Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM >

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Old 02-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Guys, I have decided that Slash Spec is now, Stock SCT Class. No more Slash only class.

If enough 4x4 SCTs make it to the track, we will have a class for them too. Or do a modified SCT class, which ever will fill a class.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also, just a reminder.

Altoona Raceway no longer has the House transponders. I will have a few House Personals but it would be much easier if you have your own.

The House personals will be available, for a refundable deposit. Which means, if you need to use one of ours, you will make a deposit at the beginning of the race day. When racing is over and you return the PT, you will get your deposit back.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSR
The Hot Bodies offroad designer is Josh Alton. He's a 30 something American like us. The car was designed in the United States.
Oh, the highly regarded Josh Alton! Who the F is that Let me guess, he has an engineering degree and likes to play on line war games.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robwike
Guys, I have decided that Slash Spec is now, Stock SCT Class. No more Slash only class.

If enough 4x4 SCTs make it to the track, we will have a class for them too. Or do a modified SCT class, which ever will fill a class.

Stock SCT as in what comes in the kit must remain on the truck and no mixing and matching i assume?? If not I have enough componits to make one hell of a Blash!!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Stock, as in what comes with each kit respectively.

But build a Blash too, for the MOD SCT class.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Free lunch or dinner to anyone that could lend a hand on pit set up and marshall help at motorama! Im on crutches do to a [fat guy twist knee on ice slippage deal]!lol Looks like I tore my menicus,wont know for sure till the mri results come in next week.***** no crab legs Brad***** I dont think your going but you would if I could afford surf and turf!!!!!!!lol
Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Jammin

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Oh, the highly regarded Josh Alton! Who the F is that Let me guess, he has an engineering degree and likes to play on line war games.
I guess I shouldn't get to excited about the Hot Bodies success at the warm up. At the previous worlds warm up race it was Taylor James winning with his Jammin. But at the actual event he was the only Jammin in the main,finishing 6th.......Hara won and he also had three of his team members in the A with him!

By the way , nice photo on the Jammin site. Yours is only slightly better than the guy above you who looks like he just got offf the John Deere farm tractor
Old 02-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Free lunch or dinner to anyone that could lend a hand on pit set up and marshall help at motorama! Im on crutches do to a [fat guy twist knee on ice slippage deal]!lol Looks like I tore my menicus,wont know for sure till the mri results come in next week.***** no crab legs Brad***** I dont think your going but you would if I could afford surf and turf!!!!!!!lol
Brian,

I am not racing at motorama, but I do plan on coming up for Sunday, so I can help you out on Sunday. No need for food or anything here. So, if you can get someone for Saturday. I am racing Friday night at Richfield and I usually get back too late to be coherent enough on Saturday mornings.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani
Brian,

I am not racing at motorama, but I do plan on coming up for Sunday, so I can help you out on Sunday. No need for food or anything here. So, if you can get someone for Saturday. I am racing Friday night at Richfield and I usually get back too late to be coherent enough on Saturday mornings.
Thanks a bunch Jason! I bet by then The pain meds will not do a dang thing for it.lol I thank you. You and your boys have always been a help for Brent and I! Thanks again.....
Old 02-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Thanks a bunch Jason! I bet by then The pain meds will not do a dang thing for it.lol I thank you. You and your boys have always been a help for Brent and I! Thanks again.....
You know I was thinking. JD is going also and he is normally always willing to help people out. Hopefully you will be in different heats.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2 cents

Well for some time I wanted to get a Hot Bodies D8T and in a week I will be assembeling mine .I could give two shits what anyone thinks The company in my opinion has proved its product (price over product) to be well worth the $.Not to get caught up in all this trash talking
Old 02-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani
You know I was thinking. JD is going also and he is normally always willing to help people out. Hopefully you will be in different heats.

We should after a resort anyway... I have not raced since Nov.! So im sure ill be lucky to make a b main!lol
Old 02-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Jim...my 2 cents...that could be 6 awesome sets of tires for your scale buggy
Old 02-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default *clapping*

Originally Posted by robwike

Nice! glad to hear it!

one sugjestion if i may..

Bumps and jumps runs it just like that, and please dont take this as a "track comparision" as i understand "Altoona is not all the other tracks" but just a reccomendation, pretty much anything rpm, has been allowed at most places this winter. (arms,carriers ect.) the low cost of there parts (very minimaly above stock) makes for a GREAT raceday with less need to worry about breaking parts.
non of these parts increase prerformance, which is why it seems to be such a hit down at bumps and jumps.

Is it spring yet??
Old 02-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ALTOONA RACEWAY MEMBERS - ATTENTION

Good idea I-zuk, let's do this.....Let the racers decide

Up for vote...

Do we allow rpm upgrades to the Stock SCT class?

Majority wins.
Please vote here in open forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.