rules posted by Luke also. I definetly don't wanna run in a class that I will have to spend a bunch of money on a truck I just bought to be competitive! I would like for us to either stay with the spec rules that we have in place now, or the rules posted by Luke. I know I wouldn't mind changing out the stock esc in the Blitz with a traxxas. Then i could lock out reverse. As long as we race them in box stock form and don't have to start buying tires, esc's, BL motors, etc. to be competitive and to race, then I will be happy and race. If something happens and because I have something other than a slash and there is no class for me to race in other than a type of open class where anything goes, then I will just sell my Blitz and not race SCT.

Jason, you still wanting to buy a B4? If so, I mite sell mine. I have a Novak GTB and 10.5 BL that I would let go with it plus some tires.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

WYD I plan on making it up to Bumps this weekend.
The rules that Luke posted I feel are the best all around rules to run. It leaves it up to you to do what you want. Like others have said and I will say the same. I want to keep this as cheap as possible. Since my son and I are both running them. We have had a blast racing at G's raceway and Pit Stop. Let's not ruin this class.
Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.