Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hmm

Originally Posted by morris
there are alot of aftermarket parts being made for all sct trucks. i think that if it was made for an sct truck it should be alllowed...

like the losi strike...there dogbones suck...so mip jumped on making good replacement ones...allowed to use at bumps also...aaron at richfield says it like this...if they make it strickly for the sct its legal there.
I disagree with that 1st part, if that were the case it would be "sct mod" and take the cheapness out of the class.

I think the axle thing in the losi strike, is just like the shock caps on the slash, and agree that mips should be allowed for the strike due to that problem, just as the slashes are allowed to have the aluminum shockcaps due to every jump blowing out a stocker lol.
this is what bumps and most tracks follow.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
I disagree with that 1st part, if that were the case it would be "sct mod" and take the cheapness out of the class.

I think the axle thing in the losi strike, is just like the shock caps on the slash, and agree that mips should be allowed for the strike due to that problem, just as the slashes are allowed to have the aluminum shockcaps due to every jump blowing out a stocker lol.
this is what bumps and most tracks follow.
Great post! I was under the impression that this was a done deal 2 months ago when the rules for sct were put up on the site?

No problem with RPM stuff. other than the hub carriers on the slash its overkill anyway. I have never broke a arm yet. Yes wore a few out on the shock mount area but never broke. The if they make it use it deal is not good,I would like to put good shocks on my truck but to keep within the great set of rules that bumps has and we have[I think are in place]] that is not feasable. It took a while to get a good set of rules in place that we all could follow with rtr as it comes, rtr specific on tires. With the exception of slash shock caps and losi needing cvd's. If those rules are not good,I guess go mod sct.lol!...JMHO!

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 02-14-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KARO
I don't see any problem with using the RPM parts. But we should probably stick the same rules as other local tracks. I don't want to be switching arms if I decide to go to another track.

Brian - I will help you out and we should pit near each other anyways to work on setup (but how much setup is there on a slash). My friend will probably help with marshalling too...we're only running one class and should have free time.
Thanks Sam. Yes we will do that..You would be surprised what shock oil and gear,slipper do for a slash. You can feel the changes...
Old 02-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Great post! I was under the impression that this was a done deal 2 months ago when the rules for sct were put up on the site?

No problem with RPM stuff. other than the hub carriers on the slash its overkill anyway. I have never broke a arm yet. Yes wore a few out on the shock mount area but never broke. The if they make it use it deal is not good,I would like to put good shocks on my truck but to keep within the great set of rules that bumps has and we have[I think are in place]] that is not feasable. It took a while to get a good set of rules in place that we all could follow with rtr as it comes, rtr specific on tires. With the exception of slash shock caps and losi needing cvd's. If those rules are not good,I guess go mod sct.lol!...JMHO!
I agree, I thought the rules were in place.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Stock SCT class was set up a bit ago, but we never discussed the RPM parts. Just so everyone is clear.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robwike
The Stock SCT class was set up a bit ago, but we never discussed the RPM parts. Just so everyone is clear.
THANK GOD I don't own one!

Hey, can I fly/race my Blade 400 Helli in the 1/8th scale electric class? It does have some non factory/upgraded parts though.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Results from 2010 Worlds warm up Pattaya Thailand:

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-wwufinnn.jpg

Meen Vejrak from Thailand is the 2010 Worlds Warm up Champion driving........................................... ..............MUGEN!!!!!!

Team SHOT-BODIES did good:

1st--Meen VEJRAK--75 laps
9th--Atsuzuki Hara--65 laps--10 laps down
14th--Ty Tessmann--42 laps--33 laps down
15th--Jesse Robbers--29 laps--46 laps down

In their defense they all broke something, thus proving my "Disposable" theory!!!

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm ordering up a Shot Bodies product RIGHT now!

Last edited by gixxerman; 02-14-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You dont have to order one up......You already shot out man...LOLOL
Old 02-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by revoluv
You dont have to order one up......You already shot out man...LOLOL
Saaaaaaay what?
Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Just messin man....I respect ya!Regardless of what you drive.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:50 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Read more carefully sir

[QUOTE=gixxerman;7003669]Results from 2010 Worlds warm up Pattaya Thailand:

Attachment 555050

Meen Vejrak from Thailand is the 2010 Worlds Warm up Champion driving........................................... ..............MUGEN!!!!!!

Team SHOT-BODIES did good:

1st--Meen VEJRAK--75 laps
9th--Atsuzuki Hara--65 laps--10 laps down
14th--Ty Tessmann--42 laps--33 laps down
15th--Jesse Robbers--29 laps--46 laps down

In their defense they all broke something, thus proving my "Disposable" theory!!!

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm ordering up a Shot Bodies product RIGHT now![/QUOTE

A broken switchfor one,servo for the other, and loose body for Hara. Hara was leading with 10 min to go, but his body came loose up front and took flight! After that Hara was back on the track and chasing down the leader when his nitro engine "flamed the hell out!" and the story said that because of this he "gifted" to win to Meen! who was not even on the lead lap when Hara's body came off!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

I know, Mugens knew name is.....Freekin sneeky....lucky bastards.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gixxerman
THANK GOD I don't own one!

Hey, can I fly/race my Blade 400 Helli in the 1/8th scale electric class? It does have some non factory/upgraded parts though.
Brad if you run that,can I run my mini blade mcx with you? You have to give me 1/2 track/field start though because Im running spec!ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

OOPS! Forgot I have a aluminum top shaft, that is a after market upgrade so Im out for spec!lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:02 AM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Throw away cars?

I guess after running on tracks where your chassis wears through (look at Meens car) your servos are busting and your body becomes destroyed in less than an hour, it's time to call them all throwaway cars! 13 of the 15 drivers had problems including a broken a-arm on a Kyosho car. all yea, all this and you might flame out several times also.....gotta love that sound and smell I guess
Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Cool

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=7709

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.