Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default yeah man!

Originally Posted by lcrc_raceway
Thanks to all you Toona guys & gals for making us feel at home. We had a great time even with the adverse conditions in the am hours. Rob did a great job keeping us all on schedule throughout the day.

Thanks to CR & Brad for the Mugen help, that thing is awsome!

Ed, Great driving, very smooth and consistant, I can't wait for the main at LCRC.

Matt, well... if you need a threadlock sponsor let me know.

Mike, Just so you know, I don't plan on switching to front wheel drive at half way in the main at LCRC! hahahahaha...

Tom, it was a great day, sorry you had to miss it.

Thanks again to everyone.

Kevin
Big congrats to Kevin on the 2nd place finish in the 1/8th nitro FWD truggy class!! lol
Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Congrats to all the winners and hope everyone had fun , would have liked to be there , but , my nieces wedding came first , turned out to be a very nice day , looking forward to LCRC on the 21 ............ what`s going on for the 10th anyone going anywhere to race LMK..... Is there practice at LCRC on Tuesday ?

Bruce
Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lcrc_raceway

Mike, Just so you know, I don't plan on switching to front wheel drive at half way in the main at LCRC! hahahahaha...

Kevin
Word! You had my number, but in my defense I started putting down my fastest laps in the last 5 minutes. Lets both be thankful Hambone left like little biatch, I'm pretty sure he would have been banging out 25sec laps although sun glare might have played with his old man cataract eyes!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikenix
Word! You had my number, but in my defense I started putting down my fastest laps in the last 5 minutes. Lets both be thankful Hambone left like little biatch, I'm pretty sure he would have been banging out 25sec laps although sun glare might have played with his old man cataract eyes!
I over heard that. Me no race in the mud. Never should've been started then. Let's see, 30lb mudded truggy, 300+ deg 450 dollar motor to race at the hillbilly playoffs. NFW! Aint worth it. Went to hobby hut sun and duked it out with pa's finest, with the sun in my eyes! Not putting down the track, i really would like to get some laps in on it some day. I'm glad to see Rob salvaged a doomed facility. French drains, a little saw dust and some stone between the pipes are an easy and much needed fix for the track. That's only my humble but most accurate opinion though.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hambone
I over heard that. Me no race in the mud. Never should've been started then. Let's see, 30lb mudded truggy, 300+ deg 450 dollar motor to race at the hillbilly playoffs. NFW! Aint worth it. Went to hobby hut sun and duked it out with pa's finest, with the sun in my eyes! Not putting down the track, i really would like to get some laps in on it some day. I'm glad to see Rob salvaged a doomed facility. French drains, a little saw dust and some stone between the pipes are an easy and much needed fix for the track. That's only my humble but most accurate opinion though.

Who forced you to run? I do not think it would have been unreasonable to sit out the first of 3 qualifiers! What's up with the hillbilly thing?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Who forced you to run? I do not think it would have been unreasonable to sit out the first of 3 qualifiers! What's up with the hillbilly thing?
I'm a hillbilly from north carolina, i can say that. Settle down brad, i'm responding to mike busting my balls.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

I'm a hillbilly from north carolina, i can say that. Settle down brad, i'm responding to mike busting my balls.
Just taken a little bit suprised that's all! Rob Wike worked hard at getting the track raceable that morning! Yeah, we could've waited, but overall the track got very good after that first Truggy qualifier!

Btw, I came over to thank you for running for me my first round but you had allready gone. So Thank you!

Last edited by gixxerman; 10-05-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Just taken a little bit suprised that's all! Rob Wike worked hard at getting the track raceable that morning! Yeah, we could've waited, but overall the track got very good after that first Truggy qualifier!

Btw, I came over to thank you for running for me my first round but you had allready gone. So Thank you!
I got ya buddy. Hope you got that thing tuned in. I have 8 hrs of driving time to and from that track and the only thing to show for it was a red hot motor. I can just think abt coming there and clear up any drought situation in altoona. And just to make myself clear, with the exception of harrisburg(maybe), everthing between philly and pittsburg is hillbilly country. I'm painfully aware of the time and work it takes to keep a track up, cuz i been there this year and left that place with a sore ass. But i'm not gonna bring that one up. I should stop here, but..... i have a big opinion and a bigger mouth so here goes, if you want to make a track happen and happen well, then the core racers and the owner of that track NEEDS to venture out to the small handfull of established tracks that host big races. No exceptions. Barnstormers, hobby hut and blue diamond at least. Yep, long drives. The experience gained from a big race from an established facility is huge for a local track owner. And i know for a fact that the owners of those tracks would give you all the info you need to make it in this fickle hobby. Just ask Kevin how often i bring it up about venturing out to these 3 tracks. It brings forth a bigger picture and reaps a reward to the local tracks. Ok i'll stop for 15 min or so.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hi all

Rob,
I most certainly appreciate/welcome the constructive criticism. I agree about traveling to other tracks to see how they do it. Especially since, I am new at R/C and track ownership.

Not real sure "salvaged" is a good verb to describe the hardwork I and others have put into the track here in Altoona.

"Salvaged" by definition is : using scrap or junk to make something else. Given the fact that I took over a track with 5 foot of weeds, 30% track surface visible and 25 wheelbarrow loads of more rock, just 2 months ago.

I'm not sure we could have started any later than we did. We were an hour and half behind schedule as it was. The decision to race that first heat was entirely up to you.

With that being said, you are welcome anytime. Next spring will be the beginning of great things to come to Altoona. I hope you are along for the ride.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You know it's nothing but love for ya Rob! Way to stir the pot.

Remember it will work if you work it. I can be your sponsor in more ways than one.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Looking for interest of mod truck/slash this Sunday!

Im in for both anyone else!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a seperate note I went to Garland's yesterday to run SCT to see first hand how the three[slash/sc10/strike] ran together. To my surprise all three seemed close with the exception of the Losi being real loose in general. Of the field nearing 40 trucks the main was mostly slash. I think Brian Reigle and Bob Moore can drive anything to the front[both ran a slash and were1,2 in the main]. It seems they are on to something with opening up to all the brands.Time will tell with all the quality drivers doing testing to get things as close as possible. It seems that Bumps and Pitstop will be running them together in stock form and kit specific on tires. They will come up with a final decision in a few weeks at Bumps. I would like to see us conform to there rules[when final] to get more racers at our track next year! All in all I had a blast running all those guys and brands of trucks! With that many entrants and quality of drivers I thought I would be lucky to be top 5 in the b but was pleased with a 6th in the a main. Looking forward to having a bigger class of slash/sct next year here locally. ...................Brian
Old 10-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikenix
You know it's nothing but love for ya Rob! Way to stir the pot.

Remember it will work if you work it. I can be your sponsor in more ways than one.
Well, well ,well where ya been good buddy? I'm working it and my other sponsor would be laughing his butt off right now. Well Rob i believe you salvaged something that was gone for the most part. Lets call it raising the dead then. So i'll see everybody this sat at blue diamond for the roar race, right? Already got a roster chalked full of the best racers on the eastern side of the country. I see names from new england to north carolina.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE

On a seperate note I went to Garland's yesterday to run SCT to see first hand how the three[slash/sc10/strike] ran together. To my surprise all three seemed close with the exception of the Losi being real loose in general. Of the field nearing 40 trucks the main was mostly slash. I think Brian Reigle and Bob Moore can drive anything to the front[both ran a slash and were1,2 in the main]. It seems they are on to something with opening up to all the brands.Time will tell with all the quality drivers doing testing to get things as close as possible. It seems that Bumps and Pitstop will be running them together in stock form and kit specific on tires. They will come up with a final decision in a few weeks at Bumps. I would like to see us conform to there rules[when final] to get more racers at our track next year! All in all I had a blast running all those guys and brands of trucks! With that many entrants and quality of drivers I thought I would be lucky to be top 5 in the b but was pleased with a 6th in the a main. Looking forward to having a bigger class of slash/sct next year here locally. ...................Brian
It was great talking with you on Sunday. My Slash setup is the one that Steve Sladon has on the Traxxas website. Sometimes I can drive offroad and sometimes I can't. Its not my best type of racing (dirt oval) but I had fun and the SCT class is super fun and inexpensive. I can drive alot of different things but if I drove the SC10 or Strike I would not of be capable of winning at Garlands. They just don't make traction in stock form with stock tires. Tires and the Slash weight is the ultimate equalizer vs the other two SCT brands. Just make everyone run them with kit tires and you should be easily be able to run them together.

We are working hard testing at different tracks before the Bumps season starts. Running the 3 brands together truely looks possible from what I have seen so far. I did talk to Chris tonight and we are going to start off with the 3 brands together and run for 2 weeks or so and then get a good feel of how things are going plus talk with the racers as well.

Right now the Slash spec SCT class is helping out alot of tracks in the tough times so it is cool if alot of the tracks run them and have similiar rules for them so racers can travel from track to track and run. Also helps get the word out about other tracks that run roughly the same rules so hopefully guys can travel a little and try out other places and go to their big races.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
It was great talking with you on Sunday. My Slash setup is the one that Steve Sladon has on the Traxxas website. Sometimes I can drive offroad and sometimes I can't. Its not my best type of racing (dirt oval) but I had fun and the SCT class is super fun and inexpensive. I can drive alot of different things but if I drove the SC10 or Strike I would not of be capable of winning at Garlands. They just don't make traction in stock form with stock tires. Tires and the Slash weight is the ultimate equalizer vs the other two SCT brands. Just make everyone run them with kit tires and you should be easily be able to run them together.

We are working hard testing at different tracks before the Bumps season starts. Running the 3 brands together truely looks possible from what I have seen so far. I did talk to Chris tonight and we are going to start off with the 3 brands together and run for 2 weeks or so and then get a good feel of how things are going plus talk with the racers as well.

Right now the Slash spec SCT class is helping out alot of tracks in the tough times so it is cool if alot of the tracks run them and have similiar rules for them so racers can travel from track to track and run. Also helps get the word out about other tracks that run roughly the same rules so hopefully guys can travel a little and try out other places and go to their big races.
WORD!!!! Nice talking with you as well Brian. I really agree with the way you all are going about things. It takes all the speculation out of things as well!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE

I'm in for mod Brian, congrats on your A-main finish!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.