Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Brad, you hot piece of man ass, you have another PM!

iCeNutz
Old 03-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have 2 people (counting myself) that would like to get a brush less 4wd buggy class going for off-road......any other takers out there?
Old 03-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
I have 2 people (counting myself) that would like to get a brush less 4wd buggy class going for off-road......any other takers out there?
brent,
i heard of doug saying something about it.he said it sounds like fun.i dont have enouph lute to get another esc let alone another car....lolit does sound like fun though....
Old 03-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

titeline,

Greg Gormot is going to race pretty consistently this summer and he has a B44, plus B. Roeder always likes to run mod 4wd, sounds like you guys have a class - go with it.

I am going to run 1/8th buggy first and formost and I will probably run a couple of other classes as a second class throughout the summer. However I'm not going to run 3 and 4 classes week in and week out like I've done in the past, so I don't want anyone to count on me as an every week entry in anything other than 1/8th buggy in their decision-making process for what to run as their only or primary class. Trust me guys, I am by no means under the illusion that there is anything special about me personally, I'm just saying counting on me as a tick mark, another entry - just because I'm there every week.

Over the past two years, we've had an awesome increase in competitiveness, due to many things and many great people, but also due to the concentration of our core racers in classes like oval, touring car, 1/8th buggy, and mod truck. I'm all for more classes, more racers, and lots of different cars - go for it guys! In fact, we've relaxed our three to make a class rule to two to make a class, to try to make it easier for new folks to, "run what you brung" so to speak and reduce the barriers to entry into this sport. Maybe we'll have a Baja 5B class this summer even!! Lets just keep an ear toward the big picture, make sure all of our core guys are happy with their racing opportunities, while ensuring we make this sport as inviting to new folks as absolutely possible and we'll continue the progress you guys have made happen!!!!

The Blizzard Graphics points series is red hot, its anyone's game boys - Let's Go Racing!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Rallyebmx - nice race program - You rock!!!!

Lots of guys have been building their 1/8th scale arsenals!!!!

Lets get ready to RIP!!! Which stands for Rest In Peace for your Jammin as you sniff the rear end of my MUGENATOR!!!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Morris, you can buy my T4 for $100 - if you are planning on racing off-road consistently. I will throw in a novak brushless motor as well.

Before anyone else responds. I WILL NOT GIVE A SMOKIN DEAL TO ANYONE WHO IS PLANNING ON TURNING AROUND A WEEK LATER AND SELLING IT FOR A PROFIT. I'll help, damn near give, equipment to anyone who wants to race consistently and make a comittment.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
Morris, you can buy my T4 for $100 - if you are planning on racing off-road consistently. I will throw in a novak brushless motor as well.

Before anyone else responds. I WILL NOT GIVE A SMOKIN DEAL TO ANYONE WHO IS PLANNING ON TURNING AROUND A WEEK LATER AND SELLING IT FOR A PROFIT. I'll help, damn near give, equipment to anyone who wants to race consistently and make a comittment.
i will have to take a looksy at it when i get there tonight if you happen to have it there with you...

matt
Old 03-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am DEFINATLY down for a 4wd Electric class!!! If there is enough interest count me in for sure, i like the idea of trying this over mod truck becuase i love touring car and 1/8 scale so much (minus cost)....LiPo Brushless and four wheels spinning, how much better can it get.....at least until 1/8 scale goes to LiPo/Brushless and then i am in for that again.

Who else is interested...ED....Brad....Morris....anyone??
Old 03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

A Baja class?! sick! I want to see those run! When is the rough time the out door track is gonna start? I'm still missing key parts( like an engine) and I have some travel coming up
Old 03-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jallshouse
I am DEFINATLY down for a 4wd Electric class!!! If there is enough interest count me in for sure, i like the idea of trying this over mod truck becuase i love touring car and 1/8 scale so much (minus cost)....LiPo Brushless and four wheels spinning, how much better can it get.....at least until 1/8 scale goes to LiPo/Brushless and then i am in for that again.

Who else is interested...ED....Brad....Morris....anyone??
i would be interested in a electric 4-wheel class fo sure....i just have to figure out what i want to run...truck/buggy.....?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

well tonight had some insane racing......wish i could of have not left and miss the 1st qualifier...ran pretty fast in the 2nd qualifier...then the main got real interesting.....

a thx goes out to doug and chuck for having a great place to race...
Old 03-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Matt - The Corally looked dialed last night - good job on the win. Its not easy to put rubber tires on a foam car and be that fast with just running one qualifier. It was tight racing all night between me you and Doug. I cant remember the last time 3 cars that close at the end of race.

And congrads to Doug on the points series championship.

Thank you, Travis / Blizzard Graphics, for sponsoring the points series. The 3rd place plaque is going to look great on my RC shelf next to my TA05.

"great place to race" - You got that right!

Last edited by Ed237; 03-15-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tom, You still have some time. Chuck has updated the website with a preliminary outdoor schedule. Lets hope the weather cooperates so we can get going in April.

http://www.altoonaraceway.com/SummerRacing.html

This year, many of the jumps will be constructed of wood/plywood with a carpet surface thanks to Jude Coppeta. I am cautiously optimistic about the new jumps. If they work out, they will provide us with consistant launching pads no mater what the weather conditions.

Jude has already finnsihed 4-5 of them and they look awesome.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Finaly I'm able to post lol. anyways, I'm looking forward to coming down to see what you guys have going on. Used to race at Little Plum and Pine Run around this area but both tracks are dried up. I used to run the KE2 but sold it a long time ago but just scored a Mbx5 prospec needs some work and electroincs and a RB and im good to go

Looking forward to april as my trigger finger is ichy
Old 03-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Grimm0ne
Finaly I'm able to post lol. anyways, I'm looking forward to coming down to see what you guys have going on. Used to race at Little Plum and Pine Run around this area but both tracks are dried up. I used to run the KE2 but sold it a long time ago but just scored a Mbx5 prospec needs some work and electroincs and a RB and im good to go

Looking forward to april as my trigger finger is ichy
you prolly know as as i prolly know you.
i lived in williamsport when i raced both places.i live in jersey shore now though.
my name is matt morris......
lmk who ya are and we can shoot the shit...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.