Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC racing in eastern Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default RC racing in eastern Connecticut

I'm new to CT and looking for places to race in eastern CT or Rhode Island, I have been to RC Madness but it is about an hour from my house, anyone know of any place closer? Also, I will be building a decent track at my house this spring and would love to race others on it, I currently have a RC10T4 and will have a RC10B44 before long once I sell my RC18T. Let's get some racing going in eastern CT.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm a CT. resident myself, and their really isn't much in eastern CT. Especially for electric truck.

Check to see how far away R/C excitement is away from you in Fitchburg Ma.
www.rcexcitement.com, they have a really nice facility.

You might try checking other Massachusetts' tracks to see if any of them are closer, you can find alot of tracks on Pro-line Racing's website. http://www.pro-lineracing.com/proline.html, use the track directory link on the left menu.

You also have Wolcott Hobbies in Wolcott, CT. (www.wolcotthobby.com)

And I'm opening up an indoor off-road electric track in Waterbury (probably late december/early January) called Radio Control Hobbies and Raceway.

Good Luck

Mark Westerfield
Old 12-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Mark, thanks for the reply, unfortunately all of those places are even a little farther than RC Madness including Waterbury, but it's good to see that there are new tracks in the makings for the hobby. Do you know if there are a lot of people that make the 1+ hour drive to race every weekend? I guess my drive to the track in MI wasn't much shorter. Good luck on the new track, do you know if you'll be running 1/10 stadium or 4wd buggy yet? I'm sure I'll make the drive at least a few times a year to check out your track then.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry about the one giant paragraph reply, should have broken that up.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

copied from scrubbs post about his upcoming track. This should answer your questions about classes that he would like to see run.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be pushing 2wd Buggy with 10.5 brushless and 7.4v lipo batteries to be the popular class.

Here is what I would like to see run.

1. Sportsman (novice w/silver can motor) – race entry fee $5.00, 5 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy, 2wd Truck, and 4wd Buggy will run together.

2. Amateur (19 brushed/10.5 brushless) – race entry fee $10.00, 8 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy and Truck run together, 4wd Buggy in an individual heat.

3. Professional (open modified) – race entry fee $15.00, 8 minute qualifiers and main events, 2wd Buggy, 2wd Truck and 4wd Buggy each have an individual heat.

Nothing is set in stone as of yet though

We are going to try keeping the track layouts for at least six months. There will be gift certificates to the racers who post the fastest official (qualifier or main event) race time and fastest individual lap for each track layout in the amateur and professional classes.

Mark
Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
I'm new to CT and looking for places to race in eastern CT or Rhode Island, I have been to RC Madness but it is about an hour from my house, anyone know of any place closer? Also, I will be building a decent track at my house this spring and would love to race others on it, I currently have a RC10T4 and will have a RC10B44 before long once I sell my RC18T. Let's get some racing going in eastern CT.

Where in CT are you from? I am from Clinton CT, which is sort of on the eastern side. Madness and Wolcott are both about a hour from my house as well. There is also speedzone hobbies in Rocky Hill, which is about 40 minutes away.

-chris
Old 12-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

I'm from eastern CT just north of Norwich. Rocky Hill and RC Madness are both about an hour from me (less if I have a heavy foot that day) and the new hobby store is about the same distance too, which I do plan on visiting, sounds like a place I used to practice at in Michigan, Dirt Burners RC, used to be a pretty popular track. I actually work in Clinton thought so I may head to RC Madness on Friday nights to race my T4 after the holidays, but we'll see.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

oops, I mean I work in Clinton THOUGH
Old 12-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

cool. let me know if you build a track...i would def check it out. Yeah, I wish there was a place closer to the east side too, but i guess an hour isn't too bad. I guess you will have to make a track!

Also, I was just in branford hobbies the other day and they said they were going to start racing Kyosho 1/8 on-road GT's in the parking lot starting in the spring. Branford is close to Clinton.

Wolcott has the only indoor dirt for right now until the track in waterbury opens. They race on friday nights and sundays.

-chris
Old 12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

i'm in the same boat as you and wolcott is 50 min also from me off of 84. need to find a local (ie 1/2 hour or less) away
Old 01-07-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Racer in Coventry looking for a track.

I just moved to Coventry, CT from Ohio where I was actively involved in racing my REVO. Anyone else live near Coventry and want to talk about racing together or maybe even building a track. This area is desperate for an offroad Nitro program and Enfield is too far for me to drive every weekend.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Dang, I travel 50+ minutes twice a week to Wolcott to race.

If everyone had a local track less than 30 minutes away from their own home, they would all go out of business trying to outdo each other and fighting for customers.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

it was 2 hours before i moved to trumbull lol so i guess 1 hour isint bad lol
Old 01-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Coventry is about 18 miles from where I am and I might build a track in my backyard, going to take measurements this weekend for available space. I don't have nitros anymore. I'm just getting back into the hobby and have been focusing mainly on all of the new electric technology (brushless, lipos), but I'll race with the nitros, these brushless motors w/ lipos are fast!

By the way I have a RC18T converted to 18R, B44, T4 and the new E-maxx just for fun and totally stock (not so fast).

If anyone in Eastern CT is interested in meeting up and bashing in a parking lot or whatever let me know.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

i live in ct 2 itd be sweet to build a track id love 2 help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.