Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season >

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Old 02-14-2010, 04:37 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

watched a lil bit today in between home projects. i'll see many of you at motorama. take care.

R
Old 02-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ,

Originally Posted by morris
had a great time today..i think i did pretty good for having only one day with the slash.i want to play with set-up a little more...get it suited for my style.
a+ to reigle for the a-main win...smooth and fast....
ill be looking to give you some more heat when i come back.thats if i go the right way with set-up.
also thx brian for hooking me up with a great buy.
i still think i might keep the strike and build a mod sct out of it...

you sure did! 2nd place in the A-main pro, thats awsome!! nice to see someone go after Regal!

Had a good time in 4x4 slash today, my truck felt alot better with the new setup, now just need to get some decent tires on it!

Last edited by Nighthawk; 02-15-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Thanks again Bumps for another fun day of racing Well worth the trip and as always a great place to race. I'll see you guys soon as I plan to make it to Motorama to spectate.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:26 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

had a great time today..i think i did pretty good for having only one day with the slash.i want to play with set-up a little more...get it suited for my style.
a+ to reigle for the a-main win...smooth and fast....
ill be looking to give you some more heat when i come back.thats if i go the right way with set-up.
also thx brian for hooking me up with a great buy.
i still think i might keep the strike and build a mod sct out of it...
Glad you liked the Slash. Your time in the main where very fast thats for sure. The Slash trucks are still doing very well against the other brands so its nice to see they hold their own. Look forward to racing with you again soon.

I'm also keeping my Strike. I'm looking to race it in two weeks at Richfield. I'm looking to be up the week after the Feb Freeze so this Friday a week. I have the Strike all cleaned up and would just need to change the shock oils around some and its ready to go.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
you sure did! 2nd place in the A-main pro, thats awsome!! nice to see someone go after Regal!

Had a good time in 4x4 slash today, my truck felt alot better with the new setup, now just need to get some decent tires on it!

SO,, instead, i'll just say.. "Had a good time in the heats!, truck felt good!! thanx bumps!! "
Let me know if that happens again as I didn't actually check the heats all day long and almost missed all three of my heat races. I will talk with Chris and try to make sure that don't happen again.

Last edited by wyd; 02-15-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

brian,
yea slash is a very nice truck.i would like to talk set-up with you sometime.
i noticed somethings that i changed on the truck that when i ran it..well it did the opposite of what i wanted.
otherwise i am pleased with it.
my strike has a big change coming to it.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default thanx

Originally Posted by wyd
Let me know if that happens again as I didn't actually check the heats all day long and almost missed all three of my heat races. I will talk with Chris and try to make sure that don't happen again.
Thanx Brian.
Glad to hear it wasnt just me that thought that was a problem.
long travels and alot of money spent there, it was just frustrating.

I respectfully deleted that part of the post, shouldnt have posted it. feel free to do the same with your's.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Brian,

Thanks for all your help this week on my mod truck I couldn't of done it with out you. I will get you in a few weeks for the glitch buster, great call I was thinking something was wrong with it.

Keith,

Thanks for all your help on race day and set up with the software and use of the laptop. See you at Rama.

I think we ran every short course truck we own yesterday and my daughter is going to be racing with us more in the future, she told me today she had a great time and wants to paint a body for the slash.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Thanx Brian.
Glad to hear it wasnt just me that thought that was a problem.
long travels and alot of money spent there, it was just frustrating.

I respectfully deleted that part of the post, shouldnt have posted it. feel free to do the same with your's.
Not a problem. Taken care of.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DialedIn-67
Brian,

Thanks for all your help this week on my mod truck I couldn't of done it with out you. I will get you in a few weeks for the glitch buster, great call I was thinking something was wrong with it.

Keith,

Thanks for all your help on race day and set up with the software and use of the laptop. See you at Rama.

I think we ran every short course truck we own yesterday and my daughter is going to be racing with us more in the future, she told me today she had a great time and wants to paint a body for the slash.
Anytime. I enjoy trying to help you guys out and anyone else that needs help. Glad the stutter stopper took care of the problem. I always keep one in my box because I never know when I might have that problem or aomeone else might have the problem. Amazing how that little cap helps out.

Goodluck this weekend. Hope you and Jr have a great time.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

brian,
yea slash is a very nice truck.i would like to talk set-up with you sometime.
i noticed somethings that i changed on the truck that when i ran it..well it did the opposite of what i wanted.
otherwise i am pleased with it.
my strike has a big change coming to it.
Depends on what you changed and what you wanted it to do. I know my setup works well for me but funny thing is with a Slash is alot of setups work as well other than what I run. I run my truck pretty low but I do notice some of the trucks running higher clearence jump pretty good and still steer well. Its just what feels good to the one driving the truck.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Depends on what you changed and what you wanted it to do. I know my setup works well for me but funny thing is with a Slash is alot of setups work as well other than what I run. I run my truck pretty low but I do notice some of the trucks running higher clearence jump pretty good and still steer well. Its just what feels good to the one driving the truck.
right on....i lowered the back shock oil to try and get it to have more forward traction.it made it worse...lol
go back to the 40 in the back and try a smoother finger...lol
Old 02-15-2010, 09:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

right on....i lowered the back shock oil to try and get it to have more forward traction.it made it worse...lol
go back to the 40 in the back and try a smoother finger...lol
Well the slipper setting is huge on a Slash. I normally loosen it up til it slips and then I tighten it a little at a time to just where it stops slipping and then give about a 1/4 more and its ready to go. It accelerates great but not as loose as when the slipper is cranked tight.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Well the slipper setting is huge on a Slash. I normally loosen it up til it slips and then I tighten it a little at a time to just where it stops slipping and then give about a 1/4 more and its ready to go. It accelerates great but not as loose as when the slipper is cranked tight.
ok i will keep that in mind when i run it again.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Roar region 2 1/8 offroad series please see link below Thanks

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ad-series.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.