Wiki Posts
Search

New Carpet Track - Woodville Mall - Toledo Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default New Carpet Track - Woodville Mall - Toledo Ohio

A joint effort will be opening a new carpet track at the Woodville Mall in Toledo Ohio. The "joint" effort is Revolution Racing, Outlaw Hobbies, and a private interest (who I'm not sure wants named). The estimated opening date is the beginning of October. The track will race 1/18th, 1/12th, and 1/10th on-road, and maybe some off-road if there is enough interest. The exact schedule has not yet been determined. The scoring system is AMBrc with JLap Pro. As more details become available, I will post them here, or feel free to email or PM me. Below is the flyer, as it is now....

Old 09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This makes me a happy camper!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This is awsome!
Humm maybe an address to the woodville mall?
incase people do not know where it is located?

Woodville Mall
3725 Williston Rd
Northwood, OH 43619-2053

Williston Rd. is also called Rt 579
and the road infront of the woodville mall is Woodville rd. also Rt 51

So you would run up or down I-280 which ever way you car coming from.
Get off at the woodville Rd Rt51 exit and go East.
Williston Rd. is about 1-3 miles down the road. when you are at that intersection look off the the left. THATS THE MALL.

Cya there
Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Are you guys using the same space that used to be occupied by Halo Hobbies, or are you somewhere else in the mall?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Are you guys using the same space that used to be occupied by Halo Hobbies, or are you somewhere else in the mall?

Same location in the mall.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:32 AM
jem
Tech Rookie

Latest flyer for the Woodville venue

Judi Brown
Revolution Racing RC Club Secretary, Website & Forum Admin
Old 09-19-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Great to hear something is going in there again.

Is there going to be a tire truer for all to use there?

Also will the hobbyshop be stocked for the opening day of practice? Need to get a few things and will throw business that way if you have what I need!

Hopefully the atmosphere be a laid back fun type for all to enjoy. So many tracks I goto now a days are diehard almost cut throat racing. I would like to run like I used to in the early 90's.

If help is needed just post and I am sure some of us around the area will lend a hand.

Need an extra monitor to show results in t he pits - if you have that capability?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

I'm not sure on the truer yet, but we are working on a couple of options.

The hobby store may be a little light at first, until he gets an idea of what people are running and needing, but he's told us that he will do his very best to support the racers.

We strive to provide a fun, laid back atmosphere. It doesn't always work, but that's the goal. Drama just seems to exist no matter what....
Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Well it sounds like plans are in good condition and things are moving forward.

Now it states on this board or hobbytalk about practice starts Oct 1 - does that mean the track will be open every day for either racing or practice? Sure this will be on the schedule but thought I would ask.

That would be cool kinds like Josh had with Halo.

I will help out whatever way I can for you guys. I am a good distance away but would like to see it be successful and give me a better opportunity to run carpet compared to going to Cleveland's track.

I know you will have at least 2 of us from our area - Sandusky - Norwalk that will be coming up to support the track. Maybe another if I can get him into it.

I would post any progress pics you guys can take to give all an idea of what is going into the track and all associated with it. Sorry - the engineer in me talking and writing.

Also where is Outlaw Hobbies located and do they currently carry any indoor stuff?

Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Construction is still going strong, Painting is progressing & the electrical is in progress & The carpet will be put down this week ( by a union carpet layer!!! )
Old 09-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Track Opening Update!

The opening day looks like it will be October 6th or 7th. The club that owns the scoring system has an outdoor offroad race that weekend, so the indoor will be practice only, with no scoring system. The first race should be the weekend of the 13th/14th. The regular practice/race schedule will be announced in the next few days.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 10-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Will there be practice this weekend? Kinda planning around that event if not I know I have stuff to do.

Update when someone can?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

The track will be open for practice this Sunday, 10/7. The doors will open at 11am.

After that, it looks like the schedule will be practice Wednesday & Friday (5pm - 9pm), off road racing Saturday (time TBD), and on road racing Sunday (doors will probably open at 9am). We will start this schedule on Wednesday 10/10. If we see that we need to make adjustments to this schedule, that is an option.

There are pit spaces for about 45 people, but we have space for more when that becomes necessary. Please bring your own chair.

See you there.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

All,

Track is great, the layout is very nice and once they get the track all finished up it will be a high caliber racing venue. Lots of light, pit spaces and big arse TV!

Glad to meet Tim and Tony! A good group of guys.

Ran a little 1/12 scale and other tc and the track settle in very nice for being new carpet.

Recommend all to go out and check it out. Would bring some spare parts until the hobbyshop is going strong.

I hear they have some cool events and promotions coming that should draw in new racers and area racers.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think that this WED. and FRI will be practice nights also. I hope my parts are here for the weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.