R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   SEARS LANE RACEWAY IN BURLINGTON VT!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/297015-sears-lane-raceway-burlington-vt.html)

mattyb13 05-14-2009 10:03 AM

SEARS LANE RACEWAY IN BURLINGTON VT!!!

Check out this super fast and fun track in Burlington VT. Very fast and technical! Elevated Drivers stand. High banked turns, good rhythm sections, big jumps, wide lanes(Good for 4-6 1/8 sized vehicles at a time), long/fast technical sweeping corners. perfect for 1/8 sized racing. The buggies and Truggys really open up at Sears Lane!!! Very relaxed and laid back atmosphere. More of a club track. Open to all! Any sized R/C is welcome.
I have been all over New England and seen a lot of the tracks in the region and this is one of the nicest looking and absolutely most fun tracks around!
Not to be missed if you are in the Northern New England area! This is maintained by a small group of enthusiasts that wanted a fun place to meet up with others and get their race on!

Que165 08-06-2009 07:44 AM

where is this place? do you have an exact adress? a website?

mattyb13 08-06-2009 02:46 PM

que165
Hey there! Thanks for the interest in Sears Lane Raceway. Our website is under construction as we speak. As far as how to get there... I will p.m. you directions and contact info for you. It is very easy to get to and the track is really fun!!!
Check your P.M.

mattyb13 06-06-2010 07:58 AM

SEARS LANE RACEWAY UPDATE!
Burlington Vermont.

Sears Lane Raceway is looking great and there are some great improvements! We have upgraded the watering system, Graded all the turns, added a set of three 15'-20' doubles on the back straight for a great rhythm section, improved the pit lane GREATLY. The track has been treated and is curing/packing this week and we should be racing by mid-June. This is becoming one of the premier RC facilities in New England! Come on down.

tedovt 06-20-2010 08:19 AM

Bump for a sweet track. Just races there yesterday from noon to 6pm. The back straight has 3 sets of doubles. Makes it very challenging and fun. Great group of guys. We all run 1/8.

Here's an updated pic.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...g?t=1277047015

StrangeRanger 09-23-2010 01:50 PM

Hmm... that pic really doesn't do it justice. Me thinks a new pic is really needed.
Great little track though so if anyone is in the area or lives nearby come on down to Sears Lane in Burlington, VT

mattyb13 09-23-2010 02:07 PM

AGREED, since this picture was taken the track has been graded and watered numerous times. Smooth, fast and racey. Sears lane Raceway is getting better and better!

generator tech 03-23-2011 02:58 AM

I am in central VT and looking to get involved and am hoping this track exists for 2011. It's been many years since I was an avid rc'er. I have a 1/5 baja 5b gas currently and want to get into something local here in VT.

StrangeRanger 03-24-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by generator tech (Post 8846927)
I am in central VT and looking to get involved and am hoping this track exists for 2011. It's been many years since I was an avid rc'er. I have a 1/5 baja 5b gas currently and want to get into something local here in VT.

The 5B is going to be rather large for the track. But yes, it will be up and running this year. We've got some cool upgrades planned too. Now, if we could just get this damn snow to melt!
j

mattyb13 03-27-2011 09:37 AM

Yeah that 5B will tear the hell out of Sears Lane (but it would be fun to watch you take some hot laps..)
Sears Lane is an amazing and underrated racing facility for 1/10 and 1/8 RC's. Lots of hard work went into getting it to where it is at! Awesome fun flow with plenty of high speed/air time and tech. Go check it out!!! PERFECT truggy racing facility!

Khromadin 04-12-2011 01:33 AM

Lol

I Live in cambridge ,NY Burlington is a bit of a haul. I still have all my "OLD" equipment tho. I have my old T3 electric truck. A couple old 27 turn Monster horse power's . My Novak Dually. I also Have my XXXNT Partial drake as I call it With an OS.12 And a THS Race pipe. If I can Still run my old stadiums with you guys It would be awesome.

mattyb13 04-12-2011 09:08 PM

its a great "run what ya brung" atmosphere. The truggys will get after it pretty hard tho! There are a handful of 1/10 stadium trucks that show up and when they get going they haul the mail! Come on out!

ntrain42 05-22-2011 08:08 AM

When are race days? How much to race? Hours of operation? How many people actually show up and what classes are most popular? Power onsite? Hobby store on site? Website? Any places nearby to go kayaking? Not much info here.........

yanksfan167 06-25-2011 07:34 PM

Sears Lane

Is anyone racing at Sears Lane this summer? It would be nice to get a group of people together and help promote the track?

Steve

mattyb13 08-30-2011 12:12 PM

Hey Steve,
The Sears Lane dudes are there, there have just been a lot of lifes things keeping them from the track work lately. I know they are planning on reorganizing and dropping back in on the track heavy!
email Ted at: [email protected] for more info!