Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I must have missed any Ed bashing-those bastards! So the TT was still strong then? Just seemed big that year I went, and then no road course

It seems like track design will be a lost cause with all of us. No worries
Old 04-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

I honestly don't know how you missed it! Tt01 did drop off, but it was because of the decision to make it a oval class not because someone raced a Tc against them!

I welcome the addition of the Sc10, it has allready brought back "life" to this thread! Also because I just received one from my daughters as a early Fathers day gift! It will make it's debut as soon as I get my Orion 5.5 for it!

LOVE BRAD
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It's all good! I'm actually enjoying the debate.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

I wouldnt have cared about any of this until last weekend. Slash outdoors was night and day to indoors. I dig it
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

I also dig it, just not Traxxas style!

Stober, I just noticed you have a Plymouth Horizon as your Avatar! I always thought they were cool cars! Is it a 2 or 4 door?
Old 04-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

I just realized the appeal of the level playing field and lack of technicality. Indoors it was more crash up derby style. If I make it Sunday i too will have a new short course truck. It will be a Slammin. A slash body on my Jammin with the v3 tires.

It is an Omni Brad
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No one should be surprised that AE has the bigger influence versus Traxxas on roar rules.

If it were the other way around, where the Traxxas came out later with an advantaged design, I don't believe roar would allow it without a fight.

There is an obvious center of gravity advantage with the sc10.

It would be simple for the aftermarket to make a flat chassis for the slash. But since they were first, the onus should be on the bandwagon jumpers to change.

I thought tt01 was a good class. On the oval my 2wd car easily had more straightaway speed with NiCd's, so it wasn't even. I agree road coarse was better. Things just change. I do think it's important to maintain a solid novice class. just a matter of how
Old 04-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I just realized the appeal of the level playing field and lack of technicality. Indoors it was more crash up derby style. If I make it Sunday i too will have a new short course truck. It will be a Slammin. A slash body on my Jammin with the v3 tires.

It is an Omni Brad
So you are saying that nobody improved as a driver because our track is easy. What--was more crash up derby style indoors?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by killerX2
I have a Kyosho 777sp2 just laying around if you are interested. I got it off of Sam Crawford a year ago. It has so many spare parts you can probably build 2 of them! I can bring it to the track on sunday. I was hoping to get $200 for it since it has practically every kinghead hop up for it and so many spare parts...

-keith

Sounds like the perfect starter Buggy!!! What all would I need to get to make it "Race Ready"?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Slash Vs. SC10

As far as I am concerned bring them on!! But then again I am currently just racing to improve my times, not racing for a win yet. I think until we actually see one run, preferably a good driver testing both for a few laps, we should just wait and see. As stated above I don't think Chuck and Doug will allow a huge advangtage or disadvantage to a particular model in a Spec Class. I also believe this will bring more people in to race, give the people a choice. And more people racing "Short Track Spec Class" will eventualy bring more to 1/8th Buggy and possibly other classes. Case in point ME, I have only raced my Slash twice and I am ready to get a Buggy and try it out!!!

My main point is lets give this a Wait and See attitude, but the contoversy is good for the forum.

Joe
Old 04-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Why is everone attacking Ed? Tom really ......'remember when the Slash class was big' c'mon? Yes the possibility of 6 people showing up in August is real but I'm sure it would not be over a SC10. Maybe because of a track that so "sick" that even scale has a problem racing it? A quote from one of your earlier post "be open minded"!!!!!

Brian D. Roar HAS changed the name of the Slash Class NOT Ed! Which I look for TRS do do in the future. Really we have no room turout wise to tell someone they can't race because they have a AE! As far as the shock thing....Alum. over plastic? I pretty sure that there are no performance gains from one to the other! Other than lighter weight for the plastics!

You guys act like Chuck or Doug would allow a all-out 15 second faster race truck race in the Slash Class I highly doubt it!!!!!

......An excerpt from the April 2009 RC Car Action page 79 on the SC 10

IS IT SPEC:
YES! The SC10 will be allowed to race against other 1/10-scale short-course trucks for several reasons. The truck features the same wheelbase and width as the Traxxas Slash. The wheels that come with the SC10 can be used with the stock Slash tires or any other after-market tires that are available for it. If your track imposes a spec tire rule, no worries, as you'll be able to mount up the appropriate tires to the SC10's wheels!
Brad the shock thing is simply stating that the the AE shocks are a proven great product and have slightly better tuning in them. They dont leak near as much,the AE pistons provide a little better dampining in my opinion.The plastic vs. alum is no big deel its the spring difference that will matter thats all. IN ALL SPEC DEAL is what drew most to the class and hope it stays that way. Im with you in that if I were to get into a short course class I would not want the traxxas and get AE, as that is what I have run in all other classes to this point. But I have a slash to run slash spec and have a blast doing so on a level playing field.I dont have a problem whith any manufacture running slash spec as long as the tires,motor,springs,esc,servo are the same. That is the point of the spec class.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlharing99
Sounds like the perfect starter Buggy!!! What all would I need to get to make it "Race Ready"?
You would need electronics,engine and pipe, and shock/diff oil. I have a JR3 radio too if you need one...

You really don't need anything else. It has so many spare parts.

-Keith
Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

I just realized the appeal of the level playing field and lack of technicality. Indoors it was more crash up derby style.

Originally Posted by gixxerman
So you are saying that nobody improved as a driver because our track is easy. What--was more crash up derby style indoors?
I think there are a lot of misunderstandings in this thread. I was referring to all Slashes being all the same and the lack of technicality these vehicles have. Slash class indoors was more brutal style-again, not saying its a bad thing, just different than outside.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

I think there are a lot of misunderstandings in this thread. I was referring to all Slashes being all the same and the lack of technicality these vehicles have. Slash class indoors was more brutal style-again, not saying its a bad thing, just different than outside.
Sorry Stober, I thought you were referring to something else!

Do I see the possibility of another person joining the ranks of 8th scale?!?! Go for it dude.....sounds like Keith's giving a hell of a deal and his stuff is well maintaned and taken care of!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.