New Track in San Diego

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Track in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

On-road guys will have it made. Three on-road tracks in San Diego.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

8th scale guys already have it made!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah we on-road guy may have it made. But maybe some 1/10th scale buggy and 4wd buggy can make a come back in San Diego.

I would like to see 1/12th scale come back and some oval racing.

"gotta turn left. gotta turn left... opps there's a car gotta turn right... opps to much theres a wallllllll!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
On-road guys will have it made. Three on-road tracks in San Diego.
True.....but none are permanent.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

While were at it, can you build a track that I can race my quad on? Maybe the parking lot......
Old 03-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Keep your tempers under control, ladies and children. Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean you can mouth off. San Diego is a small place...

Well my first concern is, keep 1/8 and 1/10 separate or I'll never show up. I don't need my $1000 car smashed by some 1/8 pos from hobby people driven by some kid who has never driven anything but a radioshack car before last Christmas and should be at home playing W.O.W. instead

Gas vehicles will drive away electric guys to some degree, especially if they run on the same night. If they run on the same night, I won't ever come and neither will my father. I don't want to be in a building with a bunch of cars that sound like a honda civic.

Keep 1/10 and 1/8 separate because I know how well you 1/8 guys drive, INCLUDING practice times.

Better to just keep gas and electric separate. Electric guys are electric because they like clean, quiet, high performance cars. Gas is just the exact opposite of that and real electric guys don't want to be stuck in a building with gas, much less on a track with them during practice time.

As a random idea, an astroturf offroad track would keep dust down, traction wouldn't be an issue, no watering, the track wouldn't get rutted up (although I don't know what an 8th buggy would do to turf). Europe just loves astroturf, and they're better and faster drivers than any americans, because on astroturf the car does what you tell it.

As a bit of a late point, but still one that I feel is valid:

We already have Barona for offroad. We need a real onroad place. FHR's parking lot is nice, but you can't do pan cars and surface is, a parking lot. I'm perfectly happy with it for touring cars, but in all honesty what I want is a banked oval and a 1/12 road course. Now if there was something like the asphalt banked oval/roadcourse setup that Discount had way back in the day (Magilla remembers), that would be awesome. My father and I would be down there with our Agitators in a heartbeat. And if a 1/12 class showed up, I'd get one of those too. A banked carpet oval/roadcourse would be cool, but then you couldn't have dirt offroad.

If there is carpet in the future, a giant wall between the 2 tracks would keep almost all the dust in the offroad side. Simple idea, giant undertaking though...

As long as gas and electric aren't ran on the same night, practice time kept separate as well, and there's a 4wd class, I'll most likely be there. pretty simple. (ROAR insurance? ridiculous. use your eyes and you won't get hit...)

Goodluck, RevDupraceway. San Diego is a tough place. Too many empty heads here.

Oh, and remember, if you don't agree, Just ignore me. It's that simple. Or go to your mother and keep it off the forums because it makes you look like a baby and it's ridiculous, especially when some people on here get so worked up that they say some really harsh things that may cause them to get tracked down by the person they flamed. Who was that guy on the FHR thread about 1.5/2years ago that EVERYONE used to fight with that always told me to meet him at the track in National City and then would never show up? I forget....
Old 03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just found an answer to my 1/8 on turf. Must work well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HmkI0u1Qt9Q
Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow...tough crowd. The threats and keyboard intimidation tactics are awesome. Lame.

I say build what you want and not based of what one person recommends.If you have a solid plan,the racers will come.You can't please everyone and their personal needs so look at what there is a need for.Good luck.I am moving to the area in the future.Hope it works out!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good luck with 1/10 scale off road. what is there 8 people in here that are all about 1/10 scale? IMO your making a mistake but you'll learn. good luck I think its more about people coming in here upset that you might steal business from FHR.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

nicker i hope you feel like an idiot
Old 03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicker619
Good luck with 1/10 scale off road. what is there 8 people in here that are all about 1/10 scale? IMO your making a mistake but you'll learn. good luck I think its more about people coming in here upset that you might steal business from FHR.
Who are you and what do you race? What kind of experance do you actually have? How long have you been in San Diego?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

I think RevDupraceway is making the right choice. I personally know several people who will be getting back into the electric scene once this track opens...and they don't race anything currently. I for one have been waiting for somewhere to finally race 1/10 electric off-road. I also think it is great that he is actually listening to us racers. The thing that I can't understand is all of the negativity.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HVAC25000
Just found an answer to my 1/8 on turf. Must work well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HmkI0u1Qt9Q
The grass track is popular in europe. You can hear the guy talking with the english accent. Looks like grass has a ton of traction and i bet its super easy on tires.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by JoelNavarro; 03-08-2008 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RCTEN.
and what are you talking about when you say "we need a nice drivers stand and pits" i don't know what track you've been racing at but borona's got a pretty dialed drivers stand,, i'm pretty sure it cost's at least a cuple grand,,, and pit lane is pretty awesome too,, do you know how much work that must have been to get those freeway mediums up there?
soo,,,,
u can pick up a decent used storage container for around a grand, and being that the one used is old, rusted, and feels as if u are gonna fall through it unless u walk in a specific area, i would think it was a little cheaper.as for the railling, could have been donated or found left over from a someones job.so if u want to see a "dialed" drivers stand, take a gander at ARC. the pit lane on the track side is decent, but it would be nice to not have to walk on top of wood planks and stuff so that u can get over the giant puddles and mud to get to the pit wall. the freeway mediums might have cost a little bit, but most likely were already up there and left over from the race track itself.

just my .02 dont get me wrong, i have raced up there and plan on doing so in the future, and appreciate that there is a place to do so, but there is some improvements that can be made to make it a bit nicer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.