Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I dont want this to blow up, but have any of you tried a 21.5 in the spec class. The speed is actually the exact same, with the exception of the sc10, its faster. It seems that having a more equal comparison brushless would make the hobby better. Right now 21.5 is allowed in spec sct here in Richfield and it is very very comparable. We have tried multiple motors with multiple esc's with equal success.

What do you guys think? Good or Bad, I just was looking for some other track mates input. I know there are many who say no way and thats cool. Just let me know your thoughts.

Also, April 2nd we are having our second enduro, you guys are welcome to join, its our last race of the season. This time there is no battery limit, and there is allowed one back up truck. Racing starts at 7:00pm Friday. Hope some can make it.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default more clearly

I do like the fact that sct racers have to use stock sct tires....saves a ton of money. But I can't understand why race companies are offering so many versions of the same vehicle. It's going to take what could be one big class at club races and break it up into 3,4 or maybe 5 classe which will include maybe 3 racers in each. It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
I do like the fact that sct racers have to use stock sct tires....saves a ton of money. But I can't understand why race companies are offering so many versions of the same vehicle. It's going to take what could be one big class at club races and break it up into 3,4 or maybe 5 classe which will include maybe 3 racers in each. It doesn't make sense to me.
mike,
people always want to argue about something...you and i both know this.i agree for the people who are arguing about it.if you want to make your truck bling and go fast buy a damn stadium truck...lol

when sct first came out it was kinda kool..kinda like the altoona tt01 days.alot of people got into it and there was alot of fun involved.as far as companies making different versions of there shite...well they are only making them stronger/less breakable.which brings into the rule change of you can make your truck stronger...just not faster or no tuning options to make it handle better.
as far as bl goes.i do like the idea...you will spend alot less on motors.and have more fun in running and not worrying whether your motor will be as fast from the previous week.
i put a 21.5 in my blitz this past weekend at richfield...and to me i had one of the more slower trucks out there.....aaron had a 21.5 in his truck and he was faster speed wise than mine.i gotta do better on gearing or whatever.but there were othwer drivers out there that had more rip than him.
but i think there alot of people blowing it out of perportion.
i know alot of guys do want to run mod sct...and there was a big class of them at crcrc race...but i think the majority of people around here just want to stay stock with it....but you will all soon see that a 21.5 bl is slower than the stock electronics...so i see no need into complaining about them running together.i know some people might say they dont want to spend a little under 2 hundred on a bl system...well by the time they spend money all summer keeping up with strong brushed motors..and the guy running bl hasnt spent no money...well do the math...i was getting 2-3 weeks of good motor performance with a stocker brushed motor in my sct trucks,and i had 3 different makes at once...so if i were to stay running sct i would most definately want to stay running bl.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think Short Course is starting to get a bit too serious. It was great at first when it was a grass roots way to race something that you never would otherwise. But now that all the manufacturers have starting pumping out new trucks and parts on a weekly basis its almost impossible to regulate.

I found some simple and easy to understand rules on Short Course trucks at Carolinas RC:

http://www.carolinasrc.com/forum/for...ck-class-rules
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just give the tired motors a little ZAP and you will be back in business...

Solution...Just go NITRO!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Who is this OSR guy...what experience do you have in RC?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

OSR...what's you gearing...spur/pinion...your diffs are 4.3 right
Old 03-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

I ZAPPED back in the late 80's early 90's...big difference...Brushless would be cheaper unless you knew someone with a zapper
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lovell
I ZAPPED back in the late 80's early 90's...big difference...Brushless would be cheaper unless you knew someone with a zapper
That was something that I always wanted to get back in the day.but they were so much money to buy.lol but I do agree that brushless would be cheaper in the long run.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
I think Short Course is starting to get a bit too serious. It was great at first when it was a grass roots way to race something that you never would otherwise. But now that all the manufacturers have starting pumping out new trucks and parts on a weekly basis its almost impossible to regulate.

I found some simple and easy to understand rules on Short Course trucks at Carolinas RC:

http://www.carolinasrc.com/forum/for...ck-class-rules
Hard to regulate...yes! Too serious? Hard to laugh at 5 times more racers in sct than any other class at most big electric races in the area. I do agree, with all the changes constantly it will die like mod truck in a couple years at this pace.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Hard to regulate...yes! Too serious? Hard to laugh at 5 times more racers in sct than any other class at most big electric races in the area. I do agree, with all the changes constantly it will die like mod truck in a couple years at this pace.
Ed,
I was just reading over those rules.and I think bumps has better rules for sct than that place does.basically there you have to run the truck out the box.I know they talked about running 17.5 with the stock electronics.I say keep it simple for that track.I know there are going to be people wanting to run bl including myselfthe track owner might have to overveiw the speed differences between say a 17.5 and a 21.5. Go from there.run the same tires that you got in the kit.and as i said before you can make your truck stronger.just not faster.and you can run a stock lid for your sct or run a lid that was made for the brand of your truck....no bug bodies though.I would like to see these rules stay simple.it does make it easier for people that want to et into the hobby.could also do what bumps does and have basically a begginers class.and a pro class.this way the new drivers army running with the guys that are really fast.maybe rob can get on here and give his thoughts on the brushless topic.he has finall say anyways.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Moore
Cool are we allowed to switch esc and servos and tires from other trucks. Seems like Pit Stop, Family Hobbies, G's Raceway are all following these rules. Would be nice if all the local tracks have around the same rules so we can all run from one track to the next. Just asking. Whatever the rules are I will race by.
Thanks for the compliment. Did you sell your Blitz you had?

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 03-23-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

SCT Rules

Last edited by Bob Moore; 03-23-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:52 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Not an Arguement

Originally Posted by morris
mike,
people always want to argue about something...you and i both know this.i agree for the people who are arguing about it.if you want to make your truck bling and go fast buy a damn stadium truck...lol

when sct first came out it was kinda kool..kinda like the altoona tt01 days.alot of people got into it and there was alot of fun involved.as far as companies making different versions of there shite...well they are only making them stronger/less breakable.which brings into the rule change of you can make your truck stronger...just not faster or no tuning options to make it handle better.
as far as bl goes.i do like the idea...you will spend alot less on motors.and have more fun in running and not worrying whether your motor will be as fast from the previous week.
i put a 21.5 in my blitz this past weekend at richfield...and to me i had one of the more slower trucks out there.....aaron had a 21.5 in his truck and he was faster speed wise than mine.i gotta do better on gearing or whatever.but there were othwer drivers out there that had more rip than him.
but i think there alot of people blowing it out of perportion.
i know alot of guys do want to run mod sct...and there was a big class of them at crcrc race...but i think the majority of people around here just want to stay stock with it....but you will all soon see that a 21.5 bl is slower than the stock electronics...so i see no need into complaining about them running together.i know some people might say they dont want to spend a little under 2 hundred on a bl system...well by the time they spend money all summer keeping up with strong brushed motors..and the guy running bl hasnt spent no money...well do the math...i was getting 2-3 weeks of good motor performance with a stocker brushed motor in my sct trucks,and i had 3 different makes at once...so if i were to stay running sct i would most definately want to stay running bl.
I just don't understand why something that could be so simple,i.e.(stock motor or mod motor) is turning into something that is going to for sure be a nightmare for track owners. Ed told me that when he was at Motorama they held up the event for 10 min or so to vote on a sct rule. I do like the fact that it saves money and will bring some first timers to the track to race. But the maufactures are destroying the entry level idea. Look at it this way, there is no need to make you product stronger unless there are plans in the works to make it faster...you gettin what I'm saying?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hard to laugh at 5 times more racers in sct than any other class at most big electric races in the area.
Motorama was an eye-opeing experience. Almost 100 people travelled, stayed overnight, probably spending $300-$500 in the process but refuse to spend more than on their $200 car. And then they couldnt agree on what to do with 17.5 trucks when they got there.

With all this traveling and $$$$$ being spent on Short Course it would be nice if the persons involved can start agreeing on what the rules should be.

Whether is Carolina RC or Bumps it doesnt matter to me; just as long as we can find a way to stop Short Course rules debates from interfereing with race days and forums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.