Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 10-20-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sdsslippy
hey everyone this is shawn shipley hopefully ill be able to make it saturday will prob have an associated tc5r trying to sell the xray money is tight right now and just broke the axel on the cobalt but the civic should be able to make it there hope to see everyone there
shawn,
what it is bro..?
axles busting on coalt...under warranty..?
tc5r huh...?should of at least bought a losi type-r....lol

later dude,

matt
Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Shipley, good to hear from you! We were wondering if you were going to race this year. TC-5 is a very capable car mine is real good right now!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yea its under warranty its barely a year old just have to tow it to the dealership but im gonna try to be there anyone wanna buy a t2 007 us spec good condition make an offer
Old 10-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Hi
Old 10-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tekin

well got my overheating issue under control i called tekin today and the explained it was probally an early version of the fx and needed software update my problem sound exactly like this is the problem i should have it back next week
Old 10-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tires

what kind of tires are you guys gonna run for off road carpet can you get foams or rubber slicks that fit a b44
Old 10-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tedd, There are plans to eventually add small jumps, so I would recommend rubber tires.

We have not raced off road cars on the carpet yet so its hard to tell whats going to work best. I would guess something with small pins like Holeshots.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tekin

got a call from tekin today my heat problem is becausee i recieved an unrealesed version of the fx that had problems it sliped through and never should of went out what are the chances of that but there tec support is awsome they deal with you on an individual basis i will be useing there
products from now on
Old 10-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tedd_rc
got a call from tekin today my heat problem is becausee i recieved an unrealesed version of the fx that had problems it sliped through and never should of went out what are the chances of that but there tec support is awsome they deal with you on an individual basis i will be useing there
products from now on
i have heard good things about tekin.i wish i had the xtra lute to get a rs...lol
ya never know i might just get one in the near future.get rid of the lrp sphere comp that i got...lol
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
i have heard good things about tekin.i wish i had the xtra lute to get a rs...lol
ya never know i might just get one in the near future.get rid of the lrp sphere comp that i got...lol
I would keep the LRP as it has proven over time to be one of the best performing sensored speedos and gives the motors the most power.

I watched dirt oval racing this weekend with 200 racers and the LRP speedo with the LRP, Novak or Hacker/Losi 13.5 brushless proved to be the fastest. A few racers didn't believe it was possbile til they made the switched and tried the LRP speedo. All that switched where 1 to 3 tenths faster a lap.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
I would keep the LRP as it has proven over time to be one of the best performing sensored speedos and gives the motors the most power.

I watched dirt oval racing this weekend with 200 racers and the LRP speedo with the LRP, Novak or Hacker/Losi 13.5 brushless proved to be the fastest. A few racers didn't believe it was possbile til they made the switched and tried the LRP speedo. All that switched where 1 to 3 tenths faster a lap.
Hmmm..... Sounds to me like you may have watched a infomercial on Lrp speedo's....1-3 tenths faster JUST by switching speed-controls? I wish I would have known that before I started chasing tenths with set-up!!!

Last edited by gixxerman; 10-21-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

oh i c.i talk alot of stuff sometimes.even though i would like to get a tekin.it wont happen cause im broke most of the time...lol

so you all ready for some action this saterday at altoona?
its early to tell but im claiming to be victor for the first race....lol..

maybe the b-main
Old 10-21-2008, 07:59 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Hmmm..... Sounds to me like you may have watched a infomercial on Lrp speedo's....1-3 tenths faster JUST by switching speed-controls? I wish I would have known that before I started chasing tenths with set-up!!!
Nope I race for Castle Creations. Oval the speedos out are really have alot to do with the speedo. It is also evident in pan cars. Seems that the LRP with pretty much any brushless shows be a tenth or two faster most of the time. Not sure if it changes the motor time more than others or if it is more efficient or what but overall it just seems to me to be one of the best and fastest sensored speedos. It really isn't too weird as we have many differances in the brushless motors out. Some are faster than others so speedos are no different.

It seems to show up mainly in oval and touring more than offroad. It also shows up more in the 13.5 and 17.5 class. Mod isn't a problem since power is overkill nowadays.

I know when I get my prototype sensored Castle I will be testing it against some LRP and Novak systems I will borrow from buddies to see how it matches up.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The track is ready, my car is ready, I am ready.

Lets race!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ed237
The track is ready, my car is ready, I am ready.

Lets race!
Are you still going to pilot the TA05 this year?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.