Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ON A MISSION
False alarm ! Same layout ....
me, mason and pres will be at rev if anyone wants to join us. there IS a new layout there!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i would be at ARC if i didn't have to work maybe next week.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I may cruise out next weekend if there is a new layout. Gunna hit up Rev today. Its been a LONG time being out there.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys
im want to give racing a shot this summer at arc
id want to enter in the 4wd SC class
im gonna pick up a jammin scrt10

questions...
what are the regulations for the class? how strict is it?
is there somewhere i can read about the regulations?

i was planning on running a SW4600 system on 2s
i know there are more ideal setups but im kinda using what i got to save some cash

thanks in advanced
hopefully i see some of you out there this summer
Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dirtfreak89
hey guys
im want to give racing a shot this summer at arc
id want to enter in the 4wd SC class
im gonna pick up a jammin scrt10

questions...
what are the regulations for the class? how strict is it?
is there somewhere i can read about the regulations?

i was planning on running a SW4600 system on 2s
i know there are more ideal setups but im kinda using what i got to save some cash

thanks in advanced
hopefully i see some of you out there this summer
there are three people that have 4wd sc's but they dont race them. arc doest really have rules do to lack of class. lol
Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Why no Short Course Racing at ARC?

Why is it that at pretty much every other track in the country (indoor and ourtdoor) short course racing is HUGE and there is nothing--nada--zilch at ARC?

I don't get it. ARC is such a great track, great people and I always had fun when I raced there, but I just don't understand why we can't we get a consistent turn out for SC racing?

Any ideas / suggestions
Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Well, Like I said before............Awwwww nevermind!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jnlisa
Why is it that at pretty much every other track in the country (indoor and ourtdoor) short course racing is HUGE and there is nothing--nada--zilch at ARC?

I don't get it. ARC is such a great track, great people and I always had fun when I raced there, but I just don't understand why we can't we get a consistent turn out for SC racing?

Any ideas / suggestions
That is a great question and one that we talk about all the time. Turnouts are getting smaller and smaller not just at ARC...but at most 1/8 scale tracks. I think that short course racing is the best way to build your attendance for all classes. How else can someone get into R/C racing for as little as $200?? I think Short Course is a great class all by itself but I am sure that some of those new racers would want to step up to the 1/8 also. I would like to get one just to race as another class along with my 1/8 scale car. I think that nobody comes out to race them at ARC because they aren't promoted at all....HINT HINT.....ARC....HINT.....PROMOTE A SHORT COURSE RACE AND MORE PEOPLE WILL SHOW UP.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are probably atleast 2 s/c trucks sold in so cal everyday. Where are these guys racing? I know. It comes down to these guys not knowing about arc(more fliers at all local hobby shops}and then if these guys show up to ARC to race their s/c trucks having to buy a transponder to race. If these guys are going to continue in our hobby they atleast need to get to try it out for a night. If the s/c guys show up they can have a class just for guys that dont have transponders and just run for time, no hand count, just let them run for 5 minutes and the leader at the end wins. That is how they race at home or at their local backyard nationals races. Never turn away racers.......ever. These guys will be so happy that pretty soon you have 30 new racers that are looking at buying your old 1/8th cars and trucks...........Have fun and race what you have
Old 03-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tech5
There are probably atleast 2 s/c trucks sold in so cal everyday. Where are these guys racing? I know. It comes down to these guys not knowing about arc(more fliers at all local hobby shops}and then if these guys show up to ARC to race their s/c trucks having to buy a transponder to race. If these guys are going to continue in our hobby they atleast need to get to try it out for a night. If the s/c guys show up they can have a class just for guys that dont have transponders and just run for time, no hand count, just let them run for 5 minutes and the leader at the end wins. That is how they race at home or at their local backyard nationals races. Never turn away racers.......ever. These guys will be so happy that pretty soon you have 30 new racers that are looking at buying your old 1/8th cars and trucks...........Have fun and race what you have
dan was talking to me about running electric classes on wednesday nights
Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I feel the SC pain. Haven't ran mine in almost a year. Would love to get something going before it is to late.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dont give up on s/c yet Vince!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default nice

Originally Posted by trackstarlosi
dan was talking to me about running electric classes on wednesday nights
That would be cool to run electric on wednesdays and have practice on thursday nights . ALL i know is we need a consistent track change more than twice a year . What up Mike Davis !! The original Big time !!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ON A MISSION
That would be cool to run electric on wednesdays and have practice on thursday nights . ALL i know is we need a consistent track change more than twice a year . What up Mike Davis !! The original Big time !!
are you going to arc this weekend? we are either going to rev for losi series or arc. let me know.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnlisa

Any ideas / suggestions
Dont blame Arc. stop complaining. Just go to those tracks were you said they run. end of story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.