Wiki Posts
Search

RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Hi , we are a small group of Filipinos with the same interest in rc, here in the middle east.

There is a huge ground here, used as an airstrip before. Now they are flying radio controlled airplanes and helicopters there. We have the permission to put up our own rc track, for those who have rc cars.

We started by just putting wood barriers and create a small track to generate some interest with the locals here. Hopefully more people will join us in this hobby. Cheers....

To contact the group .... pls. email to [email protected]

Pro4 video
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fVCR5j...e=user&search=
Attached Thumbnails RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-gen-elmer-william-angel-norman-kid_2404.jpg   RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-norman-gen-william_2401.jpg   RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-norman-william-gen_2403.jpg   RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-rc_2400.jpg   RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-william-norman_2402.jpg  

Last edited by grizzle; 08-04-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default come and join us,

roland,
good job sir, least we can do right now is to invite those people in the eastern province to join us and race with us and have fun fun fun fun, next week we will paint the race track, we have lot of plans on this track so every body come and join us every friday, we will organize a race very soon,
Old 08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Default fun race

dacz,

Maybe we can ask our local hobby shop in Khobar, exclusive distributor of Tamiya to sponsor the race and donate some prizes, he, he, he. Gen knows the owner well, maybe he can help us. Let's hope our group get bigger.

We are inviting everybody in the middle east who are interested in the rc hobby to visit the rc club and join us in the fun every Friday afternoon. Cheers...

This is the link to the official rc club.
www.epflying.org

Last edited by grizzle; 08-04-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default rc racer

grizzle.
good to hear that sir,lets set a meeting with that hobby shop owner and present him some pictures of the tracks with player on it or short video to convince him for race sponsorship.

SO EVERYBODY PREPARE YOUR KITS AND LETS HAVE PRACTICE ON FIDAY AFTERNOON LETS HAVE FUN FUN FUN FUN
Old 08-05-2007, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Default players

Will see this coming Friday if the turn out will be good. Will ask the local rc players if they are interested in a fun race and will set a date, probably during the cool season....

At the moment will just show them how to play on the rc track.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default rc racer

grizzle,
okay sir lets play friday with the usual 5 min. races which is standard, if we will have quorum at least 5 players i will time and score guys so that we could improve our skill, if you have timer please bring it on friday oki
Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default congrats mga kabayan

hwowowee! finally you guys started something that would surely promote the hobby. i hate to admit it, but your race track has a better surface compared to ours here in the KSA central region. ours is set-up on a parking lot on a permanent (hopefully) basis, but the asphalt's pretty beaten up so some spots could either be slippery or bumpy

regards
ricky
riyadh, ksa
Old 08-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default rc racers

ricky,
we will apdate you on the development of the track lots of plan comming, we hope that we grew like in the QCRCCC with the help of our kababayan's which also rc lovers like us, tracks is so smooth coz its abandoned air strip or I think its helipad, just keep in tuch dre have fun fun fun and more race
Old 08-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Default rc track development

Guys, we have a go ahead from the r/c club coordinator to develop the rc track as necessary ....

" With regard to your question, the field belongs to the ministry of defense. However, the club got the permission to utilize it at any way we see it appropriate. Therefore, if you want to bring your truck and equipment, you are most welcome. However, you need to know that if you leave them there, they may get stolen if not secured properly."

if we get more people involve in rc car racing, we will organize a formal club under the umbrella of "Saudi Aviation Club Eastern Province", depending on their approval .... Cheers
Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default rc racers

guys,
yeheeey , good to hear that grizzle, RC CLUB is very supportive guyz, maybe we should sit and talk about this guyz on friday and so that we can plan ahead, Thanks RC CLUB
Old 08-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Newbie

Hi, nice to see a group of Filipino RC enthusiasts here in Saudi. I would've wanted to join you guys sana kaso I'm stuck here in Yanbu... on the western coast of KSA. I'm a newbie just trying to get back into the hobby (I tried to get into the hobby when I was in grade 6 or 7 kaso bitin allowance). Just got me an old electric kit still unassembled... a Tamiya FF01 Civic from Jeddah a couple of weeks ago. Kaso I wasn't able to get me the controllers and battery. What they had were Sanwa stick controllers in which I would have preferred the gun / trigger type controllers. Wala rin available na battery charger that time. So car lang nabili ko.

Do you guys know of a group of RC enthusiasts based here in Yanbu? Or maybe a nearby hobbyshop din?

Anyway, more power to you guys.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Default FF01

Hi, If you can go to Riyadh, there is a hobby shop there, they sell good kits. or you can go online shopping. PM me for more info.

Anyway better preserve your Civic FF01, it is collectible item now. Buy the latest kit if possible ..... Cheers
Old 08-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Track Location

A little bit of direction, where the rc track is located.
Attached Thumbnails RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-eprcracetrack01.jpg   RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-eprcracetrack02.jpg   RC Club Eastern Province, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-eprcracetrack03.jpg  
Old 08-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Default RC Club

Why join an rc club ....
http://www.innoarticles.com/v/402570/Join+An+Rc+Club
Old 08-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by grizzle
Hi, If you can go to Riyadh, there is a hobby shop there, they sell good kits. or you can go online shopping. PM me for more info.

Anyway better preserve your Civic FF01, it is collectible item now. Buy the latest kit if possible ..... Cheers
Thanks grizzle. BTW, by what you said to "preserve" the kit, does it mean to keep it untouched and unassembled inside the box? Or is it okay to assemble it and just keep it well maintained and pristine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.