R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   PHOENIX AZ == NEWS THREAD FOR SPEED SPORTS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/208707-phoenix-az-%3D%3D-news-thread-speed-sports.html)

jslider 03-02-2008 02:17 PM

PHOENIX AZ == NEWS THREAD FOR SPEED SPORTS

Hey guys and gals and kids

I have not seen this local tack mentioned so figured i would throw it out and start a thread.

first off speed sports is a great hobby shop with very competitve pricing so if you are in need they can hook you up, if they don't have what you need ask vic or ron and they will order it and usually have with in one week have had to do that a couple times for special stuff i wanted and is very nice to not pay for shipping.

second they have an indoor track that is not huge but good for 10th scale 12th scale and 18th scale on wed and saturdays they run an oval course and on fridays run a road course.

best of all in my opinion this track and hobby shop is extremely child/kid friendly you wont hear anyone yelling at your kids cause they made a mistake i have raced at several tracks that other drivers just dont care about the little ones,,, well let me tell you that is not the case at speed sport the kids are the reason to be there. and watching them run is a blast specially funny and entertaining is the 10th scale kids truck race carnage and fun on the track is in abundance.

new and coming the new ozite carpet is in and will with a little luck and hard work be in by friday this coming week which will bring a lot of consistency to the track.

1/18th scale kids and adult is probably the largest class most nights and the adults class has a lot of competetive racers in both stock and modified.

1/10th scale stock and modified for adults once again has several skilled drivers and is only getting better, brushless carrs with too much motor are almost too fast for the track.

1/12th scale pan cars is gettiing hotter on fridays and will surely start getting more popular on saturdays as well, all the guys at the track are saying that we need to get a 1/12th scale car now cause they sure look like fun.

thre is an amb transponder system that will be layed under the carpet and is good to go bill does rec personal transponders as the track ones are in need of an overhaul.

in short check it out tracks are pretty scarce here in phoenix so if you get a chance swing in and watch the races they normally start between 7-8 pm and with the carpet the structure and timing system will help get the races going too.

here is there link check it out http://speedsportsusa.net/

Hood 03-09-2008 04:51 PM

Carpet is down..

We raced on the carpet on Friday night.. It was awesome..

I can't wait for more 1/12 scale racing on the ozite..

Hood

jslider 03-09-2008 08:54 PM

yep carpet is in and it is hoooooked up felt great was my forst time on carpet but i just had to drop in a 13 triple and just ripped around the track enjoying all that traction, forgot the camera but next weekend i will get some pics up so everyone can see

Hood 03-17-2008 07:25 PM

Carpet is seamed and Glued down

No more bumps, the carpet felt great and the scoring was in the ground.

Hood

matts6887 03-24-2008 09:10 AM

I haven't had a chance to come visit as of late, but just am wondering generally speaking how the track is coming along and also, do u know off hand when u are going to be starting nitro stuff "out back" like one of the guys at speedsports told me last time I was up there??

Hood 03-25-2008 09:32 AM

I believe they do a Bash on Sundays and let everyone run inside and out..

Wed night Oval racing
Fri night RoadCourse racing
Sat night Oval racing
Sunday day Bash out Back.. I know they have been doing speed runs out back to see who is the fastest with a radar gun.

Carpet has been seamed and glued.. The traction is great..

matts6887 03-25-2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Hood (Post 4293649)
I believe they do a Bash on Sundays and let everyone run inside and out..

Wed night Oval racing
Fri night RoadCourse racing
Sat night Oval racing
Sunday day Bash out Back.. I know they have been doing speed runs out back to see who is the fastest with a radar gun.

Carpet has been seamed and glued.. The traction is great..

Cool! the bashing event sounds like a plan to me. If I have time; I may have to mosey on over there next weekend to check that out :cool: