Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Any Joliet - LeisureHours racers around here? >

Any Joliet - LeisureHours racers around here?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Joliet - LeisureHours racers around here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Any Joliet - LeisureHours racers around here?

Just curious....I have been out a couple times to check the place out, but have not raced\practiced since the new building move. I ran at Thunderdome\JORROC(forgot the correct acronym)\Lemont Dirtburners years ago.....and looking to jump back in again in the next few months......
Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Wow.....no reply to this one?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default lh raceway

STAY AWAY. IF YOUR BETTER THEN THEY ARE THEY WILL PUT YOU INTO THE WALL. THEY LIKE TO PROVE HOW MUCH OF A PRICK THEY CAN BE WHEN YOUR INFRONT OF THEM AND THEY DONT LIKE IT. SO WATCH OUT. THEY WILL GET YOU. I LEARNED THE HARD WAY TO MANY TIMES. THERE JUST PRICKS OUT THERE.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default You must be mistaken

Been going out there the past 2 years, mostly On-road, but have run indoors and outdoors in the dirt. Really great tracks, location is not so great. Have not had any issues on practice days. Generally, they are relatively quiet. Sunday race days can get a little heated. Yes, usually the fastest guys complain the most because they have the most money invested (time included). Was running my little 1/16 scale Mini Inferno buggy out there and got squashed like a bug during a rookie qualifier. A 1/8 Truggy that weighed 4 times my weight crushed me. Funny as hell, and it happens. Lighten up a little and spend more time on practice days and learn to drive cleaner and faster. Lastly, play nice. This is a hobby to most people. If you expect places like this great track to survive, everybody needs to get along with another and drop the attitudes. These are not money races, only local bragging between buddies. Enough said. In conclusion, the track(s) at LeisureHoursRaceway in Joliet are top notch. Well maintained and plenty of area for pit repairs. Just wish it was closer to my house than 85 miles (each way).
Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GeraldRisch
Been going out there the past 2 years, mostly On-road, but have run indoors and outdoors in the dirt. Really great tracks, location is not so great. Have not had any issues on practice days. Generally, they are relatively quiet. Sunday race days can get a little heated. Yes, usually the fastest guys complain the most because they have the most money invested (time included). Was running my little 1/16 scale Mini Inferno buggy out there and got squashed like a bug during a rookie qualifier. A 1/8 Truggy that weighed 4 times my weight crushed me. Funny as hell, and it happens. Lighten up a little and spend more time on practice days and learn to drive cleaner and faster. Lastly, play nice. This is a hobby to most people. If you expect places like this great track to survive, everybody needs to get along with another and drop the attitudes. These are not money races, only local bragging between buddies. Enough said. In conclusion, the track(s) at LeisureHoursRaceway in Joliet are top notch. Well maintained and plenty of area for pit repairs. Just wish it was closer to my house than 85 miles (each way).
Lake in the hills....ouch...that's a long drive down 47 or 59 there....
Old 12-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
Just curious....I have been out a couple times to check the place out, but have not raced\practiced since the new building move. I ran at Thunderdome\JORROC(forgot the correct acronym)\Lemont Dirtburners years ago.....and looking to jump back in again in the next few months......
wow.....thunderdome!! dude I was there once with Team R&R from Quincy, Il. waaaay back in the day (James Deiter, Roy Weast and his boys(Michael and Raymond), Archie and Dan Burton, The Quinteros, The McClains, me and my older brother....hell yeah!!)

Oh and btw...LH is a TOP NOTCH FACILITY!!! Good people there too man!!!

Last edited by pwnzor; 12-09-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'll echo Pwnzor, Top notch place and great people.

Everywhere you go you will find some level of hack. And there are plenty there also. The more you practice and the better you drive you will end up driving with better more courteous drivers. They will still make you get around you in qualifing though ...

There is always a lot of beginners there and 'wanna be good' drivers and tons of good drivers also. It would help if John, (Race director), would announce in drivers meetings to let the faster qualifing cars go around you. I think they forgot that bit of courtesy at times .. lol

I race offroad up there every few months, wish I was closer!

Their forum is kinda dead, you can also go to www.RcLivechat.com. Sign up, and you can view most activities and race dates for the Illinois tracks there.

Sorry to hear about your luck JoeZilla.

Best advice in RC racing:
Volunteer to marshell for someone when they are broke.
Help pit for someone before they ask.
Introduce yourself to a couple of guys and ask a couple of setup questions and some advice and it will go a long way ..........
Old 12-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I get there occasionally.

I just got a buggy so I guess I'll have to run it somewhere.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joezilla13
STAY AWAY. IF YOUR BETTER THEN THEY ARE THEY WILL PUT YOU INTO THE WALL. THEY LIKE TO PROVE HOW MUCH OF A PRICK THEY CAN BE WHEN YOUR INFRONT OF THEM AND THEY DONT LIKE IT. SO WATCH OUT. THEY WILL GET YOU. I LEARNED THE HARD WAY TO MANY TIMES. THERE JUST PRICKS OUT THERE.
I don't see this any of this and I race down there quite often, usually run with the fast guys. LH is a great facility with nice people.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've been in some of what he described, but it's usually not 'that' bad. Once the resort happens it's much cleaner

Good B Mainer here ... A main is too tough a crowd - can't keep up - lol Unless there are a lot of glow plug issues with certain drivers .. lmao
Old 12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dave... which buggy did you get? I'm pretty sure you could run it there!!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I picked up an older 777SP1.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's a good track and good people Dave. The buggy will fit right in and there are/were plenty of people that used to run the Kyosho there.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry

YEA JOEZILLA UR RIGHT IF UR BETTER THAN ANY OF THOSE REGULARS AS THE CALL THEM THEY WILL BASH U IN THE WALL AND THERES NO REASON TO I WENT THERE TTO HAVE FUN IVE BEEN RACING FOR 7YEARS AND THAT IS THE ONLY PLACE IVE GONE TO THAT BASHES U IF THERE BETTER THEY SUCK DONT GO IM WARNING U NOW IF U WANT TO GO HOME WITH A TRUCK NOT BASHED DOTN GO:no d:
Old 01-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Where else do you race RCKid? There are newer racers (less than 2 years of racing) that do that. The more experienced racers don't do that .... Go again and ask John politely to anounce in the drivers meeting to make sure slower racers let the faster guys go around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.