ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Ok trav, thanks! I'll try to get in there wednesday to help with anything that needs done and I'll be there tuesday night to get a head start

Thanks Ed, you're right TC is a dogfight just to make the show, and I'm sure everyone will be ever faster next week. I predict major improvements from the maccinile racing program and the chamberlain racing program this week!

Bob Stritt - I forgot the steelers were on tonight. lets work on your touring car some night this week, tues or thursday will be the best bet.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lovell
Brad

I got your pit board on Sat. Let me know if you are going to be at the track some time this week, I will drop it off.
Thank you C.R.!!!!! I greatly appreciate it! I'll be in touch with you this week!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Was the the pitboard that you won from Gary??

Sorry, us McCullough's guys hijacked the Altoona Thread.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by d4man
Was the the pitboard that you won from Gary??

Sorry, us McCullough's guys hijacked the Altoona Thread.
Yeah Dave it was, finally got it! How's the tummy?????
Old 12-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

I am 100% back to normal, my god I thought I was gonna die!!! I spent probably 30 hours in bed this past weekend.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ed237
Doug, Great race.It was only a matter of time before you got your car hooked up! With all these guys getting so much faster, its going to be a battle for the top 6-7 guys just to get into the show.

For the NASCAR crowd, I was checking the Steel City Hobbies website. Congrads to Bob Rhodes on his 1st place finnish in the 13.5 class

Results:
http://www.steelcityhobbies.com/Race...7BrushNats.htm

The second thing I noticed looking at the pictures of their track is that they have a similar 'paper-clip' type oval, but they were able to create a wider oval by simply making the laminate corners bigger:

Track Photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steelci...7603345228156/

Its a simple solution we may want to consider.

Nice work Ed! As long as all the Oval guys are happy seeing 1 or 2 of the same guys winning every single week consistently, I see no problem with the oval we have now!!!! To be brutally honest I had the most fun in the B main with Brent: We were both within .001 of a second with each other and it was a close race. In my opinion like last years larger oval (check last years results and videos) we were a hell of alot closer than we are now and would benefit from a somewhat larger Oval. But again to be brutally honest I could care less if the oval is reconfigured!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

track designers, wrap your minds around this idea for the next track change. Using ed's idea of bigger "apex-plates" for the oval turns (i would suggest, just cutting an arch in a full 4X8 sheet and having the apex be 8ft wide), the the long straight piece down the center of the oval could be made to be removable. This way the road course could weave in and out of the center of the oval and around each 8ft end of the oval and the road course straightaway could be along the far end of the track. Also consider this - what about a technical road course design without a long backstretch and maybe just one or two shorter straight stretches? This is probably the only way to have a large oval and yet maximize the space for the road course.

have at it boys, do your worst.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

4man, did you get a bad batch of............?????????
Old 12-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
4man, did you get a bad batch of............?????????

Not sure what happened, but the result was me going home Saturday morning before I unloaded :mad :
Old 12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
track designers, wrap your minds around this idea for the next track change. Using ed's idea of bigger "apex-plates" for the oval turns (i would suggest, just cutting an arch in a full 4X8 sheet and having the apex be 8ft wide), the the long straight piece down the center of the oval could be made to be removable. This way the road course could weave in and out of the center of the oval and around each 8ft end of the oval and the road course straightaway could be along the far end of the track. Also consider this - what about a technical road course design without a long backstretch and maybe just one or two shorter straight stretches? This is probably the only way to have a large oval and yet maximize the space for the road course.

have at it boys, do your worst.
you kinda lost me on the last part there, but an 8' wide turn might be a bit much? but whatever the designers think I am cool with, Like gixx said I had the most fun when i was running with him the the b main pretty much neck and neck the whole time. Im sure whatever route is taken, the racing will remain close all that will change is pinion size and left front tires..
Old 12-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Doug...The b44 rotates great!!! By the way, at least my stuff hasn't been thrown, punted, or purposely run into block walls with no regards toward the fellow racers that keep your track up and running!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lovell
Doug...The b44 rotates great!!! By the way, at least my stuff hasn't been thrown, punted, or purposely run into block walls with no regards toward the fellow racers that keep your track up and running!!!
wow.........that sounded kinda meen....
Old 12-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

You're right CR, I shouldn't throw stuff, its unprofessional and I apologize to everyone whom my loss of control of emotions has offended. I'm not going to make excuses, I won't let it happen again - sorry gents.

I look forward to growing RC racing in Altoona during this Winter offroad season and beyond. I'm dedicated to all those who want to race, are comitted to quality equipment, good clean/courteous racing, and most of all - having fun in this sport. As always, if there is anthing I can do to help you guys out please let me know, I'm sure we can work out a deal!

Good News - A have a new prospect for the summer 2008 season, its a gentleman from the area who is interested in 2wd electric trucks and really interested in 1/8th scale buggies. He is deciding between the losi, associated, and jammin buggies right now (i tried to talk him into a mugen, but he wasnt interested ) Wants good equipment, is an ex-military guy, and should be a good prospect of becoming a regular racer with us!!! Let's go racing!

CR - you are always welcome at the Altoona RC raceway, you're a good, clean racer, with good equipment, and the right temperment for racing. Racing has improved dramatically over the past four years, competition is at an all time high this onroad season, the offroad and onroad tracks have made improvements over the recent years (I'm springing for sifted dirt for the 2008 season!) and our race day operation has become very tight. I'd hope to see you at the offroad track this summer, or at the onroad track if you decide to lower your b44 (which i doubt is a possibility)

Sorry about the rotation comment, I was just poking fun and welcome the spirted return!!! in all seriousness, you are right, I have had a couple of episodes of temper loss that will not happen again, so I'd hope you wouldn't let that stop you from racing with us.

Joke - anyone who has owned a xxxnt or ad2 has probably secretly kicked their truck, of course you don't have to kick that truck to break it, all you have to do is look at it and the rear end will fall off!!! On a brighter note, as long as you don't catch it on fire, the losi jrxs type r seems to be bullet proof.

And I still live by the mantra - When the equipment doesn't work, it must pay! (reznor-nin) I'll just do it in private at home
Old 12-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

I hear ya madman.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Is anyone practicing tomorrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.