Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast >

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Old 06-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have any pics of the new layoutMe and a few buddys are looking to try out the track.Will you guys be racing this sunday comeing up or next?
Allso how many people do you guys have come out on a givein sunday
Thanks
Old 06-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buggydad
Does anyone have any pics of the new layoutMe and a few buddys are looking to try out the track.Will you guys be racing this sunday comeing up or next?
Thanks
Racing is this Sunday. The buggy and truggy count last sun was in the twenties for each. Guys came last week that runs the pro series and had nothing but good to say about the track. It doesn't dissapoint. Some of the guys commented that it was the best track they've run on this year. Just grab the guys and make the trek. If it's not a top notch track then i guess the home team will have to buy the stewarts hot dogs!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
Racing is this Sunday. The buggy and truggy count last sun was in the twenties for each. Guys came last week that runs the pro series and had nothing but good to say about the track. It doesn't dissapoint. Some of the guys commented that it was the best track they've run on this year. Just grab the guys and make the trek. If it's not a top notch track then i guess the home team will have to buy the stewarts hot dogs!

You won't be disappointed the facility is top notch. This Sunday is a points race so there should be a decent showing.

To set the record straight. I have not been at the track in recent weeks because of medical problems that currently make it damn near impossible for me to compete at the level needed for off road competition. I will be back as soon as I feel like I can compete again. Anyone to speculate as to why I have left the off road scene for now without having talked to me is just that "speculation". It is hard enough dealing with what I'm going through right now and having to leave something I enjoy so much without people coming to conclusions as to why I'm not around. I have loved every minute of racing with you all and I will be back as soon as I can.

Rick
Old 06-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Misfit138
You won't be disappointed the facility is top notch. This Sunday is a points race so there should be a decent showing.

To set the record straight. I have not been at the track in recent weeks because of medical problems that currently make it damn near impossible for me to compete at the level needed for off road competition. I will be back as soon as I feel like I can compete again. Anyone to speculate as to why I have left the off road scene for now without having talked to me is just that "speculation". It is hard enough dealing with what I'm going through right now and having to leave something I enjoy so much without people coming to conclusions as to why I'm not around. I have loved every minute of racing with you all and I will be back as soon as I can.

Rick
rick,
take your time and get better.we will c-ya again sometime....
Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

What is the track surface like at your guys track??
Old 06-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
It is clay and dirt mix, tacky when wet and packed surface not very dusty and we water when needed. Hope this helps, Thanks
Old 06-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by buggydad
Thanks
Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
Surface is hard packed reddish clay and doesn't get loamy or blown out. Most days i run the same air filter all day. Track doesn't eat tires. Allen will water all you want but it usually just needs swept. Citiblocks are most popular truggy tire. Best of all the track stays pretty consistent all day.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nttrackpa
It is clay and dirt mix, tacky when wet and packed surface not very dusty and we water when needed. Hope this helps, Thanks
Originally Posted by hambone
Surface is hard packed reddish clay and doesn't get loamy or blown out. Most days i run the same air filter all day. Track doesn't eat tires. Allen will water all you want but it usually just needs swept. Citiblocks are most popular truggy tire. Best of all the track stays pretty consistent all day.
This helps alot! I just bought a set of Crossbrace's meduim compound for my buggy. My personal track is very simlur to yours, but its more of a brown clay, hard pack, tacky when wet and is dusty when dry.
Tyler
Old 06-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

was woundering where u have been rick. hope you get better to come back.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Looking like a pretty good turnout for fathers day. I've had quite a few folks contact me from other areas interested in coming sun. The track will be in prime shape with the rain we've been having. Brian, get ready for your speed motor lesson! Time to come to the darkside. OS POWER!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yo rob, after my episode with the go i got an os vspec. Didnt have the moola for the speed but im hoping for the best. Looks like top quality.

Thanks for the help last sunday, Sorry about the runaway..

tim
Old 06-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Misfit138

Rick
Sometimes just taking a break is best. Lets us get back into the groove! Will we be seeing some hot bodies around the track anytime soon?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tenpins77
yo rob, after my episode with the go i got an os vspec. Didnt have the moola for the speed but im hoping for the best. Looks like top quality.

Thanks for the help last sunday, Sorry about the runaway..

tim
You will like the v spec. With the right pipe they can be a handfull to drive. Get a EB Mods head button. Makes a very noticeable difference. Break it in properly and it'll run well for 8 gal at least. No more tuning issues. You won't know how to act. Let me know if u want help breaking it in.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

im running my hot bodies buggy. and i have the truggy just didnt put it together. but i just got a smokin deal on a barly used one so will have it out next weekend. the weather isnt lookin to good for tomarow either showin rain shower all day
Old 06-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

jesse , what this the buggy , couldn`t make up my mind until it was too late

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.