Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
Ed and Brad - nice job, track looks great, I'm going to do some work at the shop tonight, hopefully I'll get to turn a few laps on the new layout.

echo - rubber tires are much better than foamies - their longevity and lower racing cost makes it easier to attract new racers and keep the ones you've got. However from a sales perspective foams, lipo's and brushless all suck, nothing wears out and therefore sales are pittiful, lol, but the upside is racers are happier and save money so its better for racing.
Thank's Doug, it's always an honor to work along side a great Designer like Mr. Toth. After he's done with track changes and such I have hired him to design a new floor plan for my house. He even said he would incorporate his "FAVORITE" color Chartreuse in on the whole scheme!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by morris
come on down chris...i meen we will prolly roll together there.....lol
it would be nicw for you to come on donw so jeff can whoop you in a race.....
Originally Posted by knoxvillerocco
oooh ok, we'll see who whoops who?
Sorry Eck, my money is on the Boiler!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i had fun again last night.even though i drove like poop in the main.

congrats to dan harding...........maybe next week.....
Old 01-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Every Friday night is practically turning into a party for Harding! He's won Oval and Touring car almost 4 weeks straight in row. Its going to take some serious speed to beat him. So its back to the drawing board for me and my touring car set up.

A huge thank you to Travis for sponsoring a big TT01 Oval race. Those things are always fun to drive whether its carpet, dirt, oval, road course or even parking lot.

Its was also great to meet AAron from the Richfield track.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ed237
Every Friday night is practically turning into a party for Harding! He's won Oval and Touring car almost 4 weeks straight in row. Its going to take some serious speed to beat him. So its back to the drawing board for me and my touring car set up.

A huge thank you to Travis for sponsoring a big TT01 Oval race. Those things are always fun to drive whether its carpet, dirt, oval, road course or even parking lot.

ed,
my set-up isnt to far off.maybe one step stiffer rubber tire.or maybe even just an thicker oil.
as for speed harding is faster than me.but when i get my bl stuff and as long as i can not hit anything i think i will be even faster then....will have to wait and see.i was going to get the tekin r1 sereis esc.but to just find out that it will not work very well with sintered motors.
so looks like i will either stay brushed or get a lrp sphere.tekin is coming out with a rs which i just found out as well.they said it workd great with sintered motors with no problem so far.inless they have problems they will produce mass production of them.i will have to see what the time frame is on them.i dont really want to wait much longer....
Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237

Hey thanks for having us, we will be back and bring a few more guys, we may not be the fastest, but we have fun. Awesome setup!

The rubber tires run differently, but I liked it. I may have to do some small tweaking, but really I was happy with how my car handled. I really wanted to break the 10's but I didn't. Next time.

You're always welcome, but I know its a trip it took us 1:45 to get home.

Last edited by Victory Side; 01-12-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i'll be back up soon you fast suns of bitches! Gotta get a set up for the next time i come....This carpet/foam set up don't work so good......
Chris
Old 01-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by knoxvillerocco
i'll be back up soon you fast suns of bitches! Gotta get a set up for the next time i come....This carpet/foam set up don't work so good......
Chris
will be glad to have you back chris.always is enjoyable racing with you.well as long as your having fun that is....
Old 01-14-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Silvers seem to be popular with Trinty Bomb One inserts, some guys been messing with M3's with Bomb One inserts as they seem to be a nice combination oof traction, steering and easy to drive and the stand by rear Soft Panther slicks with the Panther soft or med/soft ground to slicks.
Do the doors open at 10am or does he get there earlier than that? I've raced there a few times but it was a few years ago. I remember sitting in my car waiting for Chris to show up and open the door at 10 or shortly after.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Nevermind, got the question answered.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Would any of the oval guys be interested in making the trip up to Aarons track on Saturday for some BL oval racing? He is holding a "big" race up there this Sat the 19th and said he would def. run an oval class if I could get 3-4 guys to come up. Ed, Gixx what do ya think? He said the corners would be bigger then altoona more "Talladega style" sounds like a fun time.....let me know what you think!!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah right now we have 4 guys racing oval and about 10 running TC. I don't want to take TRS's forum to promote my race, so I hope you can make it.'

And I promise that we will be back and bring more guys. Next time up I hope to be geared up for oval. Thanks again for a great time. I look forward to coming again

Aaron
Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Would any of the oval guys be interested in making the trip up to Aarons track on Saturday for some BL oval racing? He is holding a "big" race up there this Sat the 19th and said he would def. run an oval class if I could get 3-4 guys to come up. Ed, Gixx what do ya think? He said the corners would be bigger then altoona more "Talladega style" sounds like a fun time.....let me know what you think!!
Brent, this weekend is not going to be good for me, but I plan on going up some time in the near future.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Gixxer, ready for NASCAR soon? One more month till Daletona.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Victory Side
Yeah right now we have 4 guys racing oval and about 10 running TC. I don't want to take TRS's forum to promote my race, so I hope you can make it.'

And I promise that we will be back and bring more guys. Next time up I hope to be geared up for oval. Thanks again for a great time. I look forward to coming again

Aaron

Aaron it's all good, please keep us event-updated in the future, as I know a couple of us would like to come up. And thank you for coming down to race on Friday it's always fun to see new faces and people to race with. Also on Sat Feb. 16 were (TRS) are having a Oval showdown so to speak, the track will be made one section of carpet wider for the race (we will be racing on the first and third pieces of carpet with the bumpers and pipe on the second piece). As of right now aprox. 7-10 guys are coming from Steel City and and maybe a couple from RC Ave. A couple of us are throwing money into a pot to make the stakes higher. Let your guys know about it!!! Info is on the website or just click this http://trshobbies.com/TRSOvalChamps.pdf

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.