ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Drums
Old 06-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes Drums! Great track, people, competition and chow!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

How far is Drums from the Altoona raceway ? I don't know the areas around here to well yet . Thank You Also Me and Mark will be coming down on sat for the Ronald McDonald House Charity Event . See everyone there !!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Hobby Headquarters in Drums is 2 hrs east on I-80 from Altoona. If anybody needs directions or details you can pm or call me. I will also promote the charity race at Altoona next weekend. I will be there 1 day just not sure which one. Rob Hamm 570-951-6615.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hambone
Hobby Headquarters in Drums is 2 hrs east on I-80 from Altoona. If anybody needs directions or details you can pm or call me. I will also promote the charity race at Altoona next weekend. I will be there 1 day just not sure which one. Rob Hamm 570-951-6615.
Thank you !!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

alf/line - I think you need to mind your own business, have you ever tried to get Mr. Wike on the telephone? Constantly goes to voice mail, unless of course he just does not want to talk to certain people?!?!

Rob, I do not need to Identify myself, you know exactly who I am, and trying to act like coming to you will resolve things. We all know your attitude of "my way or the highway", but I am not going to here and cause any more "drama", this will be my last post. All I am going to say is, you dont see NASCAR canceling a race to go watch indy cars, and that is in fact what you are doing, imho. Lastly, what ever happened to the oval track and electricity? Just false hope to try to suck people into joining? Well, it worked on me, and I personally will not be back!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LosiRon
alf/line - I think you need to mind your own business, have you ever tried to get Mr. Wike on the telephone? Constantly goes to voice mail, unless of course he just does not want to talk to certain people?!?!

Rob, I do not need to Identify myself, you know exactly who I am, and trying to act like coming to you will resolve things. We all know your attitude of "my way or the highway", but I am not going to here and cause any more "drama", this will be my last post. All I am going to say is, you dont see NASCAR canceling a race to go watch indy cars, and that is in fact what you are doing, imho. Lastly, what ever happened to the oval track and electricity? Just false hope to try to suck people into joining? Well, it worked on me, and I personally will not be back!
Well i guess it's not my business either buts that's my cue to speak. Sometimes changes have to be made to better the home facility by seeing what's happening at other facilities. I know Rob has put alot of money and work into the Altoona Raceway. At times progress must be gauged by other tracks in order for the racers from other facilities to visit and return. A smart move by a track owner. I have personally seen track owners put alot of time and money in a facility in a misguided manner with poor results because they had no clue as to what makes a successful track work. You find this out by frequenting successful tracks. Even back when i was on the shitlist at Altoona Rob always answered my pm's. Actually i may still be on the list, LOL.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
Well i guess it's not my business either buts that's my cue to speak. Sometimes changes have to be made to better the home facility by seeing what's happening at other facilities. I know Rob has put alot of money and work into the Altoona Raceway. At times progress must be gauged by other tracks in order for the racers from other facilities to visit and return. A smart move by a track owner. I have personally seen track owners put alot of time and money in a facility in a misguided manner with poor results because they had no clue as to what makes a successful track work. You find this out by frequenting successful tracks. Even back when i was on the shitlist at Altoona Rob always answered my pm's. Actually i may still be on the list, LOL.
Rob...I think u moved from shitlist to dog house.....lol anyway its official...see u at Drums Saturday!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiRon

Coming to me will resolve what ever your concerns are. I will be at the track this afternoon. If you are not happy, meet me there and I will refund your membership fee. Even though, I do not have a "Ron" as a member, your opinion is important to me.

The oval is in limbo due to property rental agreement. Electricty is in the final stage of being put in. You would know these things if you came to the track.

Calling my cell phone always goes to voicemail? I am home right now. Call my house 814 941 2026.

"My way or the highway", this is funny. I try to run things fairly for all. In doing that, sometimes things will not meet approval of some. I apologize for that. But without a set of rules or guidelines, that would make for a terrible club and horrible race day.

Unfortunately, you are unhappy we are not racing this weekend. How about we do this. We will race Saturday. You can race for free, and I will refund your membership fee this evening. Call me to set a time to meet me at the track.

It seems that every few months, someone comes on this thread, says things, starts an arguement and disappears. Along with the cooperation of the MODs of this site, I have IP addresses for the last three "unhappy" members....Funny thing is they are all the same number. Now, I'm not a computer genious, but I know enough that an IP address is unique to a computer. No two computers have the same IP address, unless it is on a home network.

With that said, call me at home or pm me. I will meet you at the track this evening to refund your membership fee. Or, if you are busy, I can drop it off at your house.

To all the other members of Altoona Raceway or viewers of this thread "I apologize" for this brief interuption.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Any predications on whether "Ron" shows?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default ROB

If you do run sat. note that most of us have changed our plans already.

Brent and I are commited to go to Drums.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Ron - I agree w/Alf this matter should have been handled in a private conversation w/Rob, not on the public forum.

Alf - Check PM...I sent you one the other day, LMK if you didnt get it

ANYONE------ who is racing this weekend and where? I am looking to race some where but I wanna go where the action is!! I know a lot of the McC guys are going to that pro race, so not sure what the turn out is gonna be like out there?? Who is going where? Anyone, anyone,.....
We are heading to Drums.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
If you do run sat. note that most of us have changed our plans already.

Brent and I are commited to go to Drums.
I know, we are having a special race for "Ron" I will make sure there are a few cars there to race with him.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The 'Ron' benefit race! Awesome! I will not be attending
Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
The 'Ron' benefit race! Awesome! I will not be attending
LOL, you sure Tom? It's going to be good fun.

BTW, guess who didn't show. I was at the track for 2+ hours

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.