Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dont get the wrong impression - We never gush like this in the pits. Its more about verbal jabs trying to get under eachothers skin to gain an edge.

But ultimately, we want everone to get better so we can beat the best possible racers we can!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hey everyone

Hi all, great racing sunday. Everyone at the Altoona Raceway has made this so easy for me to step in and take over. My racers are TOP NOTCH. Now that the funerals are over I can get my mind back on things.

Many thanks to ALL the help sunday.

TomTomTuning, you definiately need to come see us. Some Richfield guys are coming this saturday to race. Tag along with them. The more racers the better. Bring any classes that you run, we have been fielding Slashes, mod trucks, mod buggys, truggys, monster trucks, and of course, 1/8th scale buggy.

Quick note about saturdays race. We will have a start time of 2:30 pm, timing shed will open at 12:30. Time between qualifiers will be alittle quicker than sunday, so adjust your preperation accordingly. Thank you.

Water will be here for saturday. I apologize for the fire company not coming through on the delivery.

New class has been added to Altoona Raceway....
Powderpuff Slash Spec.. open to female racers only. We have two females and by next week should have a third. We will run that class with only 2 racers as the class expands. Getting a female driver base will add something to Altoona, for sure. Shawna and Jackie had a blast in their face-off. It was nice to see ALL of our racers right at track side to encourage them both on.

More later this evening, time for dinner.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wanted to let everyone know that I sent letters to all the big RC manufactures AE, CEN, BYRONS, TRAXXAS,HPI, Ect....to see if they could help with any banners and associated sent me two big banners, one has the REEDY IFMARR WORLD CHAMPIONS on it and the other is TEAM ASSOCIATED and the letter they sent to me said, that they wished all the racers the best of luck and wishing rob and I the best success on the Knew track. I thought this was very cool of them and I will be sending them a thank you letter from the Altoona Raceway.
CR thanks for the props on my driving I just couldnt keep up with Issac, but I will be practicing so look out..LOL..You have alot of real decipline in your driving and one of the best I have seen..GOOD JOB. I am hoping to really get to know some of the other drivers cause I think I can learn ahellava lot from you guys. As far as my buggy, the rear diff worked its way loose and was just ripping around inside the case during the first buggy race so I appologize if I messed anyone up on the track. I sold it already so I am sticking with the brand I drive the best....CEN...I have a rep for going with the underdogs...LOL...
Old 08-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Quick note about saturdays race. We will have a start time of 2:30 pm, timing shed will open at 12:30. Time between qualifiers will be alittle quicker than sunday, so adjust your preperation accordingly. Thank you.

Also Ed Rob, and I will be running Mod Trucks Sarurday so if you have one bring it out!!! Matt Dzabo, are you racing this weekend?

Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default saturday tunna

Hey guys, Rob, just a note, i noticed the annoncment of the ladies spec slash,
my wife will not be there this weekend, she is hosting a bridal shower at my home, for my sister, and will have tons of people here, myself being the helpfull husband, wont be home! ROFL, spent 2 hours tonight mowing, got about another hour or so, on the tractor tomorrow, and probably 2 hours with the trimmer lol, going friday night to pickup the new "train-car", hopfully i'll have time to get my truggy cleaned up lol, anyway, she wont be there, but would be cool to see if any other ladies come to race for sure! ?I may bring the slash, and if the field is low may run, just to help numbers, but im sure they'll be fine.
Realy excited about the rest of the richfielders coming! Be ready for a good truggy turnout!! cant wait!!

Last edited by Nighthawk; 08-25-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Stober, just started a thread for the coolers, here's the link:http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ml#post6256833
Old 08-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm planning to run just mod truck. I feel more at home running 1/10 scale stuff. Also am going to run the cancer race in sept.

Originally Posted by gixxerman

Also Ed Rob, and I will be running Mod Trucks Sarurday so if you have one bring it out!!! Matt Dzabo, are you racing this weekend?

Let's get it on!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Nice Brad. This will be interesting.......
Old 08-26-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Talking track

Issac, are you going to be able to bring your revo sat. I was going to bring mine,it is mostly stock besides the wing and truggy tires and rims?
I wanted to let everyone know that saturday we are having a nice spread of foods and sweets to eat at the track. A variety of drinks for those like me who dont drink soda when its 90 degrees out. There will be homemade Icetea and Lemonade.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

Cool robs improvment

Last night Rob and I were at the track and man, he is really improving with that mod truck. He is getting better at knowing the midair gas and brake thing. GOOD JOB Rob. I will be purchasing a 1/10th mod truck in the NEAR future, they really look alot of fun.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Default revo

Originally Posted by revoluv
Issac, are you going to be able to bring your revo sat. I was going to bring mine,it is mostly stock besides the wing and truggy tires and rims?
I wanted to let everyone know that saturday we are having a nice spread of foods and sweets to eat at the track. A variety of drinks for those like me who dont drink soda when its 90 degrees out. There will be homemade Icetea and Lemonade.
hey man, yeah, i always bring it along in case there's monster truckers that want to run the class. i'll have it with me, along with the truggy, and the slash, like i said , i dont plan on running slash unless the count is low. but would be willing to run monster, if there's enough of us on top of truggy.

Are you asking me if mine is mostly stock? or are you telling me yours is? didnt realy understand that lol.
If your asking about mine, im guessing you havnt seen it or "Heard" it run yet... lol and those arnt truggy tires, there standard mt tires, on 23mm hex wheels
Old 08-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Last night Rob and I were at the track and man, he is really improving with that mod truck. He is getting better at knowing the midair gas and brake thing. GOOD JOB Rob. I will be purchasing a 1/10th mod truck in the NEAR future, they really look alot of fun.
That's good to hear, for me electric is relaxing and very fun to drive!!! I'd love to see a weekly electric class get up and going again!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry about that, I was saying that mine is mostly stock. No I havent seen your truck, I thought I seen a losi muggy at you table but wasnt sure. I know the revo is traxxas monster truck but I think you can run the revo in a truggy class cant you or is it strictly in monster truck class?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Default oh ok

Sorry about that, I was saying that mine is mostly stock. No I havent seen your truck, I thought I seen a losi muggy at you table but wasnt sure. I know the revo is traxxas monster truck but I think you can run the revo in a truggy class cant you or is it strictly in monster truck class?
yeah i always have mine with me, it's black with orange flames, black wing and wheels, it's my avatar pic, , that and my losi 8t truggy you could run an mt in truggy, i've done it before when i had probs with my truggy, it's just not as fast
Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
That's good to hear, for me electric is relaxing and very fun to drive!!! I'd love to see a weekly electric class get up and going again!!!
Im putting mine together[T4], will have it ready for the weekend of 9/19 or 20th! Im coming for ya Mr. crab legs!!!!!!lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.