Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ed237
I'm not sure how many guys might remember 'Savage' Joe Costanza. He was one of the original Altoona Raceway Members back in 04 or 05.

He stopped racing a several years ago but I'll allways I remember him and his brother Steve. They were fun guys to have at the track. When things got slow, they would have drag races in the pits. Joe was constantly working on his Savage and made a lot of custom parts (some of them even worked!).

Every once in a while Joe and his highly modded Savage would tear it up at the track. He and Icenutz had some great battles in the monster truck class and they also had some great battles on the old Radio Control Zone forum.

Those us of who were there, back in the day, will never forget the infamous 'Fathers Day Massacre'

I was hoping Joe would come back to the track, but, thats never going to happen now. Joe died unexpectedly November 13th at the age of 33.

His obitiuary in the Altoona Mirror said that "he was a 94 graduate of Altoona High School, served in the US Army, and that he enjoyed paintball, remote control trucks, video games, XBox 360 and Drawing.

He left behind a wife and 2 kids.

Sad news.
Joe was a reason to show up to the track each week. He may have been the sole reason the monster truck class was so successful at the time as he was a rival to everyone through the friendly smack talk each week at the track and every day on the forum. I can still remember when he posted on the forum an edited photo of his signature dragon eating my LST. I never could get one up on him after that. I also remember his family coming to cook up some food during the holiday events at the track. It wasn't that long ago that I thought to myself how much I would enjoy him and the friendly trash talking back at the track just to get me motivated to find the time to race again.

"Savage" Joe will be missed and my sympathy to his family.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Ha! I cant believe it but i actually went back on the old forum and read through some smack talk and found the photo! My poor LST getting chomped! We will miss ya Joe!
Attached Thumbnails ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM-dragons-lair-2.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Isaac

Jim still runs his, also there are a few new M/T members too. Come down, we will get ya on the track some how. Last week's 1/8th scale winner was a truggy.

Heck, you may go home with a Turkey.

No B-Rad, race is for turkeys not seafood. LOL

Also, one last week available for Toy drive.

So it seems we have at least a Slash race. 1/8th scale depending. Mod truck is a good possibility.

Keep the roll call going.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
Ha! I cant believe it but i actually went back on the old forum and read through some smack talk and found the photo! My poor LST getting chomped! We will miss ya Joe!
ice,
i did the samething.went back thrue and read a whole bunch of things on the old forum.although i didnt know him as long as you guys did.but i do remember giving him help with his losi touring car at the track.motor help to.
very kool dude.

its just crazy...live life to the fullest...
Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Savage Joe

I didn't know Joe, but he sounded like a fun guy. He will surely be missed by all that knew him.

Are you all interested in passing the hat sunday for Joe's wife and children?

Myself and Ed (hopefully, he doesn't mind me volunteering him) can see that Joe's wife gets it.

Let me know.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default As a matter of fact

Here's a better idea.

Sunday's Race will be the "Savage Joe's Turkey Race" - All race entry fees will be given to Joe's wife and kids. We can also pass the hat, if you would like to give more.

Turkeys to all first place winners
Old 11-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robwike
Here's a better idea.

Sunday's Race will be the "Savage Joe's Turkey Race" - All race entry fees will be given to Joe's wife and kids. We can also pass the hat, if you would like to give more.

Turkeys to all first place winners
well i dont have horsepower for the buggy.
but i would at least like to donate an entry fee towards his family.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice idea for Sunday.
I'll be there for mod truck.

Brian, I found some GT2 & T4 arms if you or anyone else needs them.
Also front bulkhead, rear arm mount, big bearing hub carrier, servo saver hardware, fuel tanks, chassis brace.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maya butreax
Nice idea for Sunday.
I'll be there for mod truck.

Brian, I found some GT2 & T4 arms if you or anyone else needs them.
Also front bulkhead, rear arm mount, big bearing hub carrier, servo saver hardware, fuel tanks, chassis brace.
Thanks Matt,one[me] can never have to many T4 parts!lol But I dont think Ill be there Sunday. I think Im done for outdoors for this year.Hope to catch everyone at mcc's or bumps sometime this winter.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

That's terrible news...didn't know him well but do remember Joe...great guy!

I will try to make it for one last race if possible. But when Brad didn't show up last weekend I was broken hearted and fell into a deep depression.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

If anyone is interested I have a very nice custom painted T4 body for sale...only $30. Will try to get some pics of it on here
Old 11-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KARO
If anyone is interested I have a very nice custom painted T4 body for sale...only $30. Will try to get some pics of it on here
you still got the t4?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KARO
That's terrible news...didn't know him well but do remember Joe...great guy!

I will try to make it for one last race if possible. But when Brad didn't show up last weekend I was broken hearted and fell into a deep depression.
That's BAD!!!!

Sorry Sammy, I'm into it up to my ears in home renovation!!! Had to get trim up before the furniture came!!!

I'm interested in the body!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
Special K, it's a welcome site to see you posting, even under these unfortunate circumstances!!! Good to hear from ya!!!

Ps I love the signature!!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morris
you still got the t4?
No, I sold it a while ago to someone but cannot remember who.

How is you son doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.