Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Wow...the track looks awesome.

Hey what do you guys think of the Kyosho Inferno VE? Everything but the lipos for $400.
Not a bad price overall, and I think Iggy's son Luke is running one. Looked pretty good to me on the track.

If you can swing about 150-200 dollars extra, the HPI Vorza is definitely worth the extra $$$, and comes with a Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2200kv combo already pre-installed. It's basically a factory converted Hot Bodies D8 (which won the worlds title BTW).

I think it's more capable, and comes with the 16mm Big Bore suspension which will help when the track gets blown out. That said, none of us are pro drivers and you can definitely have fun with the Inferno VE. For the money it's not bad, but for a little extra, you get much more potential out of the box with the Vorza.

If you wanted to go that route, but wanted to save some $$$, you'd spend the same amount of money by going with the VE and getting expensive Lipo's, vs getting the Vorza and getting the Turnigy LiPo's from Hobby City which are like $28 for a 30C 5200. Can't beat that with a stick, and it's exactly what I plan on buying when I pull the trigger on the Vorza myself.

Then again, if you went with the VE AND the Turnigy LiPo's, you'd have a good start into 1/8th scale electric buggies with the least investment possible.

Hope that helps...

- Paulie
Old 12-15-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

from another forum, not my words...:

If you want a decent buggy, stay away from the Kyosho. I'm not raggin on K cars, they make AWESOME rigs, but that 1/8E they have is pure garbage. I work at a Race track, we have sold 3 of 'em. 2 of the guys have sold them and the third is just too ignorant to know any better. The shock towers are garbage, the hinge pins are weak, and the speed control and servo suck the only decent thing on the car is the motor.

Kyosho Inferno VE= Get what your pay for. cheap quality all around must run two 2 cell packs, unless you modify the battery tray. Handling is poor, but with proper set-up it can be a performer.

As far as the track:
Rob and I finished raking the 1/10 track yesterday
The end of the large tube still needs a dirt pile in front of it
The stakes need to be punched down on the upper track
Old 12-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Jon you still went out there yesterday?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yup, got there about 1:45 till 3:30, Rob showed up about 2:45 and we finished raking right before the good rain.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

All,

Went by the track this morning on the way in.

Not a single puddle on any track,

the overall site was very good with some standing water on the outsides of the complex and some DEEP mud by the upper RH corner of the 1/10th track where we drive in (Watch that area, could get a smaller car stuck)

the tracks looked great, and as soon as we can get the 1/10 track packed down it will be awesome.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wish I coulda made it up there... I didn't get off work till around 4 and by then it was already pouring. Tomorrow though.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Iggy, the starter box is a no-go. Sorry it took so long to find out but he changed his mind. Sorry bro...
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles
Iggy, the starter box is a no-go. Sorry it took so long to find out but he changed his mind. Sorry bro...
Crap! Anyone else know someone selling a starter box locally.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips on the Kyosho IVE, guys. I think I will stay away from this one. The Forza looks good although I was putoff initially by the composite chassis. I think it's worth the extra bucks, unless I can find a good deal on something else in the classifieds.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by igyrigged
Crap! Anyone else know someone selling a starter box locally.
I don't, but Jon is putting in an order from A-Main. Might just want to jump in with him and order the Blue Truggy box from OFNA. It'll start anything, and isn't too big or heavy.

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Thanks for the tips on the Kyosho IVE, guys. I think I will stay away from this one. The Forza looks good although I was putoff initially by the composite chassis. I think it's worth the extra bucks, unless I can find a good deal on something else in the classifieds.
The Vorza doesn't have a composite chassis (it's aluminum). You are thinking of the Hot Bodies Ve8 which is also based on the Nitro D8, but that is a kit and not RTR.

- Paulie
Old 12-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 more Slash owner. Ordered one for my buddy today. So our current Short Course Class reps are:
Jon X 3
Mike
Anthony
Ken
Jason
Scott (HPI Blitz)
Nick-san (HPI Blitz)
Paulie
Robert X2
Josh #1 (he said he ordered one I think)
Josh #2 I ordered his today
Probably Iggy too, he buys a few RC cars a week so I can't keep up with him.

total=14

That is enough to run 2 mains. I think we may have some frequency issues on the Jan 1st night race so if you have extra AM chips please bring them. Also, bring $5-10 to re-imburse Jon for the track rope lights. That is as cheap or cheaper than running any other track on the island.

Last edited by Murdadock; 12-15-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

..........Score one Baja 5T, ordered last Monday the 7th(Sunday in the states) Received today. This thing is frickin Huge!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think I'm Josh #1...and no I did not order a slash. I think I'm going to order a Blitz though...cheaper and they look good! But I just spent a small fortune on a truggy so that won't be for a little bit.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Murdadock
+1 more Slash owner. Ordered one for my buddy today. So our current Short Course Class reps are:
Jon X 3
Mike
Anthony
Ken
Jason
Scott (HPI Blitz)
Nick-san (HPI Blitz)
Paulie
Robert X2
Josh #1 (he said he ordered one I think)
Josh #2 I ordered his today
Probably Iggy too, he buys a few RC cars a week so I can't keep up with him.

total=14

That is enough to run 2 mains. I think we may have some frequency issues on the Jan 1st night race so if you have extra AM chips please bring them. Also, bring $5-10 to re-imburse Jon for the track rope lights. That is as cheap or cheaper than running any other track on the island.
........ok, I will bring money but you sound like my mom. No freq. issues for me.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a blitz and a slash (whenever it gets here).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.