R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Mid-Michigan tracks? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/220398-mid-michigan-tracks.html)

Flying Monkey 05-04-2008 05:11 PM

Mid-Michigan tracks?

Im trying to help my brother and step dad in Michigan find a track near them. they just came down here for a week on vacation and i took them to the track with me to watch the racing...they got hooked! They live in Burton michigan which is near the Flint/Davison area. I looked up track in the area and found 1 supposedly by them they are going to try to find but never know how much the site is updated since the site for that track doesnt exist. Any help i can get for them will be greatly appreciated. I believe my brother is interested in 1/10th scale electric and my step dad is interested in 1/8th scale nitro. most likely off-road also

tdeal823 05-09-2008 12:39 PM

Call Bill at Dirt Burner. 248-926-1140

Dirt Burner is a small Rc shop that has all the goodies you need for most of the popular race models in 1/10 and 1/8.

I believe that they are working on a track in the Plymouth Mi. area.
Not sure if it is open yet.

Other than that not sure. But down by the Oh/Mi line there is a rc track the website is revrcseries.com

viper01 05-11-2008 05:42 AM

local racing

if they are interested in parking lot racing, they hold racing just down the road in Grand Blanc at hobbbytown usa in the Grand Mall.
racing is on saturdays, lots of classes
(see htu's post in track locator forum)

Flying Monkey 05-11-2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by tdeal823 (Post 4429574)
Call Bill at Dirt Burner. 248-926-1140

Dirt Burner is a small Rc shop that has all the goodies you need for most of the popular race models in 1/10 and 1/8.

I believe that they are working on a track in the Plymouth Mi. area.
Not sure if it is open yet.

Other than that not sure. But down by the Oh/Mi line there is a rc track the website is revrcseries.com

ill pass that along..but i know they aint driving a couple hours to play with toy cars.

Originally Posted by viper01 (Post 4433388)
if they are interested in parking lot racing, they hold racing just down the road in Grand Blanc at hobbbytown usa in the Grand Mall.
racing is on saturdays, lots of classes
(see htu's post in track locator forum)

funny you mention that. i was actually in that thread just before checking this 1 and emailed him the info. he used to work at the Cadillac plant that had the deer park there in grand blanc, till they moved him over to metal fab there along 75 in flint. so that would be awesome if he got interested in parking lot racing instead of off-road.

fasteddie2 05-17-2008 08:24 AM

you have some great tracks around you!

check out this web site

http://www.rcracingextreme.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

clio has there first race of the year tomorrow

Dave H 05-17-2008 11:28 AM

Yep, www.rcracingextreme.com is one Michigan area site to be familiar with. Even if it is slower than stone tablets.
Also www.factorytracks.com which runs a summer series at several tracks. Both an Electric and Nitro.

Schedules for all of these tracks can be found on rcracingextreme, and forums with more info or to ask questions on.

The Clio track that FastEddie mentioned info, outdoor offroad:
Edit: wrong address, see post #8. But I think this phone number works, that's how I found it:
(810)686-3383

Also a couple a little south of them:
Factory Tracks Raceway, indoor offroad, normally electric on Wednesday nights and Saturday, and Nitro on Sundays, except sometimes for big events. And practice except for Mondays.
www.factorytracksraceway.com
180 West Wardlow Road
Highland, MI
(248)343-2678 Allen Horne is the man, and probably knows all of the offroad tracks in the area as well as anybody.

Pheasant Runn, outdoor offroad, they run once a month, usually the last weekend, electric Saturdays and Nitro Sundays. Go by the schedule, it's in a guys back yard, no practice other than what's posted. Yeah I know it sounds goofy, but it really is an incredible track, lots of big air, probably as popular of a track as we got. I can't seem to locate a phone number. Terry is your host.
11001 Terrace
Holly, MI 48442

Head East a little:
Redline, outdoor offroad, don't know the schedule.
www.redlineracingrctrack.com
8345 County Park Dr, Goodells, MI

I'm familiar with Factory Tracks Raceway and Pheasant Runn, they are both excellent, great group of guys, many of the same actually. Many nationally competitive drivers, but newbies and kids are always welcome too. They have Novice classes and are good at promoting the sport, helping rookies, nothing to be scared of. Have fun no matter what your level and learn from the best.

Hope to get to the others myself this summer, I know some of the guys from each and expect nothing but the best at them as well. Have them PM me if they want to discuss, or meet up for some help to get them started.

Flying Monkey 05-17-2008 12:53 PM

just sent this info to them. Thanks for all your help guys

Hate2Looz 06-15-2008 06:05 PM

Our track out in Clio is only 20 minutes from them. I work in Flint, near
Burton, and can be to the track in 20 minutes or less. The address is
not Neff Rd though. That is a mix up on Factory Tracks' website and
caused a ton of confusion last weekend when they put on a race out
at our track in Clio. For info on the Clio track call John at 810-429-0545.
We'd love to have them out. Practice is available 7 days a week for
$5 a day. We race just about every other weekend. Next race is next
weekend, actually. We run everything, as long as we can make a class
for it, on Sundays. Electric and Nitro.

Al Horne and all of the Factory Tracks crew are a bunch of great peeps
too. Al's indoor track in Highland is about 45 or so minutes from them.

Phesant Runn is less than 30 minutes from them. Terry runs a great track
too. Was just out there today practicing. He can't, unfortunantly, run
practice all the time but his races are the last weekend of every month.
Electric Saturdays and Nitro on Sundays.

I personally recommend Dirt Burners for all their R/C needs. Bill and Ed
are great guys and although they are about an hour from them, they
can ship it out to them next day UPS for about $8.50.

I concure on rcracingextreme.com. All the Michigan peeps hang out in
there. Including myself. Hope all this helps. :D

roninwarrior555 08-03-2008 03:10 PM

is their any one else in michigan in this forum?

jldjlaudio 12-31-2008 05:34 AM

Yes I am in Jackson Michigan and I run with Al and tony tiger and terry. I havent really talked to Terry of pheasant run in awhile as in sat down with him about the runnings of his track as this past summer he was in a freak car accident and got hit head on and is now in a wheel chair.. But they are all a great group of guys and everythings pretty laid back at FTR and rcracingextreme.com

cstroh 12-03-2009 02:33 PM

rcracingextreme.com is a great source of michigan RC info.

1971newb 10-22-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by jldjlaudio (Post 5230000)
Yes I am in Jackson Michigan and I run with Al and tony tiger and terry. I havent really talked to Terry of pheasant run in awhile as in sat down with him about the runnings of his track as this past summer he was in a freak car accident and got hit head on and is now in a wheel chair.. But they are all a great group of guys and everythings pretty laid back at FTR and rcracingextreme.com

Im also in Jackson. Would like to get more into racing and havin fun. just picked up a used Traxxas Slash 2wd and will be going BL soon. Holiday Power Sports is in the process of building a track. Will be there sunday (10-24-10) giving them a hand.

SonicXtreme 05-14-2011 11:14 AM

Hey i hate to bump an old thread but i figure it's better than a new topic. i live in brighton michigan. it's about 25 minutes north of ann arbor. are there any tracks around here? i have a vendetta st, i don't necessarily NEED to race but i'd like a track to do time trials/bashing/racing if possible. thing is i can't see driving more than a half hour to do it. i know of washtenaw and riders in ann arbor, but those only have winter racing. there must be something within a half hour that has some sort of track, outside even? i saw there used to be an 1/18th race track in brighton but i can't find any remnants of it. and the car is fast so i can throw it on a 10 scale track no issue. closest thing that's open now that i can find is dirtburners. there's also a track at hines park in plymouth, but it's outside; i'm only worried that i'll drive 40 minutes there and the track will be closed down, or being maintenanced, or flooded or something. has anyone been to the hines park track anytime recently? i wouldn't want to drive all the way there and find out the track is already reserved for racing or something. it's outside and free which seems nice. but other than that i can't find anything around here, in south lyon/brighton/novi. there must be somewhere to go around here?

Mundy1 05-25-2011 11:54 AM

AMS is not too far.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...c/102179753978

josh roberts 08-05-2011 06:30 PM

Track in Fowlerville, MI

Local radio controlled car race track is looking for racers
Located at 9792 Judd Rd, Fowlerville MI 48836
Any rc cars are welcome- nitro or electric and any size from 1/16th to 1/5th
TRACK SIZE is 120 ft x 40 ft, all dirt with jumps and curves
EMAIL - [email protected]
We will be open every weekend - Saturday and Sunday ONLY at this time
10:00 am to 6:00 pm
COST
There will be a $10.00 charge for the day
All you will need to do is fill out a club membership form
There will be refreshments available for purchase @ $1.00 each
Snacks and Food soon to come
ONLY A FEW TABLES AND CHAIRS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING YOUR OWN IF YOU LIKE. TENTS ARE ALLOWED ALSO.
PLEASE EMAIL US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED
9792 Judd Rd, Fowlerville MI 48836

we are open.......... also friend us on facebook to see all the pics