Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone
I have a spec slash and an e-revo and i'm bouncing back and forth from either getting a e-buggy or a sc10.... How would either one of those handle this track? It seems small in the pics.
SC10 would be a good choice as the open Short Coarse truck class will be a good class. I know alot of guys are looking forward to upgrading their Spec Slash with brushless and just overall want to run the trucks a little faster so the open Short Coarse will be a good class.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:09 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
more like 'semi-retirement'

when a day of runnin for fun, practicing, timed or not is more fun (and economical) than a raceday or 2. then really the only purpose is hanging out with your friends which is what it should be about in the end game. thats why i've tried here to balance a 1/8 nitro, 1/10 2wd, and finally put this ISTC into service. tall order but i like hangin out and while i'm ok with most all of it. many folks dont like seeing me come up just to hang and not run.

i'm trying. no1 said this hobby was cheap and i started saving for mortgage pymts this mth as the house is supposed to be done late dec/early jan. lotta hobbies, too much fat.

R
Thats ok I'm pretty sure the touring car is for sale after I run two more outdoor races and then I'm done. To mush BS and spec tires at these tracks is taking all the fun out of touring. No one wants to run spec foams and no one cars about 500 dollar touring cars, 130 dollar 50C lipos and the speedo of the week but worry more about a freaking spec rubber tire.

Thankgod Chris at Bumps don't do crap like that. Its like your forced to run stuff you may or maynot like (in my case hate being forced to support companies I don't like).

Offroad is great because this never becomes an issue.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well that sux brian, just as i'm gettin around to gettin over there u and karl are rolling out. so wth am i doin (once again). i heard fred bailed on laying carpet down for every1 even after they raised $ for it. idk, politics, but we must support the tracks or there will be done.

bumps will be just on 88mi give or take from my new house. add that to sundays, real tough. granted some of you folks who know ron almog from 1/8 buggy racing (some of it at bumps with his kid brother) will be happy to know he just got a ftb4 (tekin 13.5) and its just about ready to let her eat. helped get the speedo up and going. tossed the 1 pinion we could find in his car just to check function. all will be well. he's ready to find out how hard 2wd is.

R
Old 09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Thats ok I'm pretty sure the touring car is for sale after I run two more outdoor races and then I'm done. To mush BS and spec tires at these tracks is taking all the fun out of touring. No one wants to run spec foams and no one cars about 500 dollar touring cars, 130 dollar 50C lipos and the speedo of the week but worry more about a freaking spec rubber tire.

Thankgod Chris at Bumps don't do crap like that. Its like your forced to run stuff you may or maynot like (in my case hate being forced to support companies I don't like).

Offroad is great because this never becomes an issue.
wyd, what classes you running this year?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

well that sux brian, just as i'm gettin around to gettin over there u and karl are rolling out. so wth am i doin (once again). i heard fred bailed on laying carpet down for every1 even after they raised $ for it. idk, politics, but we must support the tracks or there will be done.

bumps will be just on 88mi give or take from my new house. add that to sundays, real tough. granted some of you folks who know ron almog from 1/8 buggy racing (some of it at bumps with his kid brother) will be happy to know he just got a ftb4 (tekin 13.5) and its just about ready to let her eat. helped get the speedo up and going. tossed the 1 pinion we could find in his car just to check function. all will be well. he's ready to find out how hard 2wd is.

R
are you running touring car at all this winter?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:57 PM

i was working on the 008 now in fact. fleet consists of the 008, my b4, and my losi 2.0 (which i want to move out). i'm also moving to glen burnie area, which sadly lost its onroad prgm as of this past wk, but still have fred, mimi's and 301 nearby. bumps is a stretch and running sundays, but i think i can manage some dates. surprised chris' oval crowd doesnt wanna stay home on sunday and watch the round-dee-round boys (in season) or the big game (off season) and thus race on sats instead. its his show, he can run it how he pleases.

R
Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

i was working on the 008 now in fact. fleet consists of the 008, my b4, and my losi 2.0 (which i want to move out). i'm also moving to glen burnie area, which sadly lost its onroad prgm as of this past wk, but still have fred, mimi's and 301 nearby. bumps is a stretch and running sundays, but i think i can manage some dates. surprised chris' oval crowd doesnt wanna stay home on sunday and watch the round-dee-round boys (in season) or the big game (off season) and thus race on sats instead. its his show, he can run it how he pleases.

R
im gonna take my type r down to frederick tom. to try and get it set up, glad to see some familiar faces will be running down there on saturdays this winter

off road is still going to be on sundays this year correct?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:09 PM

u want that speedo? just lemme know. its up at ross' right now. either way is cool. 008 needs a new layshaft argh. 13.5 en route for the b4. 8.5 too strong.

R
Old 09-16-2009, 05:42 PM

brian, everything in moderation. u cant bail 'again' in favor of frustration over hacking, b'g jumped on, front bulkheads, class of the mth club, 1/8 scales in ability to jump straight etc etc

R
Old 09-16-2009, 05:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

brian, everything in moderation. u cant bail 'again' in favor of frustration over hacking, b'g jumped on, front bulkheads, class of the mth club, 1/8 scales in ability to jump straight etc etc

R
Nope I live 15 minutes away and I can have as much fun.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
SC10 would be a good choice as the open Short Coarse truck class will be a good class. I know alot of guys are looking forward to upgrading their Spec Slash with brushless and just overall want to run the trucks a little faster so the open Short Coarse will be a good class.

ok thanks for the info...... will there be a mod sc10 class? I wanted to choose a decent motor and esc. What have the guys there been runnin?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

HEY! think 100oz torque servo will be enough for 4 wheel?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by tom2tone
ok thanks for the info...... will there be a mod sc10 class? I wanted to choose a decent motor and esc. What have the guys there been runnin?
It is going to be open short coarse with any hop ups. Traxxas Slash, Associated SC10, Losi Strike and HPI Blitz are the 4 trucks right now that will be running in the open class.

We will still have are Slash Spec class just like last year.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by function>form
HEY! think 100oz torque servo will be enough for 4 wheel?
That will work.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:56 AM

futaba 9551 and 4get bout it

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.