R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Left Turn Raceway-Muncie Indiana (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/237489-left-turn-raceway-muncie-indiana.html)

nutz4rcyktw 09-23-2008 07:08 PM

Another fun Tuesday night of racing. Here are the results:

Slider
Larry Moore
Brad Boling
Tyler Tweedy
Chuck Reeves

Brad led the entire race only to have a motor wire come off in the last 20 seconds and this allowed Larry enough time to catch up for the win.

Late Model

Larry Moore
Bob Evans
Jorge Malloy (distant finish)

Larry fought an ill handling car until the mid point and then it started working and he passed Bob for the win.

After the night Brad said "it was still fun". This is what it is all about.

nutz4rcyktw 09-26-2008 09:56 AM

Equipment not available so no work on Dirt Oval this Saturday. Track will be open for practice from 9 until 12. I will be there and Bob (track builder and race organizer). Come out and check Left Turn out.

nutz4rcyktw 09-27-2008 09:51 AM

I was able to get some practice in Saturday morning. Legends will work on the track. I ran mine with Spec batt (4 cell), spec motor and spec tires. Blue specs in front and green in rear. This keeps the car from spinning due to too much front grip with greens. No tire compound and I ran an 18 pinion with 81 spur. Car was running low 4 second laps. More testing Tuesday night when we race again. See you there.

nutz4rcyktw 09-29-2008 08:47 AM

Plans are still progressing toward a dirt oval. Hopefully back hoe will be available next Saturday for initial work. More to come later.

nutz4rcyktw 09-29-2008 01:53 PM

Racing tomorrow (Tuesday) night; starting at 6:30 Steve Woolums and I will be testing Legends. Mine works now we need to check Steve's setup. This may be the next class to be added to Left Turn.

nutz4rcyktw 09-30-2008 06:53 PM

A very strange night. It seemed Halloween spooks visited early.

Slider

Larry Moore
Tyler Tweedy
Steve Tweedy
Brad Boling

Brad had a great race going and was turning some sizzling laps. Then his motor went up in smoke. As we all know the magic in electronics is the smoke and one let out the electronics are done. This was a motor that Brad had just put in due to a failure of his previous one. SPOOKY

Late Model

Bob Evans
Larry Moore

Larry had a slight lead on Bob and both were turning almost identical lap times. Then a motor wire fell of Larry's LM ending his run for a win. SPOOKY

Thanks to Steve Woolums and Scott Turner for stopping in for while. Steve ran his Legend with Larry Moore. Testing went well and we believe we can run four or six in a heat. Several racers are wanting to get into this class.

More to come on dirt oval work on Saturday in a later post.

nutz4rcyktw 10-02-2008 11:21 AM

Dirt oval work set up for Saturday. Steve is bringing the back hoe, Brad, Chuck, Bob, and myself will be there. I will leave in afternoon for Grandsons' soccer game. Come on out and help in the "fun".

nutz4rcyktw 10-02-2008 04:14 PM

Since this forum has been inactive other than my posts, please see the forum on HobbyTalk. It is in Oval Track Discussion in the Oval Track section of Radio Control Vehicles main thread.