Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
New Chicago 1/18th Scale Track StrictlyRC >

New Chicago 1/18th Scale Track StrictlyRC

New Chicago 1/18th Scale Track StrictlyRC

Old 02-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default New Chicago 1/18th Scale Track StrictlyRC

A new small scale track will be up and racing soon in Chicago. Well technically it's two blocks from Chicago city limits in Norridge:

Strictly RC
7719 W Lawrence Ave
Norridge, IL 60706
(708) 456-9100

Currently they have new Ozite down and track barriers. Pit tables will be in this week.

They will be running practice only until the race timing hardware and software is purchased.

We've been running on it and it's FUN!

Here's some photos of the track and a few of the hobbyshop:

http://tinyurl.com/2r4k8b

Last edited by chicagokenji; 02-11-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

A new I-Lap track timing system was purchased yesterday. They will be learning the hardware and new race software and races at this point look like they will begin sometime in March 2007. The date TBA.

Currently the track is open for practice.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

What day will they be racing on?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

That hasn't been determined yet. Also not sure if off road and on road will be on the same day or not.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default March 14th Test Race - Wednesday Night

Free race night. Racing to begin at 6:30pm this Wednesday. We need to be done by 8:30pm, so the program will be tailored to fit the time slot of two hours. Most likely we'll run two qualifiers and one main race for two classes.

Not sure how many might show up but I think we should keep the total racer count to 12 people total, which would be two classes total for the evening. 6 people in the first race and 6 people in a second race.

Free practice to begin at 4pm. No charges for racing. Sign up to begin at 5:45 PM, and as I mentioned will be capped at 12 people total.

If you show up earlier in the day practice fee still applies.

Race what you brung.

I need to run a few of these se we can work the bugs out of everything. So please don't be over critical of the evening if it doesn't go smooth.....
Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks to all who showed up. The evening went pretty darn good. I got some more experience running Alycat and learned more.

We'll have another free race day soon, and then set up a regular schedule for Strictly's new racing program.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default March 18th Test Race - Sunday

This coming Sunday we'll hold another race. The purpose of the race is to do some dry runs to work any kinks out of the racing program.

This coming Sunday, March 18th. Track opens at 11am. Sign in will be at 1:30-2pm, racing to begin at 2:30pm.

This time around we need to keep each race at five people. The version of Alycat I'm using will only support 5 cars at time. I'm running the demo software right now.

Classes:

1/14th Touring Car
1/18th On Road
1/18th Off Road
Novice (run any vehicle)

Practice and racing will be at no cost...yes FREE! Just for this Sunday's race day only.

We'll try to run 3 qualifiers and 1 main race. Time possibly being an issue depending on how many people show up. So we may need to go to a 2 qualifier setup.

Now I'm assuming we'll have more people than we did last night. So, I'm guessing the evening wil probably go into about the 7PM area....

Also as a side-note, I'd like to set a firm time for the actual schedule and try to adhere to a specific amount of time in between each race and each class. This would be for us to practice keeping a race day moving along and on schedule.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

We'll be racing this Wednesday March 21 at 6:30pm. Check in at 6pm. 2 qualifiers and 1 main. We may move to 3 qualifiers and 1 main if time permits.

So far we've been having a good turnout. Yesterday we ran 5 total classes, last wednesday we ran 4 classes.

Race cost is 10 bucks, and you can come and practice tomorrow at 10am until race time for the same fee.

Normal practice fees are 5 bucks.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Sunday March 25th Racing Schedule

For this coming Sunday, March 25th, we'll be racing at 1:30PM with check in to begin at 12:45.

Practice opens at 10am. No charge for practice if you'll be racing.

3 qualifiers and 1 main race

10 dollar fee.

Stay tuned for a regular race schedule to be posted soon.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Racing Schedule for March 26th to April 1st

We'll be holding a race this week on this Wednesday, March 28th. Practice opens at 10am. Sign up at 6pm, racing to begin at 6:30pm. Race fee is 10 dollars and you can come and practice all day, and race in the evening for that same fee. There will be two qualifiers and one main race for all classes.

If you want to race but can't make it on time to sign up and/or make the first qualifier call my cell phone and I'll sign you up ahead of time. 312-642-0800.

Practice only is M-F 10am until 8:30pm. But as mentioned above we'll be racing Wednesday 6:30 until closing. Practice fees are 5 dollars per day.

For this coming Sunday April 1st practice opens at 10am sign up at 12:45pm racing to begin 1:30pm. 10 dollar fee. 3 qualifiers and 1 main race.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default class rules

what are your class rules are you running just stock or do you have a brushless class? how big is the track?do you have a website?is this track on the north side of the city?
Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

right now we have no class rules based on motors or tires because the program is so new. We've been running a few different classes:

Recoil
18th Scale On Road
18th Scale Off Road.

If three of any kind of vehicle shows up we'll race it.

Here's tonight's results (don't pay attention to any laps under 5 seconds):

http://pages.ripco.net/~kenji/strict...eport%231.html

The website is still under construction but here's some info you might want:

http://strictlyrc.net/track.htm
Old 04-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Racing Schedule for April 2nd to April 8th 2007

We'll be racing this Wednesday at 6:30pm. Check in by 6pm. Feel free to call if you are not going to be there by 6pm but still want to be signed in. 312-642-0800 (my cell).

Fee is 10 bucks, practice all day then race for the same fee.

There will be no racing this Sunday April 8th, Easter Sunday.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:21 AM
DDS
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i was interested in stoppig out soon. are u still running 1/18 on road?