Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default dirt dirt dirt

Rob or Jim, I think I may have found about 15 ton of Sinking Valley clay dirt that needs hauled out. If you need this let me know. Guy built a house and it is left over. I will ask what he wants to do with it.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HimotoRicer
Rob or Jim, I think I may have found about 15 ton of Sinking Valley clay dirt that needs hauled out. If you need this let me know. Guy built a house and it is left over. I will ask what he wants to do with it.

Yes,find out if we can go look at it first,some poeple get their dirt mixed up and I would just like to see it first!!!Give me a call Gabe,today sometime!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Check it out!! Not to shabby in my own opinion.

Nice Job Gabe!!!..It looks like a PRO did it!!!!!!!.It looks to nice to get dirty.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

I am going to take it to McC's in March to see what I can do with it. Very smooth to run, smoother then the blitz.
Gabe,
Decide on McCollough's date yet? This Sat. is Trophy race (March 12th).
Ty & I would like to try it out also & good to see some familiar faces.
I'm running the HPI Blitz now & Ty has his Escale, but needs some parts yet, hopefully be here in time to run this Saturday. Keep us in mind if ya decide to run, Thanks.

Anyone hear from Rob lately ? Hope all is well with him & can't wait till 2011 season. Jim, track changes have Tyler drooling Itching to scream his new E-Truggy down that straight away

PS. Guys, keep an eye on RT. 281 thread, track is only 5 miles away from us & would be great to see some of you guys down this way (alittle over an hour drive) from Altoona via Rte. 219 to Rte. 281 across from Friedens airport.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Gabe,get ahold of me when you want to go look at the dirt you have been talking about.Im sure if its a clay mix we should be able to use it.Maybe we can take a trip there this week!!
Old 03-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood
Gabe,
I'm running the HPI Blitz now & Ty has his Escale, but needs some parts yet, hopefully be here in time to run this Saturday. Keep us in mind if ya decide to run, Thanks.

Anyone hear from Rob lately ? Hope all is well with him & can't wait till 2011 season. Jim, track changes have Tyler drooling Itching to scream his new E-Truggy down that straight away

PS. Guys, keep an eye on RT. 281 thread, track is only 5 miles away from us & would be great to see some of you guys down this way (alittle over an hour drive) from Altoona via Rte. 219 to Rte. 281 across from Friedens airport.

Hey bud,whats happinin!!! I am SO ready to start the track layout,but this s@#ty weather is putting a hold on things.I was actually going to be there today if it didnt rain but Owell!!! I really do have high hopes for the track this year and would LOVE to have EVERYONE back and have some GREAT racing on a competitive track layout!! I am really pulling for wider lanes so we can get 8-9 buggies racing, and 6-7 truggies racing were there is enough room to pass and go head-2-head if thats the case.
As far as Mccolloughs,I would be up for racing my Losi SC if you all decide to go.Let me know whats going down!!! Is that track your talking about,that one in Renoyldsville,PA? Can you run 8scale nitro there also?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by revoluv
Is that track your talking about,that one in Renoyldsville,PA? Can you run 8scale nitro there also?
Jim,
No that's "HOTROD Hobbies" thread, his hijacking of alot of other track forums has kinda caused some stir with regulars to these tracks.
The thread I'm referring to is RT281 Raceway, Ty & I are hoping he can make a bit of a go of it, due to it's location to us. Get some extra practice time in & he wants to run Saturday's, which I hope you still will run Sunday's ?
Check out the post & hope I don't upset anyone advertising on your thread, around here (Somerset) everyone just seems to want to bash & if they'd just give racing a try they'd get hooked & more interested in your lap times & tuning your vehicle.
Thanks
Eric
Old 03-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Jim,
No that's "HOTROD Hobbies" thread, his hijacking of alot of other track forums has kinda caused some stir with regulars to these tracks.
The thread I'm referring to is RT281 Raceway, Ty & I are hoping he can make a bit of a go of it, due to it's location to us. Get some extra practice time in & he wants to run Saturday's, which I hope you still will run Sunday's ?
Check out the post & hope I don't upset anyone advertising on your thread, around here (Somerset) everyone just seems to want to bash & if they'd just give racing a try they'd get hooked & more interested in your lap times & tuning your vehicle.
Thanks
Eric

Yeah,I see what you mean.The way I look at it is everyone has a right to go were ever they want.Like I said,I wanna try to help make Altoona a BIGGER and better place to race.I think its great that more tracks are coming about but I dont agree with them getting on another tracks forum and advertising.
As far as I know,we will be racing Sundays this year.I know what you mean about poeple bashing at the tracks.I definitly let new members know that we DO NOT BASH on our track.They dont seem to understand that it takes time to build the jumps up and sweep the track for a smooth surface for the races.It only takes about 2 hours for the Monster trucks to tear the hell out of jumps and destroy the outer plastic pipe barrier!!! Then it takes a few days to fix everything.Anyway,Its pretty cool that you will have a track close to you but I hope that you guys dont become strangers @ Altoona!!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Altoona, no stranger place to be, buddy

Ty & I + some extras are gonna be makin' the trip everytime we can.
(the "BOSS" wifey even likes it up there) DAMN MALL, but all's good.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Gabe,

Did not set a date yet on the trip to McC's. I will see what my plans are for this weekend. I will keep you posted and see whats up.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Gabe,get ahold of me when you want to go look at the dirt you have been talking about.Im sure if its a clay mix we should be able to use it.Maybe we can take a trip there this week!!
I bet all that dirt looks pretty white right now.. LOL!!! I will call you tomorrow when I get home. We can go this week sometime to see if its what we want. I will get a hold of Toby to see when we can head up there.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Altoona, no stranger place to be, buddy

Ty & I + some extras are gonna be makin' the trip everytime we can.
(the "BOSS" wifey even likes it up there) DAMN MALL, but all's good.

Well Im glad to see you will make it here anytime you can.Its alot of fun racing with you guys!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

I bet all that dirt looks pretty white right now.. LOL!!! I will call you tomorrow when I get home. We can go this week sometime to see if its what we want. I will get a hold of Toby to see when we can head up there.

This damn snow has gotta goooooo!!!.Yes,give me a call and we will go this week sometime!!!! I would like to make a trip to Mcc. also whenever you wanna go.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

This damn snow has gotta goooooo!!!.Yes,give me a call and we will go this week sometime!!!! I would like to make a trip to Mcc. also whenever you wanna go.
we are talking about going Saturday. If we don't go this Saturday it will be on the 26th for sure.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

That sounds good!!!!Either day will work for me. Im sure it will be to s@#ty outside to race those days anyway!!!!!.

we are talking about going Saturday. If we don't go this Saturday it will be on the 26th for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.