Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I didn't here anyone push off parts at Rev. yesterday at the JBRL race but I'll keep an ear on it.

DJ
Ofna Racing
Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

That is pretty Lame. I can't believe that crap. No one can ever have something nice without someone trying to mess it up or take it...
Old 10-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow! That Really Sux!! One thing I cannot stand, is a thief! I have no sympathy for someone that gets nailed for this kinda of stuff. Personally, I could stand there and watch the person get thier hands cut off, and be cool with it, and maybe even munch on a hotdog.

People work hard for thier stuff, and for some idiot to think that he can just walk off with someone elses stuff, just burns me up!

Im sure some of the stuff will end up being offered to some of us at some point, so keep an eye/ear out. Then kick thier teeth in!

Too bad for Dan. He has been great guy, and seems to try to do the best he can for all the racers. This is bad for everyone.

Sorry to here about this Dan! We will be keep an ear out for this stuff.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What a bummer

Does anyone know if they will still be open for practice on Wednesday?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by teknorc
What a bummer

Does anyone know if they will still be open for practice on Wednesday?
Good question. I know Pres, and I, were planning on hitting it up.

Any inside info?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Does Dan have the invetory parts list with barcode numbers, package numbers, etc?? in case someone selling it here or ebay? we can track em down!

I will post the attention news on most threads.. this is a fuck up shit! I doubt that its someone who has been racing there, its possibe someone has been offroading around that area at late night. I used to do that when i was younger, I highly believe that it could be someone who visited the track on a race day whenever the shop was open, and they see what they wanted.. but shit, what do we need now? a armor steel building?? ah..
Old 10-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Ugly for sure. I was and am still part owner of HighPower Hobby and my worst fear was a robbery and or a break in.....has not happened YET.
My building has lazer sensors on the roof and live internet cameras all over the place. The cameras identified a few punk vandals who were prosecuted and the parents paid many dollars for building and window damage. Point is nothing is safe, so extreme measures must be taken...I am usually armed in the shop.....California law allows for this as a retail cash business, Every business in the strip center is armed as a matter of fact.

At night the shop is the only business open...feel like a sitting duck sometimes. Dan's trailor seems like it is also in a precarious situation.Cameras are the only solution. With economy getting worse every day people are getting desperate. I just heard yesterday that Orange county leads the nation in Bank Robberies for a county ...143 to date this year..up from 80 from this point last year. Average take from a bank robbery is $1000.00 low risk reward! A hobby shop is a better bet!

I certainly hope the criminal is caught and prosecuted.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

FYI, I heard from Dan that the track will be open tomorrow for practice.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thopper
Ugly for sure. I was and am still part owner of HighPower Hobby and my worst fear was a robbery and or a break in.....has not happened YET.
My building has lazer sensors on the roof and live internet cameras all over the place. The cameras identified a few punk vandals who were prosecuted and the parents paid many dollars for building and window damage. Point is nothing is safe, so extreme measures must be taken...I am usually armed in the shop.....California law allows for this as a retail cash business, Every business in the strip center is armed as a matter of fact.

At night the shop is the only business open...feel like a sitting duck sometimes. Dan's trailor seems like it is also in a precarious situation.Cameras are the only solution. With economy getting worse every day people are getting desperate. I just heard yesterday that Orange county leads the nation in Bank Robberies for a county ...143 to date this year..up from 80 from this point last year. Average take from a bank robbery is $1000.00 low risk reward! A hobby shop is a better bet!

I certainly hope the criminal is caught and prosecuted.
Yeah I am suprised about the high power shop has not been robbed that much. I live right few blocks south of it, i know this area.. it can be ugly and bad, but that shop, i never seen any break in.. also the bike shop up few doors from high power hobby.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well I went to the track today for practice and it was pretty sad.

The trailer that was broken in to was a bit of a mystery. It seems that the window that was opened/broken, had bars over it and they were still in tact when Dan got there to find the damage. They had been pryed back a bit, but only a small amount (about 4-5 inches of room MAX). There are two doors on this trailer that have deadbolts that weren't touched and metal bars closed over the doors W/padlocks in tact, making it impossible for the thief to use as an exit.

HOW DID HE GET THE KITS AND GALLONS OF FUEL OUT OF THIS TRAILER?

There is quite a mystery here.

On another note...

Dirty Dez Pirate: You have mentioned that you could have access to a tractor.

If this is still a possibility, it would be a great help to Dan.

He is aiming to get the track ready for this weekend and could really use the help of this equipment on Friday. As long as it can be done hassle free, you should contact him and let him know the details. His number is 951-760-4573.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hey everyone, i didn't see anything posted over in the off-road section of this forum concerning our recent tragedy (theft); basically giving every1 a heads and to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. I would appreciate it if you guys help me keep it on top of the list (at least for a lil while) by posting your comments. thanks. i thought about posting up over on the for sale/trade section, but if you ever posted there, it takes about a day to get on the 5th page. it would be hard to keep it on the top.

DirtyDezPirate if you are out there, we would like to see if you can come thru with a dozer so we can prep for this weekend. thanks again.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

I have been checking locally and cannot believe this has happend to Dan. I will help out as much as I can to make sure that we get this fixed and Dan can get back to making ARC the "Only place to Race"!!!!! As far as I know there is still racing this weekend at ARC. Maybe we could have a charity auction for Dan to try to help out with monetary issues this may have caused. I know I can Donate some things to the auction as well as having my wife provide some baked items to sell at the snack shack? Let me know if you think this is a good idea. Talk to you guys soon.

Last edited by tech5; 10-23-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tech5
Maybe we could have a charity auction for Dan to try to help out with monetary issues this may have caused. I know I can Donate some things to the auction as well as having my wife provide some baked items to sell at the snack shack? Let me know if you think this is a good idea. Talk to you guys soon.
This is a pretty good idea there buddy! Personally I dont have a bunch to donate to an auction, since I sold my soul on Ebay, but I am always looking to BUY!!

Oh yeah, and snacks are always good!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Rookie

My Tractor is back from being out on rental and available with operator for 65.00 an Hour. Mike Davis
Old 10-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

I talked to Dan yesterday and here are some of the items the POS stole....
-Losi extended chassis (new style)
-Dynamite Chargers
-Losi Starter Boxes
-Ofna Starter Boxes
-Dynamite Tools
-3 Mini T Kits
-Black Dodge Raminator
-Losi Fuel Guns
-Ofna ball bearing car stands
-KO Radio, Servos, Crystals (Dan's personal radio)
-Several sets of tires
-Glow Plugs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.