ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

I think so but only got the engine tore down and rebuilt with ceramics so far. And I think that the front bearing is a little messed up from trying to get it in there...was really tight even with a hot block and frozen bearings. I have alot more to do and the ceramics for the buggy came this morning. I should not have a problem getting it done. Are you going to the RC-Pro race at McCullough's? I'm planning on it

I've been spending most of my time on the full size car
Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Karo

I do plan on racing the pro-series race as long as work does not get involved. I plan on going to McCullough's this weekend. I machined a 1 toe and 3 squat plate to try out. I was thinking of getting the M2C plates with the pivot balls to free the action up both front and rear, I need it to rotate better in the turns. I did a complete tear down and I noticed 3 of the inner and outer bearings in the hubs were getting a 'little' gritty.

Are you fixing the real car after the accident?

C.R.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Regular

Mine were gritty before but now all of the hub bearings are pretty much locked up. Let me know what you think of the plate(s).

The car is fixed but I changed the brake pads, cleaned the air filter, did a seafoam engine cleaner treatment to clean up the internals, changed oil, changed transmission fluid and working on installing new wheels. There is a small lip that needs filed off each corner of the car (where the weather shield caps go on the axle) for the rims to slide on properly. I got the car inspected yesterday and the mechanic didn't put my wheel lock back in the glove box. I was going to shave those lips off yesterday evening and had the car jacked up and everything.... I probably won't have enough time to rebuild the buggy the way I want but it will be done.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sam, At least your 10/10 scale vehicle is ready for racing!

Forza 2 Racing League:
Next event Thursday 6/21 9:30 pm. Lets stick with D & C class cars and the smaller, less technical road courses.

D Class @ Boomslang
D Class @ Copperhead
C Class @ Diamond Back
C Class @ Inland Taipan

GT Class @ Nissan Oval (No Career cars allowed).
Old 06-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Ed - What connection speed do you need to play without lag? I don't play many video games (never was interested) but might consider trying Forza. About the only game I play is called the next tetris on an original playstation. You should see how fast it goes after level 100 but it just levels off and won't go any faster (maybe the machine can't process any faster). The longest I've ever played one game is 5 hours without stopping. I think it was on level 4 hunded something. If you hit pause the pieces are going so fast three or four are in place a second after unpausing...then you're screwed. So you can't really stop
Old 06-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Karo,

You should have at least DSL - dial-up would be too slow.

Forza 2 is a great game. It is the only reason that I bought a XBOX 360.

Think of it as Gran Turismo with real opponents and better cars. Ed and I have been doing this for close to a year and there are some really fun people to race against. Many are willing to help with setups and techniques.

If you can you should try it - or just rent it from Blockbuster and keep it if you like it. Then you are not out of the money.

Matt
Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Sam, I think you would really enjoy Forza 2. You can set up a car to your driving style much like in RC. Matt and I have different set ups for different cars and what works for him, doest work for me and vice-versa.

Like everything else these days, its not cheap - DSL, XBox360 and of course the game itself.

But, the upside is that there some kind of race going on 24/7 and there are nationwide tournaments organized by Microsoft with qualifying and everything.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Ed is very correct on driving styles - I try to drive fast and stay out of the way - Ed just makes a hole and drives through it. A really big chrome horn.

Wonder if he drives RC the same way?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

That dude's callin you out Ed! Perhaps a little Bump'n Run Justice is in order. YOU SHALL NOT PASS! And what is this scuttlebutt about an inexpensive spec class. . . . I might even buy a Traxxas if it means OFF ROAD TT-01!

I just had to share this with my fellow Track Food Junkies. It's a J Concepts Illuzion Version 2 for the Jammin truggy. It's for sale, if you have a CRT and believe, as I do, that Shmuffins lower laptimes!

-Chris
[email protected]
Old 06-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Killer paint job Chris! If I was Icenutz or Mac, I would be all over it. Maybe you should just put your CRT underneath that thing and get back to the track!

And as Matt posted earlier, the new brushless Rustler would make for an awesome platform for a spec class. But, it's a little late in the season to get something new going. Let's wait for the vehicle to come out and let all the loyal Traxxas fans work out the bugs before anybody spends any hard earned money on it.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=24

here is a good primer on 1.8th diff tuning.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the website, I started putting the differential fluid in the center differential yesterday. The grease that was in there is like carbon black, a little bit of it gets on EVERYTHING and its sticky. Hope to see you guys within the next few weeks.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

I've only got DSL and alot of time left on the contract. 1/8 scale engine is rebuilt and looks alright from the 20 second full throttle smack into everything fest. Shocks are rebuilt but I'm afraid to see what may be broken on the chassis.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Chris,

That dude, Ed, is my brother and now is just payback for all the years of Atari 2600 Hockey that he beat me at.

I love the , "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" - That is my new motto. I know that you wrote that for Ed - but I think I am going to use it.

PS - love the paint job.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Matt, I was executing my turn four pass on you last night and I think I had you but you disappeared. What happened?

After you left you missed the true NASCAR oval style argument between Snorton and some unknown racer in the room. It was a classic. The guy said Snorton took him out on purpose and Snorton claims he had the lower line.

iCeNuTz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.