ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Reply

Old 10-20-2007, 06:15 PM
  #1501  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
d4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,634
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
I just got back from McCulloughs. Its official; D4man has officially got revenge - He lapped Pipster last week outdoors and put a lap on me indoors this week. Dave, your T4 was hooked up in the Main. Maybe I'll try out 20 degree caster blocks the next time I'm out there.
Thanks Ed!

The credit goes to Doug McCullough. Without his expertise, I probably would have had to drive a very twitchy truck and hung many tubes!!!

I almost stole the show in Gas Truck. Unfortunately, Garrett was racing me like he was the leader instead of me.
d4man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:31 PM
  #1502  
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,487
Default

Originally Posted by morris View Post
chuck,
i will do my best to be there and support my local track.
i really appreciate the things you do for me and the hospitality is great...

so thx to you for having a place for me to race at.....


Aggreed! Thank you for everything Chuck and Doug!
gixxerman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:32 PM
  #1503  
Tech Master
 
gixxerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,487
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerman View Post
Aggreed! Thank you for everything Chuck and Doug!
Bat, good to hear your coming back!

After a brief talk with the Godfather last night I have decided to change my generalized posting format, for the next 10 posts. It had been brought to my attention that my mallicious posts have not been adding to the rc values of this forum! So (cold sweat) my next 10 posts will be nothing but rc and no remarks about my good friends Brent and Bob. It will be a tough road but when I get to the 10th post GAME ON! So in honor of you Great Godfather here we go!


Here's to all the racers last night. Touring was seperated by 10ths and pan-car also. Gerald is on fire and I'm wondering if anyone will catch him, Kalemba is real close and I feel a very prominent threat! Ed, congrats on your b-main win you will also be a contender very soon. Chuck is tearing it up right now also. As for myself everthing is there except for consistency. Bob Rhodes, thanks for the use of the jig, hope to see you back soon!



NICE RC POST #1

Last edited by gixxerman; 10-20-2007 at 08:15 PM.
gixxerman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 AM
  #1504  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Ed237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dudley PA
Posts: 1,435
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

The new Gixxer? Don't go changing your ways because I suggested it. Do it only if its the right thing to do. Besides with the post race interviews pod casting from Altoona Raceway website you can get all your shots in after the race (I thought yours was pretty damn funny by the way).

But lets not forget that an independent, non-biased evaluator (the aforementioned Bob) thought the forum had the usual and customary amount of trash talking. So, I say, go for it. Let it rip!
Ed237 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:17 AM
  #1505  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (43)
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,643
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ed237 View Post
The new Gixxer? Don't go changing your ways because I suggested it. Do it only if its the right thing to do. Besides with the post race interviews pod casting from Altoona Raceway website you can get all your shots in after the race (I thought yours was pretty damn funny by the way).

But lets not forget that an independent, non-biased evaluator (the aforementioned Bob) thought the forum had the usual and customary amount of trash talking. So, I say, go for it. Let it rip!
lol
morris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:54 AM
  #1506  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Altoona, Pa
Posts: 679
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Video

I have to say great job on the videos.

Means alot to the racers.

I still have videos from the late 80's and early 90's from carpet and dirt racing. It was nice to go back and look at them and see how to become faster with different lines or suspension changes.

Great move on stock motors, lipo's and rubber tires!

C.R. Lovell
lovell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:23 AM
  #1507  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (43)
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,643
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lovell View Post
I have to say great job on the videos.

Means alot to the racers.

I still have videos from the late 80's and early 90's from carpet and dirt racing. It was nice to go back and look at them and see how to become faster with different lines or suspension changes.

Great move on stock motors, lipo's and rubber tires!

C.R. Lovell
yea it is good to go back and look at the past in this sense.
i kinda wish i could find some older footage of races that i have been in.

stock motors and rubber tires=loads of fun.but i think i am going to have to go brushless to keep the punch the whole race.
morris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:38 PM
  #1508  
Tech Apprentice
 
Budweiser 8ight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 81
Default WEBSITE

OK....Everything is up...... I think.

http://www.trshobbies.com/TRACK.html

Be sure to cruise around a bit, there is some new stuff all around.
Budweiser 8ight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:40 PM
  #1509  
Tech Apprentice
 
Budweiser 8ight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 81
Default Flowers

Brad (Gixxer) is such a nice guy and has such an unimposing demeanor. I don't understand how anything else could ever be implied.

I would like to respectfully recommend that after the next race we all get together and sing "cum by ya" for the race wrap up podcast.
Budweiser 8ight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:42 PM
  #1510  
Tech Apprentice
 
Budweiser 8ight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 81
Default Videos

Thanks Lovell..... I like them too...it is alot of work.

For anyone who hasn't seen a DVD yet..... They look awesome, high quality video. (In my humble opinion)
Budweiser 8ight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:49 PM
  #1511  
Tech Apprentice
 
Budweiser 8ight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 81
Default Class Concentration

In case anyone missed my previous post regarding class concentration....

Early on this winter has been an excellent example of the benefits of class concentration, i.e. not having 8 different thin classes.

Everything goes so much nicer and the competitive balance sorts itself out naturally allowing everyone to be in a competitve race.

Looking ahead to next summer...We're going to be focusing on 1/8 Scale Buggy and 1/10th Scale Trucks. If anyone wants to become a regular racer either this winter or next summer, please ask us --- we will do everything we can to get you set up.

There might be an outside chance at an occasional 4wd class.... but we are focusing on 1/8 Scale Buggies and 1/10th Scale Trucks.

The track is also intended to remain 1/10th scale friendly with an emphasis on racing each other and not the track.

That's all for now.

Thanks for racing everyone!
Budweiser 8ight is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:00 PM
  #1512  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
d4man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,634
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

LOL -- cum by ya, good one!!!!
d4man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:41 PM
  #1513  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (43)
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,643
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

i will have to check out one of these dvd sometime or another.
morris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:12 PM
  #1514  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I just wanted to say that I had a blast on Friday night. I would have had more fun if I wasn't so out to lunch but oh well. I have to say that I have been to allot of tracks and I don't think I have been to a place where everybody was as friendly as they were at your track. I wish the track wasn't 80 miles away or I would definitely be back each week. Good competition and a fun and friendly atmosphere. What more can you ask for. Gixxer thanks for setting me up with a table and some electric and also helping me to extinguish my esc fire. I will be more prepared the next time. Thanks again and hope to be back in a few weeks. Bob
goinbrokeracin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
  #1515  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (43)
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,643
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by goinbrokeracin View Post
I just wanted to say that I had a blast on Friday night. I would have had more fun if I wasn't so out to lunch but oh well. I have to say that I have been to allot of tracks and I don't think I have been to a place where everybody was as friendly as they were at your track. I wish the track wasn't 80 miles away or I would definitely be back each week. Good competition and a fun and friendly atmosphere. What more can you ask for. Gixxer thanks for setting me up with a table and some electric and also helping me to extinguish my esc fire. I will be more prepared the next time. Thanks again and hope to be back in a few weeks. Bob
bob,
i here you on the travel thing.i come from williamsport and it been taking me almost 2 hrs with the traffic being backed up by clems bbq there....

but im glad that you had a good time.......gotta watch yourself around gixx though....just a warning.......
morris is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service