Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
+1 ON this post! One thing that is allways left out on this debate is what about all the people that bought the Slash for the sole reason of running it in a Slash spec only class.The ones that helped some clubs survive due to lack of interest. The people that like myself that has only ran AE in all my ventures untill I saw the fun and the benifit of this class. In that, Im glad most tracks support the class that has supported them. Slash spec! Most people that cry over not being open stock are the ones that refused to support the class because it was a Traxxas. Now that your brand has a SCT you want on the wagon!lol I have also found that most of the crying is from people that A. dont run the class B. dont intend to c.just enjoy the manufacture war game. IMHO long live Slash spec! and hope open SCT takes off as well. JMHO Brian Daugherty
This is a potential problem and thats why we are going to be on it from opening day.

Problem is many companies jump on the bandwagon and now we have 4 brands that more or less fit into the same class. The Associated SC10 and HPI Blitz are by far the most race oriented of the 4 out right now while the Slash and Strike are more similiar in the fact they are more basher looking and not modified race trucks.

I will be on this from the start of the season and will be going over this in the first drivers meeting. By the start of the points we will have it figured out on how we will be separating them.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
Holy Cr@p - 7 pages and I missed them all - man I can't wait to get done with everything, and start working on the track. Jason has been building some new jumps. I am really really looking forward to this season - maybe more than any other season. I have some things to work through like when to hold the Christmas Classic - has to be after December 13th - December 18th and 19th seem a little too close to Xmas - I am thinking jan 8th - 9th Do you guys think that is too close to the holidays? We could do it 15th and 16th - just seems late. What do you all think?

I really think the other corr trucks will run circles around the slash once they are indoor, with all the bite. I could be wrong, although that would be a first I think maybe what we should do is wait and see after the first race how to separate the class. Although I disagree that a mod corr class cost more money - based on last year the stock slash's were not far off of many of the mod buggy times. In other words I am not sure you need brushless to compete in a mod corr class, it is just the perception that you do.
Just wondering if the dates are right? 8th and 9th are a fri. and sat., shouldn't it be the 9th and 10th, a sat. and sun.?
but either way that weekend would be better for me, don't have daughter that weekend.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

As of right now I also plan on running a mod sct truck. I also have a stock slash to be ran with the spec class. I might not be able to make it down there very often. But I will see depending on my work schedule.... i plan on keeping an eye on this thread and hopefully run at bumps and jumps soon!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
Holy Cr@p - 7 pages and I missed them all - man I can't wait to get done with everything, and start working on the track. Jason has been building some new jumps. I am really really looking forward to this season - maybe more than any other season. I have some things to work through like when to hold the Christmas Classic - has to be after December 13th - December 18th and 19th seem a little too close to Xmas - I am thinking jan 8th - 9th Do you guys think that is too close to the holidays? We could do it 15th and 16th - just seems late. What do you all think?

I really think the other corr trucks will run circles around the slash once they are indoor, with all the bite. I could be wrong, although that would be a first I think maybe what we should do is wait and see after the first race how to separate the class. Although I disagree that a mod corr class cost more money - based on last year the stock slash's were not far off of many of the mod buggy times. In other words I am not sure you need brushless to compete in a mod corr class, it is just the perception that you do.
When you set a date for the Classic keep in mind that theres gonna be some of us going to Ohio for the Midwest Champs and that usually falls on the second weekend in Jan for electric and third week for nitro
Old 09-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Read the whole thread, honestly there is some good discussion going on here.

This season is a bit of a turning point since it's the first one where there are multiple competitors for the now popular Short Course class. Let's all just have fun this year and be confident that by next year it will all be old news.

Brian I think I just spoke to you on the phone about running this year for the first time. I have a feeling that Short Course Mod might be the way to go for me, might look for a Losi or AE (or maybe even HPI since I'm running a D8T) to run this year.

I run every week at XRC in Quarryville, and I look forward to meeting everyone at Bumps.

-Jake
Old 09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was just messin' around on the Bumps website...was there always a "live feed" link on the left? Is this new for this year? I assume this is a webcam of some kind.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:25 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by tom2tone
As of right now I also plan on running a mod sct truck. I also have a stock slash to be ran with the spec class. I might not be able to make it down there very often. But I will see depending on my work schedule.... i plan on keeping an eye on this thread and hopefully run at bumps and jumps soon!
Will be great to have you when you can make it.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by InfiniteMotors
Read the whole thread, honestly there is some good discussion going on here.

This season is a bit of a turning point since it's the first one where there are multiple competitors for the now popular Short Course class. Let's all just have fun this year and be confident that by next year it will all be old news.

Brian I think I just spoke to you on the phone about running this year for the first time. I have a feeling that Short Course Mod might be the way to go for me, might look for a Losi or AE (or maybe even HPI since I'm running a D8T) to run this year.

I run every week at XRC in Quarryville, and I look forward to meeting everyone at Bumps.

-Jake
Hey Jake that was me. Look forward to having you make it to Bumps in the near future. I'm leaning towards 2wd mod buggy and eventually I will get a SCT to run the mod class in. Just for the fact I can add a little more power to make the jumps and thats pretty much the only reason why I would run mod. Don't plan on spending a million dollars on a cheap truck.

Your right it is a turning point for the SCT class. Are biggest thing is we don't want to damage are largest class in anyway. I know me, Chris and a few others will be testing some stock SCT trucks to get a good idea on what is what. Where trying to make sure we do the right thing in are class layout.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:31 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
I was just messin' around on the Bumps website...was there always a "live feed" link on the left? Is this new for this year? I assume this is a webcam of some kind.
They had a live feed at their huge oval race last February.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The classic is always a one day race - friday is open practice - two day events really hurt - hotel expense, time away from family's etc. We have always had more racers with a one day event.
Stay tuned for the video
Old 09-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

What's up guys. Can't wait to make the journey North again on the 18th. I've been hanging back, reading all the posts about the SCT classes and I've wanted to stay out but can't as it's been bugging me to express what I feel. First...Just be happy that Bumps and Jumps is open and available for you to attend. Hobby Shops and tracks are having an extremely difficult time right now. More and more are closing their doors each week or each month. Chris, Brian and the rest of the B&J crew will make the best possible decision for the majority. I personally would race Spec Slash, Open or Mod SCT, and even Stock SCT if they would choose to do so. I don't want to split up classes myself as racing against 25 guys is much better than 6 or 7 each week. If you truly want to race, you will make the necessary changes to participate in a class. Right now I have an SC10 and my Slash is on the way. Hopefully by next week, the BLITZ will also arrive. The SC10 is setup to run Open, but if the guys choose to have a stock SCT class, that truck will be converted over and my BLITZ will be for Open SCT. Yes it will take some coin, but if I'm traveling 3 1/2 hours to race, I'm going to make the most of my time while I'm there. The B&J crew is right about the lap times as well. Putting crazy horsepower into a truck that handles like a turd will give you an over-powered turd on wheels. Don't get me wrong, SCT is by far my favorite form of R/C. I just want a quality facility to race at that has a friendly, relaxed atmosphere, awesome food and some of the best offroad racers on the East Coast...B&J has all of that. That's why all last year, I spent 7 hours out of a day to travel JUST TO RACE Spec Slash.

Hope nobody has been offended. I understand all points made by other racers and I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. Adapt to the rules once they are set, then work, learn, ask and practice. At the end of the day, ALL 4 trucks are capable of winning. Who has the most knowledge of setup and who is truly the best wheel will determine if HPI, AE, LOSI, or TRX will prevail on Sunday's!!

Thanks Chris, WYD & the rest of the gang for putting up with the BS and for doing what's necessary to give us a great facility where we can go play with our "toys" and watch football without the nagging wife for a day!!!

Bryan
Old 09-25-2009, 09:13 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Thanks Bryan. Look forward to seeing you again at Bumps with the rest of the gang.

Ok we did a little testing tonight at Pit Stop. We ran the SC10, Slash, and Strike on the track at the same time. Results where I was TQ with the SC10,Adam was 2nd with a Slash and Donny was 3rd with the newest SCT Losi Strike. At this time the Slash tires easily hooked up better on the track. The Losi and Associated tires at PitStop kinda suck to be honest and you really have to be smooth on the throttle.

As for overall handling and speed. To be honest everyone was super close so it really comes down to gearing and driving smooth lines.

Adam's Slash, My SC10 and Donnies new Strike where very competitive with each other all night. I just ran smoother qualifying and my heat was maybe a little better.

In the A main I led for the first 1/4 lap and Adam got by me and then I tried to duck under and caught a pipe. Adam had about 2 second lead with his Slash until he had a bad jump and and I got by and went on to win.

At least at PitStop and all of us running box stock SC10, Slash, and Strike the pretty much all performed equally and no advantage to any of the trucks. Not sure at Bumps and Jumps but this is the first test with all 3 brands running together with equally good drivers running each brand. Anyone of us could have won tonight as it was who stayed clean during the race and this time was my night.

More testing to come at Bumps once the offroad is open and maybe at Garlands next weekend if all of us can make it out to test during race condidtions.

Just wanted to give a heads up on some findings from tonight.

Funny thing is by looking at the new Losi Strike and looking at the tires and how soft they where me and the others thought the truck would easily be the best handling but man where we wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first practice run was like driving on ice. They did get better with a change of shock oil but just like my SC10's stock tires the Losi ones really did suck. The Strike is very nice looking truck and by far the nicest looking but don't let looks fool you as the Slash is plenty capable of keeping up with any of thest two new SCT trucks. The fastest overall lap of the night was turned with the SLASH.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

good to hear WYD, i'd like to see the class filled with multiple brands, i think that's great. hope to get to watch them run together all winter...
Old 09-26-2009, 06:05 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

eh, u'll be out there in the open class with a strike soon enuff. bind n drive! bind n drive!

R
Old 09-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Post 1/8 nitro buggy

I mentioned it before but just wanted to know if any of you guys that own
B-n-J, or plan on running this winter. Know of any 1/8 nitro buggys that are going to be regulars there this season?

I'm cool with just a few others. I'd rather not run electric. But don't want to be in a dead class either.

So if anyone knows any info let me know please
I plan on running every sunday if buggys show up.
So if someone plans on bringing a bug. Post so I can get an Idea.

I can't be the only one that doesn't run electric.
Or am I

Later guys and I hope to run with you all this winter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.